Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chester Dontlie

Youri's Goal of the Century Thread

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

For me, it was yeh 

Thinking about it maybe me too as I watched the spurs Chelsea game on my own but watched the fa cup win with my dad. The league win seemed like a dream whereas the fa cup win was always something that was achievable for our team so to finally win it was brilliant. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Thinking about it maybe me too as I watched the spurs Chelsea game on my own but watched the fa cup win with my dad. The league win seemed like a dream whereas the fa cup win was always something that was achievable for our team so to finally win it was brilliant. 

Yeah precisely that mate

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sishades said:

The FA Cup always was and always will be the one trophy that I always wanted us to win. Ditto for my mother who is also a city fan. 

The F A Cup was that golden beautiful woman you had admired for years but was always out of reach then finally notices you and agrees to be yours.

58 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Almost identical scenario to me. I'd have loved to be with my old man when it happened or at least with other Leicester fans but not come across too many crazy enough to support us down in London!

Plus you've got the fact that it's a one off game with complete jeopardy whereas the league was pretty much wrapped up anyway and we didn't get to 'win it' ourselves.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Almost identical scenario to me. I'd have loved to be with my old man when it happened or at least with other Leicester fans but not come across too many crazy enough to support us down in London!

Plus you've got the fact that it's a one off game with complete jeopardy whereas the league was pretty much wrapped up anyway and we didn't get to 'win it' ourselves.

This for me is why celebrating the FA Cup win was more emotional than winning the league. The league win was fantastic but we'd put ourselves in such a commanding position that even we couldn't balls it up. The FA Cup final however was simply down to 90 mins (plus stoppages).

I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal with such gusto like I did Youri's. Gave myself a huge headache and burst a load of blood vessels in my eyes!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

This is why despite all the crap he’s been this season I can’t ever be mad at him just disappointed. Being at Wembley to see that goal go in was the one of the most joyous moments in my life supporting city something I only ever dreamt of as a kid. 

That will never be taken away now and what I will will always remember Youri for

Same here, when he’s on it, he’s superb. He was great during the cup run. 

Saddens when I have the bloke behind me scream ‘donkey’ at him every week 

37 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Same here, when he’s on it, he’s superb. He was great during the cup run. 

Saddens when I have the bloke behind me scream ‘donkey’ at him every week 

In the 2016/17 season, I sat next to a couple of aerosols who seemed to attend to scream abuse at our lazy, inept striker:Jamie Vardy.

They were really annoying.  They probably still are.   I hope they uave been banned from all football related activity and made to community service as door.knobs.

14 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

The F A Cup was that golden beautiful woman you had admired for years but was always out of reach then finally notices you and agrees to be yours.

I yelled very loud, but strangely, I yelled louder when Chelsea's late goal was VAR'ed off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Incognito said:

This for me is why celebrating the FA Cup win was more emotional than winning the league. The league win was fantastic but we'd put ourselves in such a commanding position that even we couldn't balls it up. The FA Cup final however was simply down to 90 mins (plus stoppages).

I don't think I've ever celebrated a goal with such gusto like I did Youri's. Gave myself a huge headache and burst a load of blood vessels in my eyes!!

I fractured my ribs I think. Never went to the walk in centre but I was in agony for a few days after 😂

• Haha 1