Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I cant stand it when people come up with hyperthetical ideas from absolutely nothing. You have no idea what conversations are had in trainiing or the influence he has in the changing room. Hes under contract at LCFC so he has the right to claim the title as captain, this boy won you a trophy dont forget.

When you have a sinking ship, picking a leader who want to be the first one of and safe, isn't a good idea.

Also aren't you hypothetical guessing what I do and do not know? You have no idea what I do know or don't. 

1 hour ago, Death by Football said:

I find it hard to get too annoyed with players running down their contracts.  We gave them a contract for a period of time and as long as they don't down tools then they're honouring the contract they agreed which appears to be the case with Youri.  Soyuncu may be different if he's not working hard enough in training etc.

I agree with all the previous posters that we should not be giving the captain's armband to a player that has made it clear his future is elsewhere.  The captain should be a player that epitomises the give everything for Leicester, team ethic, and a player who is counting down to his next move is not that character.

It doesn't annoy me it's just that if we want to operate this "sell a player and reinvest" model, we can't afford to have a players value dwindle to nothing or you have nothing to replace them with.

I don't think any player with an eye on moving ever gives a true 100% effort. There's a big difference between not downing tools and giving 100% as you can see with out performances. I also think it spreads amongst a team.

17 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

It doesn't annoy me it's just that if we want to operate this "sell a player and reinvest" model, we can't afford to have a players value dwindle to nothing or you have nothing to replace them with.

I don't think any player with an eye on moving ever gives a true 100% effort. There's a big difference between not downing tools and giving 100% as you can see with out performances. I also think it spreads amongst a team.

Can't disagree with that but it's hard to force players to always have 2 years left on their contract so we can maximise our sales price when we decide they can leave.  That's basically the flaw in our model.

I also think we're hampered by having so many players in this position who all have one eye on the door.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

But he doesn’t want out….,

people think because he hasn’t signed a contract he wants out. This isn’t a Fofana situation where a player wants out so pushes for a move.

he is merely waiting until the end of the season as is his right, before choosing what is best for him and his family. 

he could end up staying particularly if we somehow make Europe. But because he hasn’t signed a contract people assume he is unhappy and 100% wants to leave. 

So the scenario you just described is like this. 

You have a girlfriend who is not unhappy, but if a better-looking guy turns up at the end of the night, she will go home with him. 

If she doesn't get a better offer, she is happy to come home with you.

Still like the idea?

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

But he doesn’t want out….,

people think because he hasn’t signed a contract he wants out. This isn’t a Fofana situation where a player wants out so pushes for a move.

he is merely waiting until the end of the season as is his right, before choosing what is best for him and his family. 

he could end up staying particularly if we somehow make Europe. But because he hasn’t signed a contract people assume he is unhappy and 100% wants to leave. 

:crylaugh:

Just now, coolhandfox said:

You have a girlfriend who is not unhappy, but if a better-looking guy turns up at the end of the night, she will go home with him. 

Still like the idea?

By all accounts he loves it at Leicester, his family are settled, it’s not as clear cut as you and others believe.

Of course he wants to win trophies and compete, something we have been doing until last season. If we get into Europe (as unlikely as that is) I think he will stay. 

I actually think his attitude is a mature one. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

By all accounts he loves it at Leicester, his family are settled, it’s not as clear cut as you and others believe.

Of course he wants to win trophies and compete, something we have been doing until last season. If we get into Europe (as unlikely as that is) I think he will stay. 

I actually think his attitude is a mature one. 

so what you’re saying, is that if we get relegated and he gets 2 trips to wales he will stay ? :scarf:

43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still like the idea?

This exactly what I was going to post, I mentioned in another post there's a massive difference between a player giving 100% for the club and a player who hasn't downed tools put is openly looking at alternatives.

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

This exactly what I was going to post, I mentioned in another post there's a massive difference between a player giving 100% for the club and a player who hasn't downed tools put is openly looking at alternatives.

I think it comes down to our own opinions and perspectives. I don’t see youri as downing tools, that’s as a season ticket holder and someone that goes to a dozen or so away games. 

out of form yes (who isn’t), downing tools, no… in my opinion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

I think it comes down to our own opinions and perspectives. I don’t see youri as downing tools, that’s as a season ticket holder and someone that goes to a dozen or so away games. 

I agree with this. I think last year, youri was simply exhausted. Most managers would have given him 2/3 weeks off to get back to his best but brendan just continued to play him… even in cup matches, sometimes when he wasn’t needed.

Brendan trotted out a line about how he is better when he is always playing because it keeps him in rythem… but everyone could see he was knackered and couldn’t recover. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I agree with this. I think last year, youri was simply exhausted. Most managers would have given him 2/3 weeks off to get back to his best but brendan just continued to play him… even in cup matches, sometimes when he wasn’t needed.

Brendan trotted out a line about how he is better when he is always playing because it keeps him in rythem… but everyone could see he was knackered and couldn’t recover. 

Agree. I also think players that disassociate with the club stand out. Youri always makes a beeline for the fans both home and away, I genuinely believe if we somehow turn the season around, or sees we want to challenge next season, I think he will stay.

realistically though we are doggo at the minute

2 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Agree. I also think players that disassociate with the club stand out. Youri always makes a beeline for the fans both home and away, I genuinely believe if we somehow turn the season around, or sees we want to challenge next season, I think he will stay.

realistically though we are doggo at the minute

i want to believe that, but youri doesn’t just want europa… he wants to play in the champions league. If he doesn’t get a big prem team, he’s more likely to go to a benfica or a marseille imo 

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m a fan of YT (who wouldn’t be after what he’s done here), but maybe we could buy a replacement who actually tackles. You can have good vision and also commit to challenges!

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Whilst we will be losing a quality player I am alarmed at the drop in performance from a physical perspective from Tielemans over the past 18 months. I actually think if we can replace him with a player whos got a bit more running power we'll actually be better off. 

Tielemans isn't fit, strong or fast enough for a top team and even if one takes a gamble on him on a free he'll be sent out on loan within 6 months. Realistically with the draw backs he has we are as good as he'll ever get in terms of being a starting regular. 

Sorry but I really disagree with these takes. It is simple to to find or replace physical players who graft hard, they are ten a penny. Players especially central midfielders with the quality of Youri on the other hand do not come around often and certainly not to Leicester.

PL is full of workhorses as graft is a basic requirement to make it but what makes you succeed is the quality players sprinkled amongst them. Hard work can only get you so far, look at KDH, he always puts in a shift but in terms of ability he can't handle a candle to a Youri giving about 80%.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Yeah, of course but I’m not saying Youri has downed tools. I’m trying to say there is a big difference between someone giving 100% and being committed to the club, and someone giving 100% with an eye on playing elsewhere. It’s fine margins, but fine margins make all the difference at this level.

• Like 2

Youri is currently (most games) playing out of his skin, mainly because he’s putting himself in the window for the summer.

I think the lad wants a bumper pay deal, I think he is an incredible player but clearly has motivational problems, if he’s not motivated, he’s garbage. 

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Still like the idea?

So does she prefer blondes or dark or bald muscles or Dad bod short or tall what a conundrum ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

So does she prefer blondes or dark or bald muscles or Dad bod short or tall what a conundrum ? 

I think using the original analogy she's more interested in the size of a guys wallet and how much he can help her move up the hierarchy 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sorry but I really disagree with these takes. It is simple to to find or replace physical players who graft hard, they are ten a penny. Players especially central midfielders with the quality of Youri on the other hand do not come around often and certainly not to Leicester.

PL is full of workhorses as graft is a basic requirement to make it but what makes you succeed is the quality players sprinkled amongst them. Hard work can only get you so far, look at KDH, he always puts in a shift but in terms of ability he can't handle a candle to a Youri giving about 80%.

Quality from Youri has been very short in supply for at least 18 months. The once in a blue moon wonder goal and once in a match great pass gets the easily pleased fan swooning. It shows how desperate we are. There's a reason nobody wants him unless he's on a free and even then, if it's a decent club he'll have to drastically up his overall contribution or he'll merely rot on the bench. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect YT is a lot more measured and mature in his decision making processes than the majority of us on here. 

Youri’s decision making is absolutely right for him. It’s an excellent process for him. Perfectly right. For us though, Leicester, we are losing an asset for 0 and, as is the case with many in life (once the notice has been handed) the motivation starts to waiver as the clock ticks. That’s natural. 

The latter has to annoy any fan of this club - that annoyance should have nothing to do with Youri and his choice. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turkish14 said:

He hasn’t downed tools because it’s is his best interest to play well to attract an attractive offer or any offer by a club he wants to go to.

If bids were being rejected and he didn’t have just months left on his contract we might have had a different outcome.

He’ll look a better player, playing with better players, as they’ll generate more space for him with movement on and off the ball. 

This is why things like passing stats aren’t always the be all and end all of a player. 

At the moment, with Maddison out, you stop Tielemans, you stifle us. Our off the ball movement is so predictable, that Youri is trying passes to generate chances and losses the ball. People moan, he takes stick etc. If he’s playing at Newcastle or even a Manchester City etc, he’ll look a better player and his stats will improve.