Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollism

Randers FC (A) - 24th February

Aarhus to Randers is 25 mins by train and costs about 10 quid. Unless you arrive on match day and are in a rush, Aarhus is the place to be. Randers is a city that gets ridiculed by many Danes for its shitness and I’m not even exaggerating there ;) There are some decent little pubs in Aarhus too. Randers doesn’t offer the same at all

• Like 3

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Really wanting to go to this one but starting to doubt if tickets will even reach members.

Yeah I wanna go, I'm next one up from all STH and I think I'll struggle. Can see it being really popular. May have to hit the Randers FC forums and offer dirty money for one in the home end. Maybe just maybe the club will prioritize the group away game attendees but not holding my breath.

7 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Yeah I wanna go, I'm next one up from all STH and I think I'll struggle. Can see it being really popular. May have to hit the Randers FC forums and offer dirty money for one in the home end. Maybe just maybe the club will prioritize the group away game attendees but not holding my breath.

Think I'm going to wait until I know if I can get a ticket and then worry about flights and hotels.

There's absolutely no way a club like ours even considers priority or fan relations. 

Those who have made the difficult trips will be forgotten and it will be down to away point power again.

If it wasn't so near Christmas,  I wouldn't mind risking the money on flights etc but can't justify it currently.

Worse case, i'll wait until we get a team bigger than Coalville Town (no disrespect to Coalville Town) and try and get tickets for that game.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Think I'm going to wait until I know if I can get a ticket and then worry about flights and hotels.

There's absolutely no way a club like ours even considers priority or fan relations. 

Those who have made the difficult trips will be forgotten and it will be down to away point power again.

If it wasn't so near Christmas,  I wouldn't mind risking the money on flights etc but can't justify it currently.

Worse case, i'll wait until we get a team bigger than Coalville Town (no disrespect to Coalville Town) and try and get tickets for that game.

Probably wise (although I have booked).  I went to Warsaw and Naples and probably won't get a ticket for this. No recognition for the effort and cost of a European trip.

• Like 1

To be fair, if (and a big if) we get through, the next possible opponents are far more easiest to travel to and other than LASK, allocations much bigger. 

@VinceNoira bit of help on getting to CPH from Aarhus, I read three possible methods. 
- Train, approx £50, unless you get an advance ‘Orange ticket’ 

- Flixbus, 4hrs approx, £9, via road 

- then Kombardo Expressen, same price and time as flixbus but part of the journey is across water, do you get out of the bus on the ferry ? 

Decided to go via Copenhagen for this. Fly out from Stansted on the Tuesday to Copenhagen, then get the bus to Randers on the Wednesday. Back to Copenhagen on the Friday for the last night. 

The bus is about 4 hours but for £32 all in you can’t really complain. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you want any confidence that it’s not a total write off wanting a ticket, Ryanair’s planes carry about 200. You only have to do the math to work out that at very most we have 400 going to Aarhus. Can we see 400 coming via the other routes? 

Yeah I can personally 

Some like the challenge of getting there don’t they 😅

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you want any confidence that it’s not a total write off wanting a ticket, Ryanair’s planes carry about 200. You only have to do the math to work out that at very most we have 400 going to Aarhus. Can we see 400 coming via the other routes? 

Aalborg, Billund & Copenhagen have all been mentioned.

Aalborg will be just as popular as Aarhus I think, especially due to the flight cost difference. 

I get what your saying though, very much depends on number of tickets. If its in the 500 region I think it will sell out easily unlike if there are 800 odd.

You also have all of those who will buy a ticket incase they decide to go thus denying those that actually want to go the opportunity. 

29 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yeah I can personally 

Some like the challenge of getting there don’t they 😅

Warsaw was a direct flight, cheap and we took 800. I get the worry about their fans there but equally now is Christmas. 

As along as there is no charter trip, that immediately takes the top 200 to 250 flask army lot 

• Like 1

So I have booked a hotel in Aarhus. Randers was not really an option, expensive and a boring place (compared to Aarhus anyway).

Therefore I will arrive in Aalborg Thursday morning, get a train to Aarhus (travelling through Randers), check in, go to match from Aarhus, then back to Aarhus after the match. I have made life a little difficult but better than leaving it tight arriving in Aarhus 3 hours before KO. I then need to travel from Aarhus to Billund the next day.

Any Danish residents able to advise on best train ticket to buy? Is it all single journeys? Can I get a day pass (or similar) to make it easier? Plenty of time to research yet though.

48 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To be fair, if (and a big if) we get through, the next possible opponents are far more easiest to travel to and other than LASK, allocations much bigger. 

@VinceNoira bit of help on getting to CPH from Aarhus, I read three possible methods. 
- Train, approx £50, unless you get an advance ‘Orange ticket’ 

- Flixbus, 4hrs approx, £9, via road 

- then Kombardo Expressen, same price and time as flixbus but part of the journey is across water, do you get out of the bus on the ferry ? 

Do winners in this playoff round face the group winners in the next round? Sorry for what appears to an easily googleable question, but I can’t find the answer to it! 

• Like 1