Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

People not going to Wembley roll call

Cheers Stan. I hope those who aren’t going manage to have a great time with either family or friends or both. Personally me and the missus will staying at her rents in the Peak District for the weekend as they away. My old man will be joining us to watch the final so can’t wait. Would prefer my brother and mates to be able to join us too, but circumstances dictate otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Cheers Stan. I hope those who aren’t going manage to have a great time with either family or friends or both. Personally me and the missus will staying at her rents in the Peak District for the weekend as they away. My old man will be joining us to watch the final so can’t wait. Would prefer my brother and mates to be able to join us too, but circumstances dictate otherwise. 

Oooh ill also be watching it in the Peak District 😊👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Just now, AmyLGK said:

Oooh ill also be watching it in the Peak District 😊👍

All the best people visit the High Peak...

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I'm gonna enjoy the game on TV at home,.ride around blaring my horn if we win and then when worse for the wear and euphoric late at night,  send a bird I fancy a cock pic on WhatsApp 

Nice man sounds pretty good. Some bird is in for a right treat an hour after Vardy bags the winner.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm gonna enjoy the game on TV at home,.ride around blaring my horn if we win and then when worse for the wear and euphoric late at night,  send a bird I fancy a cock pic on WhatsApp 

This will 100% be better than the day out at Wembley most of us are going to have.

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

Got in from work at 8pm and read my e-mails, LCFC members ballot for Cup Final tickets so I

clicked on ‘enter ballot’ and it had already taken place. It’s a bit shit really.

You are in a better place here mate 

I have such vivid memories of FA Cup final day when I was a kid in the 80s... It was on both BBC and ITV, and there was build up throughout the day, showing the coaches on the way, the road to Wembley, the captain going through the team, replays of cup finals gone by. It was always other teams and I dreamt of the day that Leicester would actually be one of those sides & I could watch them on the telly on cup final day.

40 years later, that day is here & I'll have my kids to share it with me.

I almost feel sorry for those going to Wembley and missing out.

• Like 1

When I was at school in the first half of the 70's, a teacher (can't remember his name) told us about a recurring nightmare dream where he was left standing outside Wembley with West Ham playing in the FA Cup final. I always thought that traumatic (not West Ham, obviously) and something that's always stuck in my mind. Could've been ill, car could've broken down, couldn't get a ticket, who knows but three semi finals later and its happened. Not a predictable occurance but it's come true. 

I'll be watching Auntie. 

Just now, AmyLGK said:

Where abouts will you be?

Staying in Ashbourne. But plan was to go out early on the sat for a walk somewhere and a pub lunch, then back for the game. So anywhere within an hour of Ashbourne would be good. 

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'm just outside it now...I moved to gain better access to the motoroway and trains one month before the pandemic hit. Glorious timing.

Oh no!! Lots of the local houses are being snapped up by rich southern folk who want to use them as a covid lock down escape (and holiday cottage in the mean time) so our area is losing its community feel 😭 plus the locals are being priced out of the property market...bloody rich people 🙄