Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Farrington fox

Under

Shame it definitely was not working out here, but BEST OF LUCK to him.

He seemed like a really nice lad, and (as far as I know) has said nothing ill about us. It was best to move on, but there should be no reason for any ill-will towards him  - nor any more empathy than towards any of our former players. #LCFCFamily

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gazi Giray said:

Penultimate passer on the first two Marseille goals, Cengiz Ünder scored the 3rd goal for OM, completing his very good performance against Saint-Étienne this Saturday evening (3-1)

Are the Turkish lads going to do this every game he plays? This is the equivalent of playing Rochdale every week. 

We’ve poorly replaced Mahrez over the years but please don’t keep coming on here trying to justify a player that is no longer ours.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, KFS said:

Are the Turkish lads going to do this every game he plays? This is the equivalent of playing Rochdale every week. 

We’ve poorly replaced Mahrez over the years but please don’t keep coming on here trying to justify a player that is no longer ours.

Definetely not. Some of them says he is shit and I am saying he is not. Leicester does not need Cengiz or any player as a big club 

Always thought Under would thrive in the Championship or as an off the bench Man City to turn a 4-0 into a 6-0 when playing a broken defence of relegation fodder like Norwich or Arsenal rather than someone who could unlock a decent defence.

So it doesnt surprise he's thriving in France. This post isnt meant to slate, its meant in the nicest possible way.

We've made some fantastic signings in recent years, it's made us who we are and where we are, we've also made some 'poor' signings which hadn't worked, albeit far less than the fantastic ones.

What strikes me most is the 'poor' ones are the ones we've rarely used or given chances only for them then leave us and be successful elsewhere.

Might it be that we rarely use them or give them chances that lead to the opinion they're 'poor'.

It may just be a new beginning at their new clubs, looking to impress, knuckling down and it is possible they just didn't fit here but it does make you think especially when we've failed to give certain players next to no gametime in the past and simply dismiss it as they're not good enough. I'm sure at times Under would have been a refreshing change and would have gave us something different rather than persisting with the same old.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Matt said:

We've made some fantastic signings in recent years, it's made us who we are and where we are, we've also made some 'poor' signings which hadn't worked, albeit far less than the fantastic ones.

What strikes me most is the 'poor' ones are the ones we've rarely used or given chances only for them then leave us and be successful elsewhere.

Might it be that we rarely use them or give them chances that lead to the opinion they're 'poor'.

It may just be a new beginning at their new clubs, looking to impress, knuckling down and it is possible they just didn't fit here but it does make you think especially when we've failed to give certain players next to no gametime in the past and simply dismiss it as they're not good enough. I'm sure at times Under would have been a refreshing change and would have gave us something different rather than persisting with the same old.

Suspect a lot is tied to the appearance fees, agreed transfer clauses or appearances to obligation to buy. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Players work at the right club, in the right team, with the right manager, at the right time. It only needs one of those to be wrong for them to be a ‘poor’ signing. And maybe they’ll go off somewhere else and all that will fall into place for them.

But if all those things are right it can turn a relatively ordinary player, or a player unwanted at another club into - well, into vital parts of a title-winning team, if you get really lucky. Who’d have thought Marc Albrighton, Danny Drinkwater, and Danny Simpson would turn out to be key parts of The Greatest Season Ever?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

I have nothing against Ünder, but if we have a thread for him shouldn’t we have one for every player we’ve ever had on loan?

Oh my god we're totally on the same wavelength mate.

I present to you beautiful thread number one

And beautiful thread number two

I'm chomping at the bit for a new one for Everton.

There's no reason not to resurrect these either

And finally

The misdirected anger and resentment is palpable. I love them all dearly. I want more.

36 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Oh my god we're totally on the same wavelength mate.

I present to you beautiful thread number one

And beautiful thread number two

I'm chomping at the bit for a new one for Everton.

There's no reason not to resurrect these either

And finally

The misdirected anger and resentment is palpable. I love them all dearly. I want more.

you care too much about any of this friend. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Watching him at Marseille he seems leaner and fitter maybe it's the manager Sampaoli looking after him compared to our Brendan who seems to not give a s*** with players who he seems don't fit in his system.

You a Leicester fan or an Under fan?

Maybe Under realised he need to sort he's shit out and be fitter, who cares.

He's gone........ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Watching him at Marseille he seems leaner and fitter maybe it's the manager Sampaoli looking after him compared to our Brendan who seems to not give a s*** with players who he seems don't fit in his system.

if he can't stay fit to play PL football then that's on him. i cant imagine brendan wanting him to eat kebabs everyday 

• Haha 1

On 29/08/2021 at 21:57, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Stubborn Brendan didn't give him a proper chance here and made him feel unwanted, that's probably effected playing performance here, life was already tough with covid travel rules the past year meaning players missing their families let alone they have to adjust coming to a new country with language barriers etc. Look at Cengiz Under now with a manager and team backing him, he's churning out the goals. Can see a number of players leaving Leicester because of Brendan's treatment of them.

The point about transitioning during this Covid period/era isn't lost on me.

Some remarkably shallow thinking and dismissive language is regularly used to assess players who've been transferred into this club and, for whatever reason, haven't turned into the new Vardy/Kante/Mahrez.

It appears that if you fail to set the turf alight within two games then you turn from the second coming of JC into a pile of dog dung.

It's not the players as much as the nature of a certain proportion of supporters - many only to willing to condemn someone because they've failed to impress immediately. I suspect its roots are in disappointing childhood Christmases :(.

I recall willing Ade Akinbyi to score in every match he played, whilst knowing that he probably wouldn't. But I'd never have thought of slagging him off or that he wasn't trying his hardest.

They say it's the hope that destroys you - but in football it's often the home fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1