Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Farrington fox

Under

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

The Premier League has been average at best for the atleast the last 2 years, you can guise or dress it up as much as you want that it was competitive, unpredictable, but bottom line is, it's been average, take nothing away from how good we've been but it's the reason we were in the top 4 for 2 whole seasons apart from the week that counted in consecutive years.

I feel this year the 'top' teams in the Premier League have got stronger and it won't be as average certainly regarding the 'top table'.

I think it’s been far from average . Some of  the football has been terrific to watch . 

21 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

why has it been average, just because we've been in the top 4 for the last 2 season? i don't agree with that at all. 

Not at all.

Liverpool only won the league because no one else turned up (Remember when that was said about another team who'd never won the Premier League before?...You won't hear it said about Liverpool though will you?)

Man City didn't start playing for almost half a season and still won it last season.

As I said in my last post take nothing away from our achievments, you could argue the 'smaller' teams (Us, West Ham, Wolves - take last season out the equation/Same could be said about Sheff Utd then they got relegated, Villa, e.t.c) got stronger, the gap got closer which I kind of agree with, but the 'top' teams have been upset by it and have only got stronger again but generally I feel the last 2 seasons (atleast) the league has been average.

However if we are being critical of ourselves and can make an argument for the league being average, we've managed to be in the top 4 for 2 whole seasons whilst putting our feet up come January in both seasons only to be caught in the final week of each season but I think that says more about the league rather than ourselves.

Without being 'entitled' the previous 2 season I was confident and expected us to mount a serious challenge for top 4 because I felt the top teams were average, we were nearly successful both times but didn't quite manage it.

This season I don't feel confident we can mount a serious challenge for top 4, neither do I expect it, not because I think we're any poorer than we have been, not at all, we're arguably stronger - this is the first season we've managed to keep hold of everyone, but as i've said the 'top' teams have got stronger and I fear we've missed our chance to capitalise making top 4 unfortunately.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

why has it been average, just because we've been in the top 4 for the last 2 season? i don't agree with that at all. 

...the top teams have been inconsistent for a while and now they have got their act together!!!

Teams like West Ham, Everton and even the Villa have strengthened and make the league even tougher. Going by the underwhelming  performances of the historical big 6 I envisaged at the start of the last two season we would be looking at top 3 or 4, this season I have no idea where we will finish as everyone around us are adopting our way of recruitment and philosophy.

It will not take Arsenal any great deal of time to turn things around, it just needs the right man in the right space to do that. Should they go for Conte and Arsenal commit to him early, we will have a bigger fight on our hands.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not at all.

Liverpool only won the league because no one else turned up (Remember when that was said about another team who'd never won the Premier League before?...You won't hear it said about Liverpool though will you?)

Man City didn't start playing for almost half a season and still won it last season.

As I said in my last post take nothing away from our achievments, you could argue the 'smaller' teams (Us, West Ham, Wolves - take last season out the equation/Same could be said about Sheff Utd then they got relegated, Villa, e.t.c) got stronger, the gap got closer which I kind of agree with, but the 'top' teams have been upset by it and have only got stronger again but generally I feel the last 2 seasons (atleast) the league has been average.

However if we are being critical of ourselves and can make an argument for the league being average, we've managed to be in the top 4 for 2 whole seasons whilst putting our feet up come January in both seasons only to be caught in the final week of each season but I think that says more about the league rather than ourselves.

Without being 'entitled' the previous 2 season I expected to mount a serious challenge for top 4 because I felt the top teams were average, we were nearly successful both times but didn't quite manage it.

This season I don't feel we can mount a serious challenge for top 4, neither do I expect it, not because I think we're any poorer than we have been, not at all, we're arguably stronger - this is the first season we've managed to keep hold of everyone, but as i've said the 'top' teams have got stronger and I fear we've missed our chance to capitalise making top 4 unfortunately.

Tbf I usually criticise the PL but I think in recent years it's been fairly strong and the success in Europe has proved that. The CL final last season was all English as was the EL league final the season before (or before that, I can't remember now).

I think these last few seasons have been good for the PL. Just because us and West Ham have had good seasons, it doesn't mean the league is any less. We (and West Ham) have got stronger while Spurs and Arsenal have tailed off. The difference this season is that Chelsea and Man Utd have spent big to get big players but Man City will still challenge, if not win, the league. Similar to Liverpool, they are just so good and have a World Class manager. The one thing that lets Manchester United down is their manager, I wouldn't want Ole managing us.

As for Liverpool, they were just too good for everybody else when they won the league. They lost one game (is that right?) all season. They also won the Champions League with the same staff, manager and group of players. Remember, they come from 3 down to beat the mighty Barca.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the top teams have been inconsistent for a while and now they have got their act together!!!

Teams like West Ham, Everton and even the Villa have strengthened and make the league even tougher. Going by the underwhelming  performances of the historical big 6 I envisaged at the start of the last two season we would be looking at top 3 or 4, this season I have no idea where we will finish as everyone around us are adopting our way of recruitment and philosophy.

It will not take Arsenal any great deal of time to turn things around, it just needs the right man in the right space to do that. Should they go for Conte and Arsenal commit to him early, we will have a bigger fight on our hands.

No, they've just been shit. Why do the top teams have to be "inconsistent" or "not turned up"? If it's a smaller club then it's just because they are "shit". The same should apply to any club having a bad season, regardless of whether it's Arsenal or Palace.

Ironically people on here moan that we get disrespected and then posts like yours contribute to it. Double standards lol We've been bloody excellent, winning a domestic trophy too, and West Ham had a superb season last season also. Don't take anything away from that.

Man Utd/Arsenal haven't been "inconsistent" for a while, they've just been pathetic.

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

No, they've just been shit. Why do the top teams have to be "inconsistent" or "not turned up"? If it's a smaller club it's just that they are "shit". The same should apply to both size of clubs regardless. if they're having a shit season, then admit it. I don't care if it's Arsenal or Palace.

Ironically people on here moan that we get disrespected and then people like you contribute to it lol We've been bloody excellent, winning a domestic trophy too, and West Ham had a superb season last season also. Don't take anything away from that.

Man Utd/Arsenal haven't been "inconsistent" for a while, they've just been pathetic.

.....they have finished above us for the last few years, but we have beaten them, that to me makes them inconsistent!!!

I am not putting ourselves down you can only beat what is infront of you and you need to be performing at your best, that should the favourite falter, you are there to take advantage.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....they have finished above us for the last few years, but we have beaten them, that to me makes them inconsistent!!!

I am not putting ourselves down you can only beat what is infront of you and you need to be performing at your best, that should the favourite falter, you are there to take advantage.

A season is played over 38+ games, not one or two. That's why it got invented, to see who is better than who. We beat Man Utd once, or even twice a season, but that alone doesn't make us better than them. We have a league table, to show who is better than who, because 38 games does in fact show how consistent teams are.

Fulham and Newcastle beat us one a one off day but they aren't better than us. Over the course of a season we showed we are better than them.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2021 at 20:48, coolhandfox said:

Have you always used projection as a defense mechanism?

Explain why you've used the word "projection" in the context of defending myself. I'm not a mind reader, so an explanation would be useful.

If that's not forthcoming then this conversation is over for me. Ünder is the subject - not the will to conquer.

18 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Explain why you've used the word "projection" in the context of defending myself. I'm not a mind reader, so an explanation would be useful.

If that's not forthcoming then this conversation is over for me. Ünder is the subject - not the will to conquer.

Projection refers to unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don't like about yourself and attributing them to someone else.

Edited by coolhandfox

23 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Projection refers to unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don't like about yourself and attributing them to someone else.

The remit of its usage is far wider, subtle and nuanced than you appear to have picked up from whatever source you've encountered. Best investigate the term fully before you begin haphazardly employing it in order to score points.

I'll not be engaging with you again - on this or any other subject.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

The remit of its usage is far wider, subtle and nuanced than you appear to have picked up from whatever source you've encountered. Best investigate the term fully before you begin haphazardly employing it in order to score points.

I'll not be engaging with you again - on this or any other subject.

Working in mental health.......