Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The thing is, though, there's a difference between a random qualifier or international friendly midweek, mid season and then how the country responds to a truly major occasion like the last few weeks. 

You can find countless examples of Italy - Croatia or Serbia - Albania games where nationalistic fan trouble caused major incidents or the likes of Bulgaria throwing around racist abuse, Hungary's fascist black shirts showing themselves up, etc. 

Conversely, England go away all over Europe for qualifying all the time or host these non-event matches during the season without incident. 

But as soon as the summer roles round and we're all off to some foreign country for a special occasion its England willy pullers taking over some foreign square causing a scene, smashing shit up, harassing the locals and taking pride in being as disruptive as possible. And while the locals are happily bonding with the visiting Irish, Germans, Spaniards, Colombians or whoever - they're all getting called out by that cliché mob of Ingerlunders. 

And that's who rocked up to meet, greet and play host when it was finally England's turn to have the party round their gaff. Fans of almost every other country understand what it is to host, to invite people in to your back yard, make them feel welcome and want to put on a show. But the lasting reception you get here is hostility, intimidation and a big F U. Where else in the world have we seen that in our lifetime of major summer finals? 

And it wasn't like that in the rugby, it wasn't like that for the Olympics, we know Britain CAN do it. We know England CAN do it. It really is just the England national team in football that has this cult following of our absolute fvcking worst of British society. 

Euro 2012

World Cup 2014

Euro 2016 

World Cup 2018 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We are the only country you can smear and hate based on the people we are and our politics without being accused of racism/xenophobia

Seems to me that most of the smearing and hating of England is done by the English. 

• 1 year later...
On 08/07/2021 at 16:06, Raj said:

@shen has been a model poster throughout.

That isn't true. Recently he told me that qoute "you are really messed up" for no reason other than he didn't like my post. Its a shame some people aren't accounted for on FT!!!

40 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

That isn't true. Recently he told me that qoute "you are really messed up" for no reason other than he didn't like my post. Its a shame some people aren't accounted for on FT!!!

Bringing up a random thread from over 18 months ago to call someone out.

I must say this level of spite can only be admired.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

How long did it take for you to find this post lol

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

As Elsa  would say " Let it go..."

It's been too long!!!!

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Bringing up a random thread from over 18 months ago to call someone out.

I must say this level of spite can only be admired.

Defending the indefensible? Spite originates in its origins. My conscience is clear.

And yes!!!! Because all other qoutes get miraculously deleted as if by magic 🎩

Good to have friends high up. 

31 minutes ago, Raj said:

As Elsa  would say " Let it go..."

It's been too long!!!!

I agree...let it go would be great. I'd take Elsa and marry her and have lots of children in a winter wonderland. Except we don't live in fairly tales and this continously behaviour to me at least is persistent with regards to qoute removals.