Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Crystal Palace. Out of contract players

Am I the only one who looks at Batshuayi and thinks there’s a player in there that could still

shine with a bit of TLC and the right environment? We desperately need forwards and a freebie on low-ish wages, to cover an ageing and declining Vardy, an inconsistent Nacho and unproven Eduoard, works for me.   

Just now, TrentFox said:

Am I the only one who looks at Batshuayi and thinks there’s a player in there that could still

shine with a bit of TLC and the right environment? We desperately need forwards and a freebie on low-ish wages, to cover an ageing and declining Vardy, an inconsistent Nacho and unproven Eduoard, works for me.   

On loan from Chelsea

• Thanks 1

Palace could be in huge trouble if they don't bring in a good manager and perform in the summer transfer window. Without the stability of Hodgson and the core of an ageing squad out of contract this summer they may fall on rocky ground. They'll be one of the more interesting clubs to watch in the off season.

As for anyone one that list rocking up here, gtf. 

Bring the Schlupperman home!

I forgot that Connor Wickham existed.

His career seems to have been worse hit by injury than Matty James'.....

Crystal Palace 2015–16 Premier League 21 5 3 1 0 0 24 6
2016–17 Premier League 8 2 0 0 2 1 10 3
2017–18 Premier League 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2018–19 Premier League 6 0 2 1 0 0 8 1
2019–20 Premier League 6 1 1 0 1 0 8 1
2020–21 Premier League 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total 41 8 6 2 3 1 0 0 50 11
Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 2019–20 Championship 13 2 0 0 13 2

30 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Palace could be in huge trouble if they don't bring in a good manager and perform in the summer transfer window. Without the stability of Hodgson and the core of an ageing squad out of contract this summer they may fall on rocky ground. They'll be one of the more interesting clubs to watch in the off season.

As for anyone one that list rocking up here, gtf. 

My tips for relegation next year. 

33 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Given that he's not a freebie, not on especially low wages and has 15 league goals in 5 seasons in England, I hope you are the only one

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Given that he's not a freebie, not on especially low wages and has 15 league goals in 5 seasons in England, I hope you are the only one

Yes, my bad! Not sure why, but in my head I thought Palace had bought him a while back 🤷

• Like 1

Fascinating to see what they do, its an opportunity to revamp their quite bloated wage structure and bill but to sign 5-10 new players will cost them £100m or more as well I'd have thought.

A couple of poor decisions and they're down in the next season or so.

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

But he’s going to have to drop down to get games - abs his wages will fall accordingly. Maybe not his price, enough, though? 

Just now, TrentFox said:

Yes, my bad! Not sure why, but in my head I thought Palace had bought him a while back 🤷

He does seem to have been floating around for a while to be fair. He's been at Chelsea for five years which I find pretty remarkable. Guess we're not the only ones who struggle to shift our deadwood.

Just now, Guest said:

He does seem to have been floating around for a while to be fair. He's been at Chelsea for five years which I find pretty remarkable. Guess we're not the only ones who struggle to shift our deadwood.

Five years? Wow! What a waste. I think he would be my wild-card pick !! We could never get near him, but I have a similar thing for Pepe at Arsenal. I really think there’s a diamond in there, too. 

Just now, TrentFox said:

Five years? Wow! What a waste. I think he would be my wild-card pick !! We could never get near him, but I have a similar thing for Pepe at Arsenal. I really think there’s a diamond in there, too. 

I am actually with you on Pepe. They overpaid quite considerably I think but he is certainly talented and would probably benefit from playing in a slightly more sane environment than Arsenal

• Like 1