Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Like Drinkwater and Maguire etc.... Youri isnt as good as  (EDIT Perhaps he is being told he is by his agent) as he thinks he is.

These players see Leicester as small, when in truth we are just a couple of steps from "big"... what they fail to realise is they may not be any bigger, the reason they are looking great for us..is because we are their level.

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I've heard that Youri and Maddison are making outlandish requests for wages 

I dont think we are too far off both their levels / ceiling. On their day, both are very good players. But they both have flaws which I think stop them from the very big teams.

Maddison clearly has medical problems, prob from being kicked so bloody much in his career. 

Tielemans on his day is very good. But also has games where he is shocking. Also he is so slow. 

Therefore I don't think they will get the huge wages they seek. We could prob keep both if we wanted to up the remunition. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect YT is a lot more measured and mature in his decision making processes than the majority of us on here. 

This!

Some fans can be too quick to find issues or assumptions in a players behaviours and choices. 

A mate of mine who supports Arsenal said he wouldn’t have Tielemans (or Madders) because they don’t work hard enough off the ball.

Never thought about that, but would like to see the stats before he started winding his contract down. It’s probably consistent with his lack of physicality, mentality and pace though.

I’m not sure there is going to be that many too clubs in for him. The fact he will be free is a reason they will want him but I can’t see him starting at any of the top clubs. He will be a squad player. 

he’s not athletic enough for the top clubs and far too inconsistent. He’s a starter and one of our best players at a club our level but not the top 6.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

A mate of mine who supports Arsenal said he wouldn’t have Tielemans (or Madders) because they don’t work hard enough off the ball.

Never thought about that, but would like to see the stats before he started winding his contract down. It’s probably consistent with his lack of physicality, mentality and pace though.

Precisely. Maddison has improved in that area to be fair but not Tielemans.

I'm pained to wish that one of them will re-sign though because of the talent when they are on song, but we aren't utilising Tielemans imo to get the best out of him and giving him space to work the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard123 said:

I dont think we are too far off both their levels / ceiling. On their day, both are very good players. But they both have flaws which I think stop them from the very big teams.

Maddison clearly has medical problems, prob from being kicked so bloody much in his career. 

Tielemans on his day is very good. But also has games where he is shocking. Also he is so slow. 

Therefore I don't think they will get the huge wages they seek. We could prob keep both if we wanted to up the remunition. 

...it could be a way to prise themselves out of the club!!!

They may also see being here as a great opportunity to influence a club and be involved in the direction the team is going in. 

With Rodgers still in place , Maddison would be quite happy with the situation, he credits Rodgers with the improvement in his performances. Youri gets total support from Rodgers in all that he does,  so too very influential players looking to cement their careers at a club and in an environment that they both feel comfortable in.

As a pair ,they are similar but opposite in many ways. Both are very intelligent and highly skilled that is acknowledged everywhere. Maddison is a serious goal threat almost striker standard. Youri is a better defender who often tackles hard. Youri's big advantage is his build which makes him near bombproof. His availability stats are superb. However his powerful body does slow him down. Maddison's boney frame means he gets niggly injuries often especially as these days he puts himself about a lot more. In truth though to replace their influence without a time lag and learning curve we are going to have to spend north of £100 million.

57 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Compared to their general market value. Hence them staying in Jan I suspect. This Maddison injury is clearly bollocks

Really? You think Maddison has been fit the whole time and it’s all been a ruse? Whose purpose does that serve?

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Total fùck up by our club. We need to learn from this and sell players when 2 years on left on contract if they don't re-sign.

Doesn't matter who they are no one is bigger than the club and we can always reinvest the money.

Keeping these players on has destroyed all respect and authority the club has with players winding down their contacts with half an eye on which club they're joining next and not being 100% commited to LCFC.

No wonder we can't perform to our peak, half the squad are thinking of leaving. This is all board mismanagement. 

We're going to potentially let over £100m worth of talent walk out of the door with the next year.  If that happens heads should roll at board level.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Yes.

Regarding the second question, I'm not sure that's actually a sentence.

It was a typo, since corrected.

Do you have any actual evidence that Maddison’s injury was fake? Or is it just something you know to be ‘clearly’ true but don’t have any basis for it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As a pair ,they are similar but opposite in many ways. Both are very intelligent and highly skilled that is acknowledged everywhere. Maddison is a serious goal threat almost striker standard. Youri is a better defender who often tackles hard. Youri's big advantage is his build which makes him near bombproof. His availability stats are superb. However his powerful body does slow him down. Maddison's boney frame means he gets niggly injuries often especially as these days he puts himself about a lot more. In truth though to replace their influence without a time lag and learning curve we are going to have to spend north of £100 million.

...Maddison's problem was his follow through at corners, the way he contorted his body after the impact of the ball!!!

It looks like he has now taken that element out of his game and it would have been something he had done throughout his career. 

He used to jump out of tackles but now he is more committed, so he has become more robust.

Cynically, perhaps falling over so often and having to get back on his feet, hasn’t helped with the problems with his body.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect YT is a lot more measured and mature in his decision making processes than the majority of us on here. 

I think you're right, he made his decision to leave a long long time ago and his largely lack lustre performances have mirrored that decision.

Perhaps if at the start, Rodgers had benched him, realising that he would be a less desirable proposition to a half decent club being a mere bench warmer at Leicester, it might have given him the encouragement he needed to up his game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It was a typo, since corrected.

Do you have any actual evidence that Maddison’s injury was fake? Or is it just something you know to be ‘clearly’ true but don’t have any basis for it?

What do you think? It's a forum of opinions 

45 minutes ago, ronnup said:

What do you think? It's a forum of opinions 

I think Maddison is our best player and we’re a much weaker team when he doesn’t play. Since the World Cup he’s been missing and we’ve been sucked back into the relegation scrap. I can’t think of a single reason why the club would not play our best player in vital games and lie about it to the fans. I’m also not remotely convinced that Maddison would fake an injury either.

Yes, it’s a forum of opinions but if somebody suggests with strong conviction that the club is lying about the absence of its best player I’d usually expect them to at least explain their thinking. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think Maddison is our best player and we’re a much weaker team when he doesn’t play. Since the World Cup he’s been missing and we’ve been sucked back into the relegation scrap. I can’t think of a single reason why the club would not play our best player in vital games and lie about it to the fans. I’m also not remotely convinced that Maddison would fake an injury either.

Yes, it’s a forum of opinions but if somebody suggests with strong conviction that the club is lying about the absence of its best player I’d usually expect them to at least explain their thinking. 

Youve had a mare here. When did i say it was the club? 

Maddison would absolutely fake an injury if he thought he was looking at a move and 200 bags a week. Nothing to do with the club

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Youve had a mare here. When did i say it was the club? 

Maddison would absolutely fake an injury if he thought he was looking at a move and 200 bags a week. Nothing to do with the club

So why has he suddenly made himself available today?