Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Praet...He was in den Bench und any clever fan, would realise & know Any injured squad player, in an already deplete d squad Leaves the manager

with few choices, go-tos,and Room to Stinker & tweek the side...Not forgetting rotation...

Snidey under the table remarks, without recognising the facts....Leaves you out in the cold..!!

I'm pretty sure that is english - but just not as we know it!

......sorry, love your posts really.

Edited by SuperMike
Cant spell

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, Line-X said:

For Christ's sake don't be so sensitive. Yes he is a bit of a tool, but he loves a wind up...always has. Don't rise to it. The way the club headed after and given the circumstances of his departure and his duplicity/manner of leaving - I'm not in the least bit surprised that he's in denial and tried to wipe it from his memory. He was nonetheless a decent player for us and he pretty much always put in a shift. 

For Christ’s sake, don’t be so thoughtlessly quick to accuse people of being over-sensitive.

I was merely saying I think he’s an arse and providing some evidence to justify my opinion - and furthermore in the specific context of someone having commented favourably on how pro-Leicester he is.

6 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I'm pretty sure that is english - but just not as we know it!

......sorry, love your posts really.

I am branching out....,One has to feel the language....:yesyes:

Our default use of the language is therefore extremely creative and dynamic, rather than rule-bound, restricted, and beset by pointless and obsessive limitations, a la the Académie Française.[1]

(For example see the endless discussion of rules of grammar, and dissection of the habits of speech of the British, by other English speakers, some of whom have no inhibitions when it comes to explaining we are at fault for not following rules they have recently concocted, and others who will swear blind - to use ancient idiom - that whatever they speak is the real thing, despite it having been largely invented, often within living memory, and that it is the English who are speaking in some strange alien creole compared to, say, any random inhabitant of Paris, Texas.)

• Haha 3

Commentators had a line that still has me giggling about it today

"Its the earliest that all three teams have been relegated.  Fulham confirmed last night.  West Brom confirmed on Sunday"

"Sheffields was confirmed in November"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've reluctantly accepted the possibility that he's asked to leave. 

I hope not. We have a lot of games next season, and while Praet is no show pony he is good at controlling a midfield and killing a game. We are going to need that.

I think he will stay for the Champions League. Indeed I don't think that we will lose any first teamers this summer, just a few peripheral players.

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

I hope not. We have a lot of games next season, and while Praet is no show pony he is good at controlling a midfield and killing a game. We are going to need that.

I think he will stay for the Champions League. Indeed I don't think that we will lose any first teamers this summer, just a few peripheral players.

I agree, but given the smoke signals about recruitment, his card may well have been well and truly marked already. 

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

For Christ’s sake, don’t be so thoughtlessly quick to accuse people of being over-sensitive.

I was merely saying I think he’s an arse 

So was I.

Sure about that are you?...

4 hours ago, Bert Fill said:

The man’s a cnut.

Guest Bert Fill
32 minutes ago, Line-X said:

So was I.

Sure about that are you?...

Yes, I’m pretty sure, but thanks for your patronising tone. Much appreciated.

Why - do you need me to use precisely the same disparaging term each time so you don’t get confused?

😉

16 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Yes, I’m pretty sure, but thanks for your patronising tone. Much appreciated.

Why - do you need me to use precisely the same disparaging term each time so you don’t get confused?

😉

It's not intended to be disparaging and certainly far less offensive than branding someone a c**t - even though his is a complete tit. 

1 hour ago, sdb said:

I was surprised Choudhury was chosen over Mendy. Mendy was excellent vs Newcastle and Hamza is a positional catastrophe. Not sure it bodes well for Papy's future.

I want to be in the cl coz it will help with retention and acquisition of players. 

Last time we had to sack ranieri !

So this time we need a bigger squad.... no one should be leaving... including mendy hamsa preat and Maddison 

Guest Bert Fill
10 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It's not intended to be disparaging and certainly far less offensive than branding someone a c**t - even though his is a complete tit. 

Ah, I see where this misunderstanding has come from! You thought when I called him a cnut I meant a c**t, but I meant a Cnut. Because of his long blond hair Savage reminded me of the Viking king Cnut, and I was comparing Savage’s  unconvincing pretence to love Leicester with Cnuts famously inept attempt to rule Norway at the same time as England through the auspices of Queen Aelfgifu.

Robbie Savage is still a twat though.

2 hours ago, sdb said:

I was surprised Choudhury was chosen over Mendy. Mendy was excellent vs Newcastle and Hamza is a positional catastrophe. Not sure it bodes well for Papy's future.

Mendy basically does the Wilf job and that would have had us sit too deeply. Hamza will put in a shift and close everyone down, applying the pressure back to United. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Mendy basically does the Wilf job and that would have had us sit too deeply. Hamza will put in a shift and close everyone down, applying the pressure back to United. 

Hamza seemed to be asked to play on the right side of midfield, filling a space .... Not sure he looked like he knew what his role was .....

This is such an underrated team goal. 

As soon as Wilf passes to Castagne, Nachoman starts moving towards him to give him an option and pulls Tuanzebe wayyy out of his place.

As Nacho is controlling it Tielemans had initially wanted the ball but spots the open space and makes a run, Nacho gives it to Albrighton who has spotted that gap too, and puts a perfectly weighted ball right where it needs to be.

Tuanzebe’s mistake has pulled the entire Utd defence out of position with only Bailly challenging Tielemans and Williams left alone with Vardy.

Williams anticipates a low cross for a Vardy tap-in but Vardy hoodwinks Williams moves the other direction; Tielemans instead has spotted Thomas whose finish is quite literally perfect. 

What a goal. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sdb said:

Off the top of my head didn’t Hamza come on in a slightly wide position. Better suited than Mendy to play slightly wider