Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

46 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Will need to drop one of Mendy, Tielemans or KDH for Tete anyway. Could be that we don’t replace him, a big risk losing a player of his quality from the starting 11. 

This kid must know how to defend then otherwise with him, Barnes and Daka , we will soon be in trouble.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Someone is going to bid for him before the end of tomorrow IMO. 

This isn't an exact science but I think he wants to remain in this country, hence why there's been no pre contract agreed yet that he already could have done with a European club.

We're in for a central midfielder from what I gather so this could be very interesting. Newcastle would be keen but he won't want to go there, I reckon we let him go though should a £10-15m bid come in which is peanuts for Arsenal, Man Utd etc.

I agree. But I don't think we will sell him, because it's too risky. Outside of Maddison, he's been our next best player. Which isn't really saying that much, but alas is true.

But there is always the domino effect and if someone else was available it could happen. I hate to say it but I could see a situation where Loftus-Cheek ends up here on loan and Youri goes to Man United! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree. But I don't think we will sell him, because it's too risky. Outside of Maddison, he's been our next best player. Which isn't really saying that much, but alas is true.

But there is always the domino effect and if someone else was available it could happen. I hate to say it but I could see a situation where Loftus-Cheek ends up here on loan and Youri goes to Man United! 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

No one is going to pay enough to make it worth it.

When you consider that staying in the league is worth tens of millions, we are at a point where its not worth selling him. 

I'm fairly confident Perez, Praet and Soyuncu are the only ones that might leave. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only way he leaves this window is if we've got a genuine quality replacement lined up. Granted we're unlikely to get someone with the same quality as Tielemans but we'd have to be guaranteed to have a player ready to walk straight into the team. With question marks over Maddison's fitness/injury problems, our midfield would be wretched without Tielemans. I also think we need a new cdm, possibly in the summer and might be time to sell Ndidi. I love him but he's regressed so badly, maybe in part down to him not being able to play the way Rodgers wants him to. 

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

God help us 🥺🥺🥺🥺

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Someone is going to bid for him before the end of tomorrow IMO. 

This isn't an exact science but I think he wants to remain in this country, hence why there's been no pre contract agreed yet that he already could have done with a European club.

We're in for a central midfielder from what I gather so this could be very interesting. Newcastle would be keen but he won't want to go there, I reckon we let him go though should a £10-15m bid come in which is peanuts for Arsenal, Man Utd etc.

I've read a lot from both our fans and on the gunners forums and both have questioned his pressing if he went there (I guess Liverpool as well).

Man utd sounds possible especially the way they play and Fernández is playing a lot deeper than he was when he started their and Tielemans  could work well in that CM area for them.

I think it's his family that he's always been protective of especially their stability and hence location.

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When you consider that staying in the league is worth tens of millions, we are at a point where its not worth selling him. 

I'm fairly confident Perez, Praet and Soyuncu are the only ones that might leave. 

I agree.

The point of thinking about getting a return on him is long gone.

32 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think he signs with us again.

It's the hope that kills you.

We would have to convince him the last 18 months have been a blip and that we are going to be challenging for Europe and Trophies again and hope no one decent comes in for him.

If we can't convince him to sign a new contract after finishing 5th and winning the FA cup, I'm not confident we can now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Seeing articles saying Arsenal and Man Utd are still considering late-window bids. Sorry, it's too late in the window now. We'd never find a replacement in time, especially given the glacier-like speed that Rudkin works at.

That's it, if the bid was good enough I think we accept it but not without having a replacement almost guaranteed. 

On 16/01/2023 at 13:20, TiffToff88 said:

Sell, but only after bringing in a replacement first. If we lose Youri this month and faff about trying to find a replacement we'll be well and truly buggered

We have a replacement already - Big Dan Amartey can step up into a midfield role 

:brendan:

Tough one, as he is still one of our best and most talented players, and IF (big if) he has a patch of good form, that could be the difference in staying up or not. 

However, he could equally be poor for the next few months and hurt our chances of staying up. He has cost us games at time, whilst also singlehandedly won them too. 

It will hurt us when he walks for free in the summer, but unless someone is willing to pay us £20million now, then I think I'd prefer to take the chances that he will perform well for us and help us stay up, rather than sell for under that and not have time to replace him or get anyone capable of matching his game winning quality when he is on a good day!