Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Two people arrested for illegally streaming TV services in Oadby Leicestershire

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Don't quite agree with this, if someone has written a song, they get paid royalties which come from everytime someone downloads or plays that song, considering records and cd's are not really mainstream any more, a musicians only source of income is from streamed music, it's not really on to just nick someones work without them getting paid is it.

I pay for Spotify because it suits me to have the world of music at my fingertips for a nominal fee each month. The same can't be said for other forms of media so when I feel I don't want to pay Disney 20 quid to watch black widow or sign up to an apple TV subscription because there is 1 film or TV show I like the look of I don't feel any guilt whatsoever with downloading a torrent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, samlcfc said:

I lived in Australia for a while a few years back and stayed briefly with a friend who had some sort of Virgin/Sky type TV subscription. You can just select your preferred fixture from a list of the Prem games on that day. 

If a similar service existed in the UK, illegal streaming would drop significantly. If it became affordable, I think you could easily draw most of your potential market away from crappy unreliable illegal streams. 

Sounds like IPTV!

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

To sell the games on TV cheap, would mean less money for the clubs in TV money and attendances. 

You have to differentiate between a fair price for the clubs and the rights holders and the price you'd like to pay. 

It wouldn't have to, it would just mean less money for Sky/BT - 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

As it stands, to protect the lower leagues and non-league teams, the rule is in place to encourage people to go to a match instead of going to the pub or sitting in the living room to watch a game at 3pm.

The Bob Lord (Burnley) effect dating back to the 1960's. Time to come to some agreement to scrap outdated rules like these, we're 60 years on now FFS.

2 hours ago, adam said:

How amazon have it this week is how it should be every week. There is no reason now why we can't see every game. Annoys the hell out of me how we can't see our 2pm Sunday games legally on the tele. Fans in this country get completely ripped off 

Not sure why but Brentford v Everton was at 2pm Sunday. No European commitments for either team, not on sky or bt so there was no legal way for either sets of fans who couldn’t attend the game to watch their teams. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Not sure why but Brentford v Everton was at 2pm Sunday. No European commitments for either team, not on sky or bt so there was no legal way for either sets of fans who couldn’t attend the game to watch their teams. 

That game was on Sky. They had three games moved for European football yet decided to move another one.

This midweek (and two more coming up) have outlined the issue @urban.spaceman highlighted about watching football in this country. Three separate packages if you can't attend. This isn't fair on the viewer and often isn't easy to keep up with.

About a year ago I got absolutely blasted on here for daring to suggest a nice round fiver was a reasonable price to pay for a legit, high quality stream of a game of your choice. Nobody seemed to be able to get their head round the fact that some of us don’t want to spend £80 a month on a load of Sky Sports wank, when all I want to watch is 19 Leicester away games, which I’d be happy to pay for on a ad hoc basis if the facility existed.

6 hours ago, RGFox said:

Was considering the optus tv package with a VPN - helpful if you have a contact in Oz (which I do) but never bothered in the end.

im happy to try and help. message me and we can try... i assume itll work via vpn. but no guarantees :)

Edit - A 1 month sub would cost you about ten pound... includes all City EPL games (well ALL EPL matches)

https://sport.optus.com.au/

Edit 2 sorry just realised you have contact so ignore the above :)

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Don't quite agree with this, if someone has written a song, they get paid royalties which come from everytime someone downloads or plays that song, considering records and cd's are not really mainstream any more, a musicians only source of income is from streamed music, it's not really on to just nick someones work without them getting paid is it.

Yeah, because that's really going to bankrupt the prem and all those poor underpaid players isn't it ?

10 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Amazon Prime was top quality again tonight.

I'd buy a seasons pass to watch all lcfc games on it if at all possible.  Needs to be the way forward.

Have they dispensed with that stupid ****ing theme music by Jain then?

10 hours ago, Saxondale said:

About a year ago I got absolutely blasted on here for daring to suggest a nice round fiver was a reasonable price to pay for a legit, high quality stream of a game of your choice. Nobody seemed to be able to get their head round the fact that some of us don’t want to spend £80 a month on a load of Sky Sports wank, when all I want to watch is 19 Leicester away games, which I’d be happy to pay for on a ad hoc basis if the facility existed.

There are still people wetting themselves about the BLACKOUT though. Inconveniencing so many fans on the off-chance that they might stay at home to watch Burnley v Watford on a stream. By the way, the blackout has never been lifted, even as an experiment, so we'll never know the true impact of this dinosaur-aged TV blockage.

It is mad that it's 2021 and UK fans cannot watch their team legally if they're not selected for coverage by BT or Sky. Some away games sell out in seconds, some away games people have no chance to go to, and all they want to do is watch their team play. Instead of offering them a stream or option they're shunted to the radio, IPTV providers or another dodge stream to watch these games. Same applies to home fans who just cannot get a ticket.

You force people to illegal IPTV, they're going to go to IPTV.

• Like 3

Not really newsworthy, is it? About the same level of criminality as someone having their shed broken into. 

This stinks of the law making an example of someone and getting the word out there via the media as a deterrent. 

They know they can't realistically police it, so this is the approach they take. Try to scare people off.

I presume this was just more than the couple watching illegal streaming?

I'm not technical  at all bit it sounds like they were streaming to other platforms?

Abit different to people just watching footy on a stream for the odd game?

I can only repeat what has already been said on here. If it was reasonably priced then I'd buy a season pass to be able to watch Leicester away games being streamed legally. I don't believe that it would have an influence on attendances either. The Bundesliga has had the highest average attendance of any other league in Europe over the past decade or so and that's with every game in the top two divisions being televised in Germany. 

• Like 1

What gets me is that games get moved for the tv, or europe, to midweek. We're playing tonight and its unavailable, so to follow our team, it's either a midweek trek down to southampton, as if, or search for some dodgy stream. Who is actually going to lose out if it was on lcfc website? no-one, who is going to make money? the club and the provider. The fans going would still go.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

What gets me is that games get moved for the tv, or europe, to midweek. We're playing tonight and its unavailable, so to follow our team, it's either a midweek trek down to southampton, as if, or search for some dodgy stream. Who is actually going to lose out if it was on lcfc website? no-one, who is going to make money? the club and the provider. The fans going would still go.

We're on Amazon tonight mate...

By looking hard enough, it's sometimes possible to see PL matches being broadcast free-to-air in certain European or Middle Eastern countries, albeit with a non-English commentary. As these satellite channels are free-to-air, it's hard to understand what law (if any) is being broken by watching them. However, you do need a decent satellite system, not just a Sky dish pointing only at Astra 28E.