Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

35 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Hate to admit it but Chris Sutton is a really good commentator. Think he’s a bellend for his past comments but he’s much better then most of the clowns on sky/bt. 

It does my head in how Norfolk he is. Not just the accent but the cadence and whole demeanour. He reminds me of old guys who I ask for directions when out walking who say "oooh no you dun wanna go down there" and then don't actually tell me which way to go instead. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Wow if Chelsea fail to win tommorow, beat them and it's done.

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Couldn’t Liverpool win all their games, finish on 69 and pip us on goal difference? 

Actually Liverpool would be irrelevant if Chelsea draw tomorrow and lose to us as they couldn't catch us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Hmm - I always thought I was a pint glass half-empty bloke, yet, on this forum, there are those who make me resemble an American gameshow host.

I didn't see a second-string team fielded by United - they were a mix of fast, agile and experienced (and expensive) players. Then Cavani & Co. came on and were contained.

Two magnificent goals and who really cares that one was from a "set piece"? Do you actually know the success rate of corners? It's extremely low.

You might be delighted with a win, but the curmudgeonly nature of your response to the team you purport to support - young men who've battled against setbacks all season, and have reached a Cup Final and, potentially, a CL place - is astonishingly negative. 

Words have now failed me.

Tomorrow I'll pick up a decent daily paper and read a neutral, informed take on the game. It will be a salve to the ire you Eeyores generate in me.

It might mention the wholesale changes Sjolskaer made and the absence of the 'big four', but it will applaud the brilliance of Luke Thomas and the determination of Caglar Soyuncu. It will laud N'Didi, Fofana and Tielemans for their skill and Albrighton for his persistence and ingenuity. Iheanacho's fine holding and release of the ball should get a mention, as should Vardy's usual hugely intelligent movement.

I visit this forum to find those who share a love of Leicester City and it's players and yet, so often, I encounter the niggardly and the miserly. And the thing is, it don't get much better than this. These are the best of times. I'm sorry you cannot appreciate that.

Plastic 😜

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Liverpool fans kicking off about the strength of

Man U’s team.

Ultimate karma for the way Klopp refused to

turn up for a cup tie and sent out the Under 23s. 

It's funny seeing them kick off on Twitter and Facebook. Although i feel their anger should be directed more at the premier league for giving united 3 games in 6 days or whatever it was. 

No one can blame Solskjaer for fielding a weakened team under those circumstances 

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Looking at the match stats, we had 12 shots, 3 on target.

They, as the home side, only had 4 shots and just one on target, the goal.

We did a fine job on them.

PS That's 60 shots we've had in three games - only 4 points from it but we're having a go.

As shit as we were against Newcastle we could've won 5-4. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Hate to admit it but Chris Sutton is a really good commentator. Think he’s a bellend for his past comments but he’s much better then most of the clowns on sky/bt. 

He went and spoke to the parliamentary committee about head injuries related to footy, and very good he was too. I'm a convert now. He has to be chippy, it's part of his job, but I think he is a cut above many in that role.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....would rather keep a back four!!!

We looked like we had started to understand each other in the second half and confidence began to flow, suddenly players started to believe in themselves and each other. The partnership of Fofana and Soyuncu can only grow and will be the future, having Evans on the bench is a good option.

Savage suggested it was a four without the ball, and 3 with, in the second half. I'm not saying that is defo right, but he seemed confident and none of the other pundits argued.

Whatever it was, it did seem better, Brendan mentioned tactical tweaks at half time.

2 hours ago, shen said:

Honestly, if they were hungrier and faster than us, it puts it into even better light that we restricted them to four shots and just one on target. Not sure how you are able to turn that performance into a negative for us.

They cannot have been hungrier than The Foff. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's something which puts me off scrolling through FT at times - too many folk looking for the worst in things.

Nobody wants to see all happy-clappy blue-tinted specs stuff but the level of glass half-empty moaning is mad.

I'm trying to make damn sure when I look back at this glorious period I remember how much I enjoyed it.

I avoid here during a match as the abuse if we concede just a goal is mental, let alone if we lose a game.

I've also started to notice that those posting the very OTT criticisms are notably quiet after a victory. Very odd. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I avoid here during a match as the abuse if we concede just a goal is mental, let alone if we lose a game.

I've also started to notice that those posting the very OTT criticisms are notably quiet after a victory. Very odd. 

...they're probably too busy celebrating!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Savage suggested it was a four without the ball, and 3 with, in the second half. I'm not saying that is defo right, but he seemed confident and none of the other pundits argued.

Whatever it was, it did seem better, Brendan mentioned tactical tweaks at half time.

Luke Thomas confirmed this in his post match interview. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mucfox said:

Thank you ManU for the starting XI...

On Thursday we will all be the biggest ManU fans for 90 minutes...and Klopp will cry   :scarf::beer:

And you just know Klopp is going to whine about the lineup Ole put out there tonight.

Decent performance against a weakened Man Utd side, although there was still plenty of talent and was never going to be a walkover. 

I thought we did well was always going to be a high pressure game given what was at stake and I thought our approach was good. Yes their equaliser knocked us out of our stride but our 2nd half performance was excellent and showed a great level of maturity and game management. Also bear in mind Utd sat very deep so were very hard to break down, knowing they had a real threat on the counter attack. 

last year we would have lost that game and critically that win puts all the pressure back on West Ham and Liverpool who have to win, it’s not over yet but that result has put us back in a great position