Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chester Dontlie

Youri's Goal of the Century Thread

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It's hard to rank it without bias, but I've been trying to think if the great Cup Final goals of the past, and there's only one that if people are looking objectively that comes close and that Gerrard in 2006. Genuinely think it's the greatest FA cup final goal.

Can anyone, taking their Leicester specs off, think of one that runs it close? Maybe Ricky Villa?

Di Matteo against Middlesbrough was decent I think?

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Can't believe I've gone a whole hour without watching it.

I went to the gym earlier got on the treadmill looked up at the TV and a replay of the game was being shown just as chillbell scored I hadn't seen that for at least 20 minutes lol

• Haha 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

Amazing.

Not jealous at all :ph34r:

From all of us who couldn't be there...thank you.

You sounded amazing on TV and were just as important as any player on that pitch.

Yeah was brilliant barely heard Chelsea hopefully going forward we can get a similar atmosphere at the Kp with everybody full of emotion and tanked up after being away from the stands for so long lol

• Like 1

On 16/05/2021 at 13:26, NasPb said:

ISNT HIS NAME FRENCH?

On 16/05/2021 at 13:44, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Flemish - Belgian Dutch 

I think his name is a Belgian Vlaams version of the Dutch surname Telerman, which would mean something like ‘Grower’ (of crops or plants). Similar to Farmer, but not Farmer, which would be Boer or derivatives thereof.

Top content for a football forum there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I think his name is a Belgian Vlaams version of the Dutch surname Telerman, which would mean something like ‘Grower’ (of crops or plants). Similar to Farmer, but not Farmer, which would be Boer or derivatives thereof.

A Tillerman in English, or farmer. 

Gerrard vs West Ham was the only FA Cup final goal I’ve seen that was better I think. That was truly spectacular, but so Stevie Gerrard.

Youris was the greatest Leicester goal I can remember, based on quality and moment. I was literally screaming at the TV in a way I never have before over any goal.

The moment and the feeling of being less than 30 mins away from an FA Cup definitely played a part, but combined with the quality of the goal, it has to be number 1 for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Some fool on the Chelsea fans forum said that if Kepa was taller he would of saved it

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

They could have had Kepa, Mendy and Caballero in goal at the same time and none of them would have got near it.

10 hours ago, kyleolly said:

I heard Adrian Durham on talksport saying Mendy would have saved it lol

Peter Schmeical called it "unsavable"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Superb :appl:

I love how you realise you got it on video as well lol

I can t take the credit . It was my son who just started filming a few seconds before . It was me screaming and jumping on him 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Haha definitely possible. I just assumed that because he's of Congolese descent through one of his parents that his last name would be French in origin. Idk why. 

Turns out it's his father the one who is flemish. Makes sense now! 

Edited by NasPb

Thanks for the video @Gazza3. I've been watching the replays about a dozen times every day and your (your son's) take from behind the goal is prob my favourite, with everyone spontaneously going bonkers upon seeing the ball in the net, simply priceless. The ESPN commentary (Motson I think?) was so disappointingly lukewarm, these commentators cant recognize a true diamond when they see one   

I will never get tired of watching it lol

20 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Like saxon/Normen Tillmans/Tillson...to Till the land..:)