Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

49 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Booked the outbound flight to Aalborg on the Thursday morning.

Mulling over where to come home from. Copenhagen Saturday afternoon at £12 look promising. Plenty of cheap digs and Friday night to relive old memories!

How much is the one way flight to Aalborg?

15 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If there’s anyone on the Ryanair Stansted to Aarhus flight on the day of the game, we’ve booked a car hire to drive to Randers from the airport and will have a couple of spare seats if anyone wants to join (and maybe just chip in a little petrol money or something).

Would love to but there’s three of us. Flying back Saturday from Copenhagen 

22 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If there’s anyone on the Ryanair Stansted to Aarhus flight on the day of the game, we’ve booked a car hire to drive to Randers from the airport and will have a couple of spare seats if anyone wants to join (and maybe just chip in a little petrol money or something).

Just wondering if you mean Stansted (06:50) to Aalborg on Thu 24th Feb rather than to Aarhus? As I can't find a suitable flight from Stansted to Aarhus on the day of the game?

5 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Just wondering if you mean Stansted (06:50) to Aalborg on Thu 24th Feb rather than to Aarhus? As I can't find a suitable flight from Stansted to Aarhus on the day of the game?

No, it’s Stansted to Aarhus (FR712).

We arrive at 15:45 and it’s about a 40-minute drive so we’ll be collecting the hire car on arrival and hitting the road to Randers in order to be there on time for the 18:30 kick off!

28 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

No, it’s Stansted to Aarhus (FR712).

We arrive at 15:45 and it’s about a 40-minute drive so we’ll be collecting the hire car on arrival and hitting the road to Randers in order to be there on time for the 18:30 kick off!

OK thanks. Just thought that flight looked a bit tight for time, what with ticket collection and early evening KO.

8 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

OK thanks. Just thought that flight looked a bit tight for time, what with ticket collection and early evening KO.

We booked early for cheap flights before the kick-off time was announced but Ryanair usually give plenty of time for the journey (to hit a high % of flights on time rates) so we should be ok.

The thing it caused us to change was to avoid taking a train as originally planned and just collect a car at the airport and hit the road from there straight-away. Ticket collection can usually be done at the ground - the only place I’ve seen them say it can’t is Napoli but they were trying to force everyone onto buses anyway.

Will still be hoping for no delays though!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

We booked early for cheap flights before the kick-off time was announced but Ryanair usually give plenty of time for the journey (to hit a high % of flights on time rates) so we should be ok.

The thing it caused us to change was to avoid taking a train as originally planned and just collect a car at the airport and hit the road from there straight-away. Ticket collection can usually be done at the ground - the only place I’ve seen them say it can’t is Napoli but they were trying to force everyone onto buses anyway.

Will still be hoping for no delays though!

You'll need to be praying that you get through immigration quickly, and there's no queue at the car hire desk. Without knowing the ticket collection arrangements yet, it sounds tighter than a yorkshiremans wallet. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The TV fixtures for the weekend after have been set; if anyone fancies more football, Velje are at home on the Friday night - this is one of the towns on the road/train route to Copenhagen from Randers/Aarhus 

Might go that, we don't come back till the Saturday, staying in Aarhus  and looks like plenty of trains back after the game back to Aarhus from Vejle. 

10 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Might go that, we don't come back till the Saturday, staying in Aarhus  and looks like plenty of trains back after the game back to Aarhus from Vejle. 

Vejle is decent. Their stadium is located in a forest which is pretty cool. Used to go there a lot as a kid, but not been since the redevelopment.

Trains will leave way past midnight and the journey will only take you 40 minutes or so :) Vejle Station is creepy as fvck though. After midnight, they blast this strange Soviet-like marching music through the speakers. Fell asleep on the train from Aarhus to Horsens once and woke up in Vejle and this music completely freaked me out as I was waiting for a train back. 

EDIT: Just seen they're playing AGF. Probably be a decent following from Aarhus as well then. 

Edited by VinceNoir
  • Like 1

Contemplating not bothering for this one after all 

We’ve flights booked from Stansted 23rd Feb- Aarhus 

Returning 25th

Paid £50 return as booked very early on (these flights eventually went up to £347, but are back down to £149 now

If I wasn’t to go, potentially there would be 3 seats up for grabs, but each incurring a £115 name change. (Still cheaper than booking directly) 

I wouldn’t want any money for the actual flight- the £50 I was prepared to lose if I decided against going. I can’t speak for my 2 mates and whether they’d want any money though (if they both or one or other do decide not to go)

Just seems a shame to let them go to waste if we back out, so putting out the feelers on here 

• Like 2

On 04/01/2022 at 11:03, Cardiff_Fox said:

The TV fixtures for the weekend after have been set; if anyone fancies more football, Velje are at home on the Friday night - this is one of the towns on the road/train route to Copenhagen from Randers/Aarhus 

I'm weighing up the possibilities here and this maybe tip the scales. Cheers man.

56 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Returning 25th

Paid £50 return as booked very early on (these flights eventually went up to £347, but are back down to £149 now

If I wasn’t to go, potentially there would be 3 seats up for grabs, but each incurring a £115 name change. (Still cheaper than booking directly) 

I wouldn’t want any money for the actual flight- the £50 I was prepared to lose if I decided against going. I can’t speak for my 2 mates and whether they’d want any money though (if they both or one or other do decide not to go)

Just seems a shame to let them go to waste if we back out, so putting out the feelers on 

Ohh man, let me ask wife and see if I can arrange childcare, I'll dm you. 

8 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Returning 25th

Just seems a shame to let them go to waste if we back out, so putting out the feelers on here 

Massively interested in this, mate, if you decide not to go. I’ll dm you

10 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Returning 25th

Just to clear anything up- I’m talking about flights here, not match tickets

LCFC are well strict on not allowing name changes to match tickets etc

Even if they have spares left over at the end of the collection window in Randers- they won’t let you have one 

On 04/01/2022 at 20:07, Cardiff_Fox said:

Apparently a decent little town. Was hoping Brondby were at home on the Friday night but they are playing on the Monday 

Currently trying to move my flight to Saturday afternoon so might do this. Have you figured out how to get tickets?