Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Two people arrested for illegally streaming TV services in Oadby Leicestershire

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

There are still people wetting themselves about the BLACKOUT though. Inconveniencing so many fans on the off-chance that they might stay at home to watch Burnley v Watford on a stream. By the way, the blackout has never been lifted, even as an experiment, so we'll never know the true impact of this dinosaur-aged TV blockage.

It is mad that it's 2021 and UK fans cannot watch their team legally if they're not selected for coverage by BT or Sky. Some away games sell out in seconds, some away games people have no chance to go to, and all they want to do is watch their team play. Instead of offering them a stream or option they're shunted to the radio, IPTV providers or another dodge stream to watch these games. Same applies to home fans who just cannot get a ticket.

You force people to illegal IPTV, they're going to go to IPTV.

I agree. My brother @FerrisBueller can watch every Leicester game at home in Denmark, yet I can’t in Leicestershire. It’s mental.

• Like 1

Not only do UK fans get excluded from live matches on TV but also BBC Radio Leicester on the Internet. 

It only leaves LCFC.Com for poor quality commentary other than a dodgy foreign TV stream. 

Its as if they are deliberately trying to exclude us. 

23 hours ago, samlcfc said:

I lived in Australia for a while a few years back and stayed briefly with a friend who had some sort of Virgin/Sky type TV subscription. You can just select your preferred fixture from a list of the Prem games on that day. 

If a similar service existed in the UK, illegal streaming would drop significantly. If it became affordable, I think you could easily draw most of your potential market away from crappy unreliable illegal streams. 

I have this on Optus sport app, on my phone and smart tv stick.  It costs A$15 a month.  All games, live or repeat, highlights of 3/9/25 minutes.  I can confirm 3:30am kick off here in Perth means the highlights will come into play for tonight’s game!

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I agree. My brother @FerrisBueller can watch every Leicester game at home in Denmark, yet I can’t in Leicestershire. It’s mental.

Unfortunately I can’t this season, the bastards at viaplay (which I don’t have) seem to have bought all the rights, only get a few games a week this year. But yeah, last year was excellent.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I have this on Optus sport app, on my phone and smart tv stick.  It costs A$15 a month.  All games, live or repeat, highlights of 3/9/25 minutes.  I can confirm 3:30am kick off here in Perth means the highlights will come into play for tonight’s game!

Such a good service. Was working at an Italian restaurant at the time. Owner used to send me away early morning with a big ol' pizza and a few beers from the fridge for the game. 

21 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'd keep that under your hat

• 2 years later...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26851122/premier-league-illegal-streaming-piracy-shield-crackdown/

GAME OVER Premier League fans braced for crackdown on illegal streams with IPTV ‘piracy shield’ being used
One country has already taken down hundreds of streams with new tech
Anthony Chapman, Digital Sports Reporter
Published: 9:01, 22 Mar 2024Updated: 11:26, 22 Mar 2024

PREMIER LEAGUE fans are braced for a crackdown on illegal steams with an IPTV “piracy shield” potentially coming into play.

Inter Protocol Television (IPTV) technology allows supporters to access top-flight games for free via illegal streams.

Premier League fans are braced for an illegal stream crackdown using a 'piracy shield'
Premier League fans are braced for an illegal stream crackdown using a 'piracy shield'Credit: Reuters
Many use it as a way to bypass the 3pm blackout on a Saturday, while also avoiding the huge subscription fees demanded by the likes of Sky Sports and TNT Sport.

However, those that do are in breach of the Fraud Act 2006.

It could even result in jail time, with one man locked up for two-and-a-half years for selling illegal firesticks.

And authorities could be set to clamp down further by potentially implementing an IPTV “Piracy Shield.”

It is already live in Italy, with 114 illegal streaming sites and 528 IP addresses blocked so far since February.

It can reportedly target DNS (Domain Name System) and VPN (Virtual Private Network) services that normally go undetected.

And the shield is also able to remove illegal stream results from search engines.

Italian authorities are already hailing it as a huge win for national cybersecurity.

And it could yet be rolled out in the UK.

There are no official plans for the software to come into force just yet.

But one UK barrister has warned fans to be wary if streaming illegally.

Lynette Calder said: “For more serious and organised offending that went to the Crown Court, you are talking up to a maximum of 10 years in prison if the charge is under section 7, or five years for section 6 and 11.

“Why take the risk? If you can’t afford the streaming service for Premier League, then why not find yourself a pub that can.”

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26851122/premier-league-illegal-streaming-piracy-shield-crackdown/

GAME OVER Premier League fans braced for crackdown on illegal streams with IPTV ‘piracy shield’ being used

PREMIER LEAGUE fans are braced for a crackdown on illegal steams with an IPTV “piracy shield” potentially coming into play.

Inter Protocol Television (IPTV) technology allows supporters to access top-flight games for free via illegal streams.

Premier League fans are braced for an illegal stream crackdown using a 'piracy shield'
Premier League fans are braced for an illegal stream crackdown using a 'piracy shield'Credit: Reuters
Many use it as a way to bypass the 3pm blackout on a Saturday, while also avoiding the huge subscription fees demanded by the likes of Sky Sports and TNT Sport.

It could even result in jail time, with one man locked up for two-and-a-half years for selling illegal firesticks.

And authorities could be set to clamp down further by potentially implementing an IPTV “Piracy Shield.”

It is already live in Italy, with 114 illegal streaming sites and 528 IP addresses blocked so far since February.

It can reportedly target DNS (Domain Name System) and VPN (Virtual Private Network) services that normally go undetected.

And the shield is also able to remove illegal stream results from search engines.

Italian authorities are already hailing it as a huge win for national cybersecurity.

Lynette Calder said: “For more serious and organised offending that went to the Crown Court, you are talking up to a maximum of 10 years in prison if the charge is under section 7, or five years for section 6 and 11.

“Why take the risk? If you can’t afford the streaming service for Premier League, then why not find yourself a pub that can.”

Clickbait to make people worry, much like ‘man fined £200 for dodging train fare, we’re onto you!!’. They’ll never be able to stop it, nowhere near enough manpower in the country to do so 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Was going to say the same. Can't afford the £28 quid a month for sky sports, go and spend even more in a pub each week. Where's the logic? 

Or spend £28 a month to watch the 'big six' but not your team. 

• Like 3

Love the scaremongering lol

No,  they are not going to target the guy just trying to watch his team on a Saturday afternoon: they are going to target the guy who has set up a live stream of every prem game to make money from it.

even then, there will always be a way round it. They always find a way.

6 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Lynette know any pubs showing 3pm fixtures?

My regular pub used to but it got grassed up (by a regular customer who was not a foxes fan) and the landlord gave up his tenancy and left to avoid prosecution and potential evection by the brewery. Now it's fully brewery run. No dodgy streams anymore. And we have to suffer the limited choice of crisps and snacks dictated by the brewery. Grab bags of McCoy's at £1:60 a pop :nono: :ph34r:

Edited by Parafox

5 hours ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Was going to say the same. Can't afford the £28 quid a month for sky sports, go and spend even more in a pub each week. Where's the logic? 

Huh?  "£28 a month? go and spend even more in a pub each week".

Can you really spend more than £28 a week watching Sky Sports in a pub? What do you watch?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, davieG said:

Dickheads at the Scum can’t even explain properly what IPTV is. It’s Internet Protocol.

On 30/11/2021 at 14:51, Sampson said:

They beat illegal music and film piracy through cheap legal stream. It's obvious what they need to do to beat illegal football streaming. 

Most fans I think would happily pay quite a bit for the opportunity to legally stream all their team's games if they had the opportunity.

This post is over 2 years old and still not a whiff of being able to actually watch you're team on tv, in the country that team plays in, legally.

Makes zero sense.

13 hours ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

£5 a pint, game of football 5/6 pints, £25/30. 

And you never get there just for the game so you can add a couple on top of that. 

Unless you're a coke and ice kind of person then you're ok. 

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. £3.90 a pint in my local and I don't drink 5-6 pints. 2 max. I guess I was using myself as the benchmark.

• Like 1

I can't believe any pub would risk dodgy TV in today's age with social media and everyone having a recoding device in their pocket. It must have been a major case of ignorance from the landlord. Just asking for trouble! 

28 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. £3.90 a pint in my local and I don't drink 5-6 pints. 2 max. I guess I was using myself as the benchmark.

Where do you drink? Need to get on some of that 😂.

I can't go pub and watch the football and only have 2. Maybe I'm the odd one. 

Anyway, we detract, as others have said, saying go to the pub to watch the game, they are missing the point that those that have IPTV have access to every game, not only the ones chosen by the TV channels. So the argument is moot. If every game had the option to stream then I'd guess more pubs would show more games. Loads of pubs have multiple TVs and could show multiple games, this would increase revenue in pubs as more people would go in and drink to watch these. 

• Like 2