Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Burnley hung on to Tarks for exactly the same reason last year. Staying up is worth a lot more than a low ball offer. Now remind me what happened to Burnley again? 

Ahhh I know the answer to this one … they sacked their gaffer, who then joined Everton sometime after and got them relegated too (hopefully).

4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

With the predicament we’re in, I’d rather we just kept Youri for the rest of the season tk keep us in the division and let him go for free in the summer than letting him go for £10m now. 

Honestly I am not sure he gets a better offer than signing a new contract with us.  It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

• Like 2

In theory, us keeping Youri if we get an offer of £10m, I think we’d consider it, if we could sort a replacement player on loan. 

150 days until June 30th. So Youri would in effect, we costing us £66,666 per day, if we don’t shift him. Could that with the wages of £140k per week, you’re looking at a player that would be costing us £86,000 per day. Plus we won’t need to pay his annual loyalty bonus etc

Now you shift him off the wage bill, it eases FFP, we get a bit of money for next seasons rebuild. 

I don’t want it to happen and I’d rather him sign a new deal. However if he won’t, we should sell him now if we can sign a replacement player on loan. It’s brutal but it’s the reality of where we’re at. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sly said:

In theory, us keeping Youri if we get an offer of £10m, I think we’d consider it, if we could sort a replacement player on loan. 

150 days until June 30th. So Youri would in effect, we costing us £66,666 per day, if we don’t shift him. Could that with the wages of £140k per week, you’re looking at a player that would be costing us £86,000 per day. Plus we won’t need to pay his annual loyalty bonus etc

Now you shift him off the wage bill, it eases FFP, we get a bit of money for next seasons rebuild. 

I don’t want it to happen and I’d rather him sign a new deal. However if he won’t, we should sell him now if we can sign a replacement player on loan. It’s brutal but it’s the reality of where we’re at. 

But this is LCFC would you trust them to get it done in so many hours ? Keep . 

12 hours ago, LFox99 said:

31 year old with a defib in his chest and just freshly out with a long term injury
v
25 year old who basically never gets injured

I wasn’t aware that his injury is definitively long term? That could swing it - The age and defib are irrelevant tho. Would Youri currently walk into the Man U team if a fit Eriksen was available? No. 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

If Arsenal get Jorginho, I'd very surprised if he joins them in the next 12 months 

What a terrible piece of business for Arsenal, for bigger wages and similar transfer fee as Tielemans.

I think Ten Hag will come for Tielemans today.

On 30/01/2023 at 07:01, Ric Flair said:

Someone is going to bid for him before the end of tomorrow IMO. 

This isn't an exact science but I think he wants to remain in this country, hence why there's been no pre contract agreed yet that he already could have done with a European club.

We're in for a central midfielder from what I gather so this could be very interesting. Newcastle would be keen but he won't want to go there, I reckon we let him go though should a £10-15m bid come in which is peanuts for Arsenal, Man Utd etc.

It would be stupid to sell our only no.8 (and world class) player just when we are looking to be bringing in creative players.

7 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It would be stupid to sell our only no.8 (and world class) player just when we are looking to be bringing in creative players.

We can debate how consistent Tielemans is, as I doubt anyone disagrees he's a great player on his day, though for me his day comes far too infrequently, but surely we can all agree that Tielemans is absolutely nowhere near nor ever has been world class? Can't believe people still trot this out, he's categorically nowhere near the level of genuine world class midfielders like De Bruyne or Kimmich and I'm not even convinced the latter is truly world class either.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

We can debate how consistent Tielemans is, as I doubt anyone disagrees he's a great player on his day, though for me his day comes far too infrequently, but surely we can all agree that Tielemans is absolutely nowhere near nor ever has been world class? Can't believe people still trot this out, he's categorically nowhere near the level of players like De Bruyne or Kimmich and I'm not even convinced the latter is truly world class either.

Agree amd disagree but I couldve been clearer I guess, but I blame deadline day for that and being preoccupied! 

Yes he absolutely is inconsistent for parts of the season. 

But, he's always plugging away and is one of our most reliable players out of our entire squad and plays a lot of games per season even at times when he could be rested. I've found it unusual that Rodgers seems to run him into the ground. That said, he is a football player.

During all those games and when we've had a fully fit squad with the talent those players bring he does have world class games. 

14 hours ago, LFox99 said:

31 year old with a defib in his chest and just freshly out with a long term injury
v
25 year old who basically never gets injured

Youri runs like he has a defib in his chest and is constantly injured...

Erikson runs like a 25 year old who never gets injured...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Agree amd disagree but I couldve been clearer I guess, but I blame deadline day for that and being preoccupied! 

Yes he absolutely is inconsistent for parts of the season. 

But, he's always plugging away and is one of our most reliable players out of our entire squad and plays a lot of games per season even at times when he could be rested. I've found it unusual that Rodgers seems to run him into the ground. That said, he is a football player.

During all those games and when we've had a fully fit squad with the talent those players bring he does have world class games. 

That's the old Robbie Savage "I was world class at times" quote though. Almost every Premier League footballer has individual games where they look like a world beater, I mean even Ahmed Musa had 1 or 2 of them for us. But I've heard our fans call him "world class" many times over the years and it's always just seemed silly, he's never been anywhere near consistent enough for that and never really been close to being one of the very best midfielders in the world or anything.

I've always found him an incredibly streaky player who I think he can be a quality player on his day, but will also go long stretches of games where he can't seem to make a decent pass. I would disagree about reliability as I think he's absolutely one of the most unreliable players in the squad, though one of the most talented. His lack of reliability has always been his big frustration with me, never feels like you know which Tielemans you'll get when the game starts. And he's had many, many poor games even when we've had a fully fit squad and in general had quite poor seasons in both 2019-20 and 2021-22 so I don't really get that opinion that he's great when the team is fully fit. Think it was the general majority opinion at the time that he was one of the weaker players in our XI after Perez in 2019-20 when we finished 5th and largely had a great first XI.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He is absolutely not world class. If he was he would have been sold several seasons ago. 

He would probably look closer to World Class in Italy where the game is slower, maybe even Spain too but in the Premier League he doesn't have the legs or the consistency. 

• Like 2