Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

The Ashes 21/22

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not looking like a bad thing based on this

image.png.ca64701f5000b6da84d619b4af6a359e.png

Jesus, our record over there is truly horrendous. I imagine we’ve been just as shit at Melbourne over the years.

Real shame the Barmy Army won’t be out in full force this Ashes. We need all the help we can get.

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

No 5th test in Perth now confirmed. Looks like Melbourne will host it as a day/nighter instead. 

Quite a bit of noise about it potentially being moved to Hobart as well.

Day/night at the MCG suits us better methinks.

• Like 1

Stokes is a proper cricketing warrior but I really worry for him coming back into this brittle team in the hardest possible environment.

Fingers crossed he can just get through the series mentally and physically and still want to keep playing the sport, because if this goes badly for him at 30 years old it could very realistically be the end of him.

• Like 1

It's far more important to have Anderson for the day nighter at Adelaide. This may well be precautionary, as it starts 3 days after the first test ends.

I can see England possibly springing a surprise and going with Wood, Robinson and Woakes in this one, with no Broad or Anderson. Leach was possibly set to play, but the weather forecast doesn't particularly suit a spinner and they may go with the 4 faster bowlers and include Broad for that reason. Wood has a bit to prove. Can his body stand up to the rigours of hard pitches and little rest between tests.

Stokes simply can't be expected to bowl much at all.

27 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone willing to put a figure on how many runs Hameed, Burns, Malan, Lawrence and Crawley will get between them this series? (aware the last two aren't in the squad for the opening test)

Probably about 200 between them at best I'd imagine. We'll no doubt be overly reliant on Root and Stokes to dig us out the shit as always.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The 13/14 squad that got pumped 5-0 was pretty decent so even harder to be optimistic with this current lot. 

True but the Aussie squad back then was far better than this one.

Basically it's Root vs Smith. If Root continues in the same form he's been in this year then we've got a chance at sneaking a couple of wins I reckon.

51 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm usually the worlds most optimistic bloke, but when it comes to England touring Australia I turn into the most negative, pessimistic, twat there is.

Leicester city..Tigers,England fan in all sports, Soft sighs & Romance when @davieG does his Leicester-historical topics...

Izzy..fear Not, you are not alone...We are all twats, optimistic runs through our core, like names through Blackpool-rock...

But twats do have their uses....:frantics:

• Like 1