Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Farrington fox

Under

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Bigger in what way ? So in world football atm Marseille are a bigger club then Leicester ? Never in a million years, who would daka choose over Marseille or Leicester? Marseille couldn’t afford him. 

You seem to confuse cash with club size.

They have the highest attendance in their league regularly. A 67,000 ground. Won their league 10 times, won the Europe Cup, been in another European cup final, been in three UEFA finals. Won the french cup 10 times.

We have more money and we are in a more appealing league with a bigger shop window. So are Burnley and Norwich.

That said, doesn’t mean Under isn’t just being a bitter bellend. No decent pro says stuff like that, because as his career nose dives further he’ll be begging A mediocre English team to sign him.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They have the highest attendance in their league regularly. A 67,000 ground. Won their league 10 times, won the Europe Cup, been in another European cup final, been in three UEFA finals. Won the french cup 10 times.

We have more money and we are in a more appealing league with a bigger shop window. So are Burnley and Norwich.

Well we can't compete with that. We've never won the French Cup. 

Rodgers out. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Would love to get them in the Europa League, massive club, great ground and history.

32 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So they're sort of like a French Celtic? :ph34r:

Edited by turtmcfly
intent pissing out
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FoxFan98 said:

This is a bit disrespectful?

....he had that look on his face in the photograph of him and Caglar and co outside, where he was staying, the night he signed!!!

He looked mortified, overweight and probably wondering what he had just done. He may be right that he should have had more game time, and the fact that he is relieved to out of his loan contract.

It was not a good experience for him and you can probably understand his answers to the questions posed. He is not a very tactful man, his comments do lack any kind of class.

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

So if Leicester and Marseille go in for a player, who would that player choose ? I’m comfortable saying we can attract better players then Marseille hence why we have binned under off and Marseille have got him now. Leicester can outspend Marseille and most players care about money not a nice sea front. 

Ask Wesley Fofana

• Like 1

Kind of sad actually. With an attitude like that its almost as if he's accepted the limitations of his abilities.

At least when it comes to the very top of the game.

I still loved watching what he could do with the ball and the goals that he scored. He certainly gave me an appreciation for what a left footed right winger could do for this club:). Just unfortunate that he didn't have the depth to his game that Rodgers is looking for. Don't think I've ever seen a right winger that Rodgers was completely satisfied with anywhere that he has managed. At least at this level of the game.

I wish him well and hope he gets his love of the game back.

He probably never said that but on the other hand...

he's hardly gonna say he'd rather be at leicester in the Premier league, playing with and against better players for a financially superior club but... he wasn't good enough so now he's going to give marseille a try.

5 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I can only imagine a lot of people commenting on Marseille have never been. The place is probably one of the worst places I’ve ever been. It’s rough, dangerous and generally just a bit run down. South of France is lovely, Marseille is not. Also Rome is the best of places, lovely for a holiday, but I couldn’t imagine living there! 

I like Marseille..so comforting  to have a Foot in the door,just in Case One needs to flee to the Foreign Legion.

A wonderful blend of European & African cultures.

For the fasade Tourist it can be rough, but an  exciting atmosphere Open & welcoming to explore vibrates through this city...

Edited by fuchsntf

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ask Wesley Fofana

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

You do realise most players don’t sign for clubs based on history or how many fans they can fit in their stadiums. Cash is the most important thing here. Also why are you saying Burnley and Norwich ? They probably don’t have more money then Marseille and aren’t able to attract better players. Give Leicester some credit, we’re a much bigger club then Norwich and Burnley in world football. Marseille won more then Man City, I’m pretty sure Man City are more well known through out the world. Not to offend you but you sound like a forest fan harping on about history. Daka or under didnt google Leicester city history when they were planning to sign. 

18 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

You do realise most players don’t sign for clubs based on history or how many fans they can fit in their stadiums. Cash is the most important thing here. Also why are you saying Burnley and Norwich ? They probably don’t have more money then Marseille and aren’t able to attract better players. Give Leicester some credit, we’re a much bigger club then Norwich and Burnley in world football. Marseille won more then Man City, I’m pretty sure Man City are more well known through out the world. Not to offend you but you sound like a forest fan harping on about history. Daka or under didnt google Leicester city history when they were planning to sign. 

Last time I checked the argument wasn't "what club is a player more likely to join". Wasn't it not long ago, Kante wanted to go to Marseille over Leicester. 

Burnley have more money than most clubs in Europe, just like we do. Not because we're massive clubs, but because the premier league has global appeal and we all somewhat ride off the coat tails of the big boys. 

We are two decisions away form being in a relegation battle, I'm afraid that is the size of club we are at the moment. We're aiming to cement out position by everything the club is doing, but we are a long way off it. 

To be fair to Cengo, he can be dogshit somewhere much warmer and more picturesque next season.

He had one lovely assist for Vardy v Arsenal, other than that he was like a headless chicken. So glad we avoided the obligation to buy.

• 2 weeks later...