Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

People not going to Wembley roll call

Just now, Unabomber said:

Staying in Ashbourne. But plan was to go out early on the sat for a walk somewhere and a pub lunch, then back for the game. So anywhere within an hour of Ashbourne would be good. 

You could always get a bus back and pretend you are going.

making sure you sit next to some moaning old codger.

Just now, fox_up_north said:

Why's everyone bloody invading the peak district? 

Get orff my land

All these losers having a 6 hour masked up round trip to london lol must’ve missed the Peak District memo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Staying in Ashbourne. But plan was to go out early on the sat for a walk somewhere and a pub lunch, then back for the game. So anywhere within an hour of Ashbourne would be good. 

Well you're near dove dale (stepping stones walk) though I don't know of pubs round there...there is the Tissington trail with Hartington and other villages off it. But I'm most familiar with the monsal trail and can highly recommend the red lion at Litton and the anglers rest at millers dale, lots of outdoor seating for both...near Tideswell 👍😊

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm gonna enjoy the game on TV at home,.ride around blaring my horn if we win and then when worse for the wear and euphoric late at night,  send a bird I fancy a cock pic on WhatsApp 

I hope it will have blue and white ribbons attached lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Please don’t put a sad face in here. Come on with a name like Lad1966 you should be the life and soul

You’re right - on the plus side there will 3 generations of the lad family watching the match at my house🥳

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm gonna enjoy the game on TV at home,.ride around blaring my horn if we win and then when worse for the wear and euphoric late at night,  send a bird I fancy a cock pic on WhatsApp 

This has got to be a contender for post of the year

• Haha 1

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

This has got to be a contender for post of the year

No chance. Post of the year will be from the Peak District supporters club (founded 06/05/21) at around 19:05 a week on Saturday. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, AshbyBlue said:

Down the local football club table booked in the open marquee be about 80 people there few plastics but all lestah so will be rocking sod the peak district. 

I might sack the Peak District off and stay local  

35 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

I have such vivid memories of FA Cup final day when I was a kid in the 80s... It was on both BBC and ITV, and there was build up throughout the day, showing the coaches on the way, the road to Wembley, the captain going through the team, replays of cup finals gone by. It was always other teams and I dreamt of the day that Leicester would actually be one of those sides & I could watch them on the telly on cup final day.

40 years later, that day is here & I'll have my kids to share it with me.

I almost feel sorry for those going to Wembley and missing out.

This. 

I've invited some family around for a bbq and plan to put a TV out on the patio to watch the game (weather permitting!). 

My 4 yr old son hasn't really watched a match yet, they're usually on too late and his attention span isn't great. But I'm determined he watches the final, and remembers it. 

I've already been building the match up with him, he'll be wearing his maroon kit and we're going to make a cut out FA Cup covered in foil! 

I did enter the ballot this morning, but wasn't sure, and I'm glad I'll get to watch the match at home with the family. 

• Like 1

Weather permitting rigged up a wood frame with an old sheet stretched over it for a big screen and will use a projector to turn the patio into outdoor cinema for a select few. BBQ etc.

if it’s raining plan b is the telly

• Like 1