Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

That's the old Robbie Savage "I was world class at times" quote though. Almost every Premier League footballer has individual games where they look like a world beater, I mean even Ahmed Musa had 1 or 2 of them for us. But I've heard our fans call him "world class" many times over the years and it's always just seemed silly, he's never been anywhere near consistent enough for that and never really been close to being one of the very best midfielders in the world or anything.

I've always found him an incredibly streaky player who I think he can be a quality player on his day, but will also go long stretches of games where he can't seem to make a decent pass. I would disagree about reliability as I think he's absolutely one of the most unreliable players in the squad, though one of the most talented. His lack of reliability has always been his big frustration with me, never feels like you know which Tielemans you'll get when the game starts. And he's had many, many poor games even when we've had a fully fit squad and in general had quite poor seasons in both 2019-20 and 2021-22 so I don't really get that opinion that he's great when the team is fully fit. Think it was the general majority opinion at the time that he was one of the weaker players in our XI after Perez in 2019-20 when we finished 5th and largely had a great first XI.

Disagree. 

I think you are mixing up the term reliable for poor. Tielemans has played 20 PL games this season alone, 32 last season, 38 the year before and 37 before that. People forget his class during the European campaigns and how good as a team we were then. 

We aren't a good team now and collectively we aren't playing as an elite PL team. My opinion is that tielemans has had a poor team offensively to play with, but worse, over the last two seasons he has had to do more defensively than he has moving the ball forward and sideways because our forward and wide players haven't been good enough. 

I agree that he's been God-awful in games, but I absolutely disagree that his reliability is being questioned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What a terrible piece of business for Arsenal, for bigger wages and similar transfer fee as Tielemans.

I think Ten Hag will come for Tielemans today.

with the news of Eriksen out for a few months it wouldnt surprise me if there is a late move. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just said on Sky that Man Utd were "offered" a couple of midfielders, as Eriksen is injured, and Tielemans was one of them.

Going to be agents. I don't think we'd sell this late in the window.