Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeanInRome

Rome-Naples Return Day Trip

Hi Foxes,

This thread I’ll keep everyone updated with any new changes,ticket collection and Italian COVID regulations.

After last week’s post 30+ fans have shown an interest so it’ll be definitely going ahead! 

I’m always here should any of you have any questions and I just wanted to add some quick info.

Anyone who can actually get the 2/3 days off work Rome would be a better cheaper and more enjoyable few days.

This trip will be for only those with tickets to the away section.

Green pass or rapid COVID test(48hrs) will be required to enter the stadium.

We will stop on the way down for lunch and beer but do keep in mind it’s a 3hr bus ride.

At the moment under Italian COVID transport regulations masks are required and buses have a 70% capacity.

If there is a need to collect match tickets in Naples(highly unlikely) I will organize it all from here to cut out the stress.

The bus will pick up and drop off in the Vatican area and if you need any help with accommodation I’ll send you some suggestions.

All changes you’ll find here as they happen.

Edited by SeanInRome
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Me and the Mrs looking at going and just me attending the game. 

Great idea and I think others could consider this as a win win. Plenty to do in Rome and I’ll suggest a few ideas closer to the date. Food and wine tours,cooking classes,shopping,nice dinner or even head over to the afternoon/evening Spa which is fantastic with drinks and food included.

Keep an eye here for some of the other wives/girlfriends been left in Rome for the evening.

1 hour ago, SeanInRome said:

Hi Foxes,

This thread I’ll keep everyone updated with any new changes,ticket collection and Italian COVID regulations.

After last week’s post 30+ fans have shown an interest so it’ll be definitely going ahead! 

I’m always here should any of you have any questions and I just wanted to add some quick info.

Anyone who can actually get the 2/3 days off work Rome would be a better cheaper and more enjoyable few days.

This trip will be for only those with tickets to the away section.

Green pass or rapid COVID test(48hrs) will be required to enter the stadium.

We will stop on the way down for lunch and beer but do keep in mind it’s a 3hr bus ride.

At the moment under Italian COVID transport regulations masks are required and buses have a 70% capacity.

If there is a need to collect match tickets in Naples(highly unlikely) I will organize it all from here to cut out the stress.

The bus will pick up and drop off in the Vatican area and if you need any help with accommodation I’ll send you some suggestions.

All changes you’ll find here as they happen.

I could well be interested in this trip. Have just emailed you.

24 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

Great idea and I think others could consider this as a win win. Plenty to do in Rome and I’ll suggest a few ideas closer to the date. Food and wine tours,cooking classes,shopping,nice dinner or even head over to the afternoon/evening Spa which is fantastic with drinks and food included.

Keep an eye here for some of the other wives/girlfriends been left in Rome for the evening.

I can't believe you didn't go with WAGs!

• Like 1

Sean, appreciate what you're doing, all looks very good, can only find one hitch, if we have to collect match tickets from a predetermined venue in Naples then this will add considerable time onto the trip & seems this makes what normally would be an excellent alternative into a bit of a ballache.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Sean, appreciate what you're doing, all looks very good, can only find one hitch, if we have to collect match tickets from a predetermined venue in Naples then this will add considerable time onto the trip & seems this makes what normally would be an excellent alternative into a bit of a ballache.

This is true and we were on the phone last week with Napoli but they have no answers for me yet! This will all be organized on my side if there is a need to pick up tickets and if so punctuality will be a must. I’d recommend that all fans arriving to Rome gets no flights arriving later than 10.30/11am on game day. 

The police can be a bit arrogant and strict over here but the majority will want to avoid any incidents that can tarnish the club and city. We’ll organize the tickets to be ready in a bulk so we can all stop for a few minutes with the police and collect the tickets.

We could also try with photo ID’s of all those on the bus and I get 1 person from my company to collect them in bulk on the game day,obviously this is an idea and if it comes down to it we’ll ask later for permission off both clubs and you guys.

PS. Did you email me on the info mail?

Similar sentiments to those echoed above.. Would be very interested in this as long as we definitely don’t have to collect tickets from a Naples hotel.

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I am sure if the club are notified and discussions held in advance, then this can be sorted. As has been mentioned, collecting tickets at a central point is very risky in Naples and not something the club should be advised to do.

Since when did the ticket office at this club do anything sensible?

Great idea. 

A couple of years ago I flew to Naples, spent a couple of days there, then Drove to Rome for a few days before driving back.

Not a bad drive and gives a mix of things to see whilst away. Rome is brilliant but so is Naples in its own right albeit very different.

Would also recommend a trip to Pompeii whilst in Naples, only a fairly short drive but very surreal.

Edited by adejo92