Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

40 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Loads of twists I am sure! West Ham looked really out of sorts in their last match and I am sure Liverpool will be feeling the pressure as well. Also worth remembering that Chelsea's run in isn't exactly straight forward - an Arsenal team with a point to prove, a match against us (and we have already beaten them convincingly this season) and a final match at Villa Park in front of the Villa fans. 

Mate....do not rely on Arsenal. Junior Lewis would get a game for them right now ! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bptiger said:

Didn’t see the team sheet , was Pratt in the reserves , and if so anyone know why Rodgers has not played him , after he winged when he was out injured , and now he’s back he doesn’t get a run , 

It's all very strange! Silence on him.... he seemed happy he was back earlier than expected and it was put on social media and there have been interviews with him yet he just doesn't play? Its bonkers! I'm wondering if he blamed him for West Ham and he is on a "training break" like Perez?? Its really weird.

13 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Mate....do not rely on Arsenal. Junior Lewis would get a game for them right now ! 

They have beaten us twice this season! They are seriously inconsistent, but you can generally rely on their players turning up for the Derby match. 

A vital win, thought we were poor after we scored the first goal, but really improved from 55 minutes (or so) onwards. That was a poor United team though, we should be beating them IMO.

Great goal from Thomas btw, but the defending from the back line and the keeper was pretty shocking.

Hopefully that can go someway towards helping the little mental block we seemed to have lately, although I think we've only failed to win two games in a row all season in the EPL? So we've not really had a poor run at all.

I think realistically 2 more draws will be enough, but a win against either Chelsea or Spurs would just about guarantee it. It'd be nice if United beat Liverpool tomorrow, even a draw would be great.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think they tripled the number of shots they had after we changed it. I barely recall Schmeichel touching the ball in the second half before the change.

Honestly, as long as you can hand on heart say that if Fernandes didn't spoon his shot wide and it went in, that you'd still be happy with the decision then that's fair enough. For me it's not the kind of attitude I like. We were controlling the game and looking dangerous before the subs. We barely touched the ball in their half for 15 mins after the change.

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

The literally had a chance where Hamza failed to track his man. 

I really do suggest that you watch the last 10-15 minutes back again, now you know the result and the nerves are not there

Other than when Hamza failed to track Mata (which is poor, let's be fair) which resulted in Bruno's slice and a decent ish cross from Williams they really didn't create much at all.

Fofana put in a couple of decent blocks and that's it. When they tried to play, we denied them any space, and most balls into the box were hopeful punts forward that 999 out of 1000 result in nothing. 

Watch the last 10 minutes of us against Newcastle and compare the 2. Almost identical. Slow passes side ways looking for space where there is none, and then giving up and lumping forward in the hope the ball bounces your way. 

Yes, United had the majority of the ball in the last 10 minutes, but they had very little space because of the game plan we executed to see the game out. 

With no nerves you'd see it through different lenses, and other than that flash across the box from Mata and Fernandes' slice, there's not one moment where you think United are going to score 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hales said:

It's all very strange! Silence on him.... he seemed happy he was back earlier than expected and it was put on social media and there have been interviews with him yet he just doesn't play? Its bonkers! I'm wondering if he blamed him for West Ham and he is on a "training break" like Perez?? Its really weird.

I've reluctantly accepted the possibility that he's asked to leave. 

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Didn’t see the team sheet , was Pratt in the reserves , and if so anyone know why Rodgers has not played him , after he winged when he was out injured , and now he’s back he doesn’t get a run , 

Praet...He was in den Bench and any clever fan, would realise & know any injured squad player,

in an already depleted squad Leaves the manager

with few choices, go-tos,and room to tinker & tweek the side...Not forgetting rotation...

Snidey under the table remarks, without recognising the facts....Leaves you out in the cold..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Also thought Robbie savage really defended us last night against rio. I know Robbie not the most popular person around here but he does know what’s he on about when talking about us and seems he’s abit of a fan of Leicester again. Never thought I’d be praising Sutton and savage :D but give them their credit they both when talking about Leicester seem to see it the way we do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Also thought Robbie savage really defended us last night against rio. I know Robbie not the most popular person around here but he does know what’s he on about when talking about us and seems he’s abit of a fan of Leicester again. Never thought I’d be praising Sutton and savage :D but give them their credit they both when talking about Leicester seem to see it the way we do. 

Robbie Savage has only just started praising us as much as he does. 

It's like we're good now so Savage is playing the former club card because he can now be proud of the team that we've become 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I really do suggest that you watch the last 10-15 minutes back again, bow you know the result and the nerves are not there

Other than when Hamza failed to track Mata (which is poor, let's be fair) which resulted in Bruno's slice and a decent ish cross from Williams they really didn't create much at all.

Fofana put in a couple of decent blocks and that's it. When they tried to play, we denied them any space, and most balls into the box were hopeful punts forward that 999 out of 1000 result in nothing. 

Watch the last 10 minutes of us against Newcastle and compare the 2. Almost identical. Slow passes side ways looking for space where there is none, and then giving up and lumping forward in the hope the ball bounces your way. 

Yes, United had the majority of the ball in the last 10 minutes, but they had very little space because of the game plan we executed to see the game out. 

With no nerves you'd see it through different lenses, and other than that flash across the box from Mata and Fernandes' slice, there's not one moment where you think United are going to score 

I wasn't nervous really, I was more annoyed that the change was made when we looked like we would score another goal or two against a team that was on the ropes, especially with the potential of top 4 going down to goal difference against Liverpool.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Robbie Savage has only just started praising us as much as he does. 

It's like we're good now so Savage is playing the former club card because he can now be proud of the team that we've become 

we're making him lots of money - he asked to be on lots of big games due to his connection to us. something that he never expected would be the case (which is what he said the other day)

30 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Thought Chris Sutton was salivating over us at times too! Weird night :dunno:

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

“Oh yeah, I forgot I played for them!”

Robbie Savage on Leicester sometime before 2016. I distinctly remember it. Now he can’t stop going on about his time at Leicester.

The man’s a cnut.

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

Just head to say how much I enjoyed Albrighton’s and Fofana’s performances. You all can go on with your day now. :P

1st half Albrighton frustrated me, seemed to give the ball away a lot(not the only one). 2nd half he was brilliant.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That would have been my preference but Praet seems to be on the naughty step, has he picked him since that West Ham away game? Seems like he's taken the fall for that.

.. would a diamond help the situation with Praet playing alongside Tielemans with Perez or Maddison at the head behind the front two!!!

I think we need to fill the midfield and with Praet, we get him in a position that suits him.

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

“Oh yeah, I forgot I played for them!”

Robbie Savage on Leicester sometime before 2016. I distinctly remember it. Now he can’t stop going on about his time at Leicester.

The man’s a cnut.

For Christ's sake don't be so sensitive. Yes he is a bit of a tool, but he loves a wind up...always has. Don't rise to it. The way the club headed after and given the circumstances of his departure and his duplicity/manner of leaving - I'm not in the least bit surprised that he's in denial and tried to wipe it from his memory. He was nonetheless a decent player for us and he pretty much always put in a shift. 

• Like 2