Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2022

3 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

Had high hopes for Ferrari, Mclaren et al would be at least competing or even ahead this season but I've got a horrible feeling its Merc vs Red Bull again :nigel:

Really bored of Mercedez domination and Red Bull apart from Checo seem to have a policy of only employing kn**heads.  Cant stand either of them can anyone give me hope another team might win it?

I think a battle is going to be quite rare anyway, usually when these changes happen someone nails it and everyone's catching up.

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think a battle is going to be quite rare anyway, usually when these changes happen someone nails it and everyone's catching up.

You mean Adrian Newey in this case. Aero is his playground

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Newey has had his blunders before though, only need to look at his McLaren that wouldn't work

That Red Bull looked solid on the final day of testing. Before the hybrid era his car dominated as well with Vettel winning 4 champs on the spin

Just watching practice and had to laugh. Giving the technical details of the merc porpoising, Damon Hill saying there's that bit of porpoising we were talking about.... as the car looks like its a ride at alton towers and hamiltons gripping on for grim death. 

Let's not forget that RB were almost half a second faster at qualifying here last season which I'd expect to be the case tomorrow based on practice form.  It's such a long season whoever has the quickest car will not keep that for long as the development of these cars will be extremely rapid and Ferrari/Mercedes/RB whoever have enormous resources to close any gap quickly.

Be interesting to see the top three teams all running different power units as that was the part which was the dominant component (no s**t) over the recent years.

19 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Let's not forget that RB were almost half a second faster at qualifying here last season which I'd expect to be the case tomorrow based on practice form.  It's such a long season whoever has the quickest car will not keep that for long as the development of these cars will be extremely rapid and Ferrari/Mercedes/RB whoever have enormous resources to close any gap quickly.

Be interesting to see the top three teams all running different power units as that was the part which was the dominant component (no s**t) over the recent years.

The budget cap means any team that's massively behind can't just buy their way to success. There'll be restraints which should make it interesting.

Having a few cleansing pints post Rennes and pre AM flight to Bahrain tomorrow for the race. Anyone who’s been before got any tips? Having been to Aarhus and Rennes in the past few weeks for our matches, I’m really looking forward to going to a city where there’s actually something to do. Reckon Ferrari will pinch a win here 

3 hours ago, Asha said:

Just a more dramatic form of sandbagging isn't it. 

So Hamilton can be on pole by 6 tenths tomorrow and say "UNDERDOGS NEVER QUIT" or some other exclamation of feigned surprise.

Although I am a big merc and sir lewis fan, your posts and absolute disdain for both is v v funny 

4 hours ago, Asha said:

Just a more dramatic form of sandbagging isn't it. 

So Hamilton can be on pole by 6 tenths tomorrow and say "UNDERDOGS NEVER QUIT" or some other exclamation of feigned surprise.

I just know that tomorrow we're going to hear "Thanks to everyone at the factory, love the fans here in Bahrain"

• Haha 2