Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

I'm baffled by the backlash Man U have had from the changes, and that's not me with my blue tinted glasses on. What the hell was Ole supposed to do? Play his best players with only 1 day's rest? Risk injuring Fernandes, Rashford, Cavani etc, when they have a Europa Final coming and top 4 already sown up. He did 100% the right thing, protected his players, used his full squad to get a team out who still caused us problems. 

So happy Klopp came out today and said he would have done the exact same thing as Ole. That should shut up a lot of these whinging idiots, crying about how Liverpool may miss out on Champions League football (rightly so!) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I'm baffled by the backlash Man U have had from the changes, and that's not me with my blue tinted glasses on. What the hell was Ole supposed to do? Play his best players with only 1 day's rest? Risk injuring Fernandes, Rashford, Cavani etc, when they have a Europa Final coming and top 4 already sown up. He did 100% the right thing, protected his players, used his full squad to get a team out who still caused us problems. 

So happy Klopp came out today and said he would have done the exact same thing as Ole. That should shut up a lot of these whinging idiots, crying about how Liverpool may miss out on Champions League football (rightly so!) 

Some of that backlash is an attempt to pressure Ole not to play a full cast of regulars against Liverpool.

And yes, kudos to Jurgen for coming out in defense of Ole.  He didn't have to do that.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Wow Keys couldnt hold back his love for Liverpool here.  Totally lost it.

Gray and Keys must have have already forgotten how Liverpool were at the forefront of trying to rig European and domestic football for the foreseeable future 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Gray and Keys must have have already forgotten how Liverpool were at the forefront of trying to rig European and domestic football for the foreseeable future 🤔

so many angles - the backlash against the ESL from prem league broadcasters was precisely this scenario where a club doesn’t compete in a fixture because finishing top four doesn’t matter.  They’ve missed the most salient point here that yanited have done their job this season already and liverpool haven’t .....  hence yanited are free to do what they want. It’s still a meritocracy over 38 games. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I’d just say one thing to all these scousers and spuds moaning about the side Man Utd put out.

Youd have done exactly the same thing in the same circumstances!

So don’t be hypocrites and take it on the fookin chin

👍

If it makes you feel better, Klopp has okayed it.

Keys the bitter Sky Blue again trying to get at us. First it was Rodgers was desperate to join Arsenal, now it's integrity of the league or something.

If only he'd looked 20 miles up the M69 as a lad.