Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

What round are we saying for when leclerc and Sainz make contact?

Yeah as much as I love both of them, if Ferrari stays competitive throughout its inevitable. Possibly Imola for a real disaster. 

7 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I like leclerc as a driver always rated him be interesting to see how he gets on I had a little dabble on him for pole today at an alright 11/4 after P1. Imagine the merc will catch up at some point and red bull strong but would be great if they could keep pace. 

Yeah race pace is a bit unknown generally at the minute. Although they made the point that the RB looked impressive in its long runs over testing. 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Would love an Alfa on top step, sexy car sexy brand

If anyone can do it for them it’s Bottas. Race winning pedigree, albeit in a rocket ship for the most part, but I think today proves the bloke knows how to send it. In to Q3 102 (or 3?) times on the spin, let’s see when that finally drops. Reckon it might be a while. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

If anyone can do it for them it’s Bottas. Race winning pedigree, albeit in a rocket ship for the most part, but I think today proves the bloke knows how to send it. In to Q3 102 (or 3?) times on the spin, let’s see when that finally drops. Reckon it might be a while. 

He's always been world class over one lap pace though, racecraft is ultimately why he never challenged really 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

He's always been world class over one lap pace though, racecraft is ultimately why he never challenged really 

He isn’t going to have to drive in to anybody under team orders this year though - we might get a glimpse of what he can do 

• Like 1

Hugely disappointing for Mercedes.  A big shock.

I think the biggest reason for that shock has been the assumption that, for at least the past year, that Mercedes had sacrificed development on last years car to focus on this years.  

Maybe that decision to focus on 2022 was driven out of concern rather than supreme confidence.  We'll see how the race goes but they have a potentially long road back.  

I just hope the Ferraris can challenge at the front in absence of the Mercedes because Red Bull look out on top at the moment.

10 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Hugely disappointing for Mercedes.  A big shock.

I think the biggest reason for that shock has been the assumption that, for at least the past year, that Mercedes had sacrificed development on last years car to focus on this years.  

Maybe that decision to focus on 2022 was driven out of concern rather than supreme confidence.  We'll see how the race goes but they have a potentially long road back.  

I just hope the Ferraris can challenge at the front in absence of the Mercedes because Red Bull look out on top at the moment.

It's pretty obvious that their powerplant has been overtaken, which is going to make it really hard for both them, and their customer teams, to catch up, possibly for a number of seasons :(  (And why does F1 and the footy always have to clash :P - I guess that the real downside of being in the ECL/EL and having to play on Thurs/Sun :(  )

Edited by PhillippaT

27 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

VAR type system in F1?

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/998895/1/fia-explains-how-f1-s-equivalent-var-will-work

Hopefully won't cause the same chaos and confusion as it has done in football.

Can't see what it will do. Any controversy is about how the rules are applied by the authorities, replays and technology won't help.