Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chester Dontlie

Youri's Goal of the Century Thread

Without doubt it was a terrific goal that brought the FA Cup to Leicester City after such a long wait and for that I will always be grateful to Tielemans and the team.

I agree it can be classed as "Goal of the Century'. My only wish is that 'Dynamite' would do it more often.

31 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Without doubt it was a terrific goal that brought the FA Cup to Leicester City after such a long wait and for that I will always be grateful to Tielemans and the team.

I agree it can be classed as "Goal of the Century'. My only wish is that 'Dynamite' would do it more often.

I think we would have accepted a lucky rebound or an own goal to win it but having this picture goal to relive is marvellous. Funny how these incidents slow down  in your memory. I recall thinking oh good Youri has it he can shoot. Then he does and I think that looks good oh it's gone past the keeper then the net bulges. I go potty and my wife is doing the same. What a feeling.

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Embarrassing this.

Another example of us getting 0 respect from the media. Look at some of the meh moments on there. We had the record for most finals without winning, scored one of the great final goals, then the amazing saves, disallowed goal, and then you add in the fact fans were allowed back in the stadium after COVID and you're telling me that it's not in the top 50 moments?

Yet look at some of the absolute meh moments in there. If anybody thinks we're precious with the media treatment, this is about as much evidence as you could have that it's merited.

BBC did those top 50 moments a year before we won it.

Media constantly back us. I'm always seeing them say how clubs should aim to be like us. 

10 seconds after that goal I was sitting with my head in my hands, shaking, wondering how Stockley Park were going to find a way, any way, of disallowing it.

If they had, I think that would've been the end of football for me, then and there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

10 seconds after that goal I was sitting with my head in my hands, shaking, wondering how Stockley Park were going to find a way, any way, of disallowing it.

If they had, I think that would've been the end of football for me, then and there. 

Should it have been disallowed?..

What would you have thought if that had happened against us?

Looked like the use of his hand to me.

But do I care a fvck!!😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Never even crossed my mind from where I was standing in the ground. 

Just all happened so fast.

I had my head in my hands when Chilwell equalized though.

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Should it have been disallowed?..

What would you have thought if that had happened against us?

Looked like the use of his hand to me.

But do I care a fvck!!😂

The rules state that it wasn't a handball as it deflected off another body part. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The rules state that it wasn't a handball as it deflected off another body part. 

You are absolutely right. On top of that, it didn't even directly result in a goal because it entered a new phase of play the moment that Thomas picked up the loose ball. 

• Like 1

This is why despite all the crap he’s been this season I can’t ever be mad at him just disappointed. Being at Wembley to see that goal go in was the one of the most joyous moments in my life supporting city something I only ever dreamt of as a kid. 

That will never be taken away now and what I will will always remember Youri for

• Like 3