Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chester Dontlie

Youri's Goal of the Century Thread

It's hard to rank it without bias, but I've been trying to think if the great Cup Final goals of the past, and there's only one that if people are looking objectively that comes close and that Gerrard in 2006. Genuinely think it's the greatest FA cup final goal.

Can anyone, taking their Leicester specs off, think of one that runs it close? Maybe Ricky Villa?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's hard to rank it without bias, but I've been trying to think if the great Cup Final goals of the past, and there's only one that if people are looking objectively that comes close and that Gerrard in 2006. Genuinely think it's the greatest FA cup final goal.

Can anyone, taking their Leicester specs off, think of one that runs it close? Maybe Ricky Villa?

Di Matteo 97?

• Like 3

On 16/05/2021 at 08:02, StanSP said:

Shivers. 

Only just noticed Albrighton's reaction lol

On 15 seconds you see him go to put his hands on his head, 7 seconds later as it pans out he still has his hands on his head lol It's like a fan has made it onto the pitch, love it!

36 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Taking my Leicester specs off, the Gerrard goal was better. It's a volley from 35 yards to take the game to extra time in the last minute.

In terms of Cup goals at Wembley though, surely it's the best? The Ricky Villa goal was good but I suppose it depends on how you rank a great goal though. For me there is nothing better than a piledriver into the top corner.

• Like 2

I never heard the ‘shooooot’ in the ground before he lined up to ping it….

It was the Leicester fans wot won it as it’d have quite clearly never occurred to him to shoot without the very clear prompt from us

Take a bow city fans!

• Haha 2

Guest bss9401

Comfortably our goal of the century. Yes, Marc against Bruges, Jamie against Man U and Mahrez against Man C were special but for a one off with it's quality and to win an FA Cup final means that it couldn't be matched.

Also definitely in the top 5 of all time FA Cup final goals I've seen.

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱

Better than di Matteo. That was a good shot but it went pretty much straight at the keeper. Villa was brilliant but somebody should've tackled him. 

The only one that is possibly better than Youri's is Gerrard's, as much as I hate to admit it. But it was a bit hit and hope. Technique-wise I think Saturday's was the best ever. 

• Like 2

I watched the BBC on cup final day and recorded bt sport, Having watched BT sports on Sunday, I must have watched Tielemans goal over and over again 100+times , it gives me goosebumps just listening to Hoddle and the other bloke in aww of his strike.

I actually yelled THUNDERBASTARD as it hit the back of the net, and am now deeply concerned about the prospect of my 15-month-old having an unwanted addition to her vocabulary. 

Genuinely one of the best cup final goals ever scored. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1