Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think Maddison is our best player and we’re a much weaker team when he doesn’t play. Since the World Cup he’s been missing and we’ve been sucked back into the relegation scrap. I can’t think of a single reason why the club would not play our best player in vital games and lie about it to the fans. I’m also not remotely convinced that Maddison would fake an injury either.

Yes, it’s a forum of opinions but if somebody suggests with strong conviction that the club is lying about the absence of its best player I’d usually expect them to at least explain their thinking. 

The club need to sell so we dont want to play him and risk injury?

Sounds stupid but you cant put anything past us right now:blush:

• Haha 1

Just now, Royston. said:

The club need to sell so we dont want to play him and risk injury?

Sounds stupid but you cant put anything past us right now:blush:

There was never a solitary chance in hell the club would sell him this month. The summer may be a different story, sadly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There was never a solitary chance in hell the club would sell him this month. The summer may be a different story, sadly

Yes, it’s a forum of opinions but if somebody suggests with strong conviction that the club is lying about the absence of its best player I’d usually expect them to at least explain their thinking. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Best player we have by a country mile... Hope we keep him as long as we can. 

You genuinely think he’s better than Maddison? That’s absurd. Maddison has been about 6 levels above the rest of the squad for the past 18 months.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

wow, different perspectives i guess. I loved him today. Maybe not in possession but he was really good at breaking up their play. my motm 

One of his best games for a while I thought.  Played excellently.  However, by the last fifteen he was blown.  Brighton players were virtually able to stroll past him and it caused us problems.

You'd like to think if we hadn't so many injuries he'd have been subbed at that point for fresh legs.  But he probably wouldn't have been would he? 

Can't work out why anyone would think its appropriate to have someone that doesn't want to be here as the captain.

He's a very good footballer but he doesn't want to be here and doesn't want to get injured. He isn't giving 100%. Sets a woeful example.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Can't work out why anyone would think its appropriate to have someone that doesn't want to be here as the captain.

He's a very good footballer but he doesn't want to be here and doesn't want to get injured. He isn't giving 100%. Sets a woeful example.

Perhaps it shows a serious leadership void within the squad?  

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Isn’t the captain picked by the players?

We moan Tielemans doesn’t want be  here but quite frankly why should good players?  

We are not as attractive as a club as we were 2-3 seasons ago.  Our stock has gone down, worse team, worse management, lack of Europe.

You have to match ambitions.  Whether Youri will get the club he wants is another question but I don’t blame him for looking around,

Admittedly he’ll be leaving behind the largest covered market in Europe but thems the breaks.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps it shows a serious leadership void within the squad?  

Or a suppression of any leadership emerging from within the squad.? Actually, I think Maddison is a natural leader. Apparently, when a free-kick was awarded to City late on yesterday, he waved Tielemans away from the ball - which indicates to me his instinctive response to taking responsibility.

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

with arsenal going for caiceido and willing to pay 60m… could this give us an edge in convincing him to sign a new deal 

I doubt it.

My hunch is he's just holding out for a club in the summer.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I doubt it.

My hunch is he's just holding out for a club in the summer.

His agent is. 

Actually think on a purely lifestyle choice from what I know, Youri would stay but if something concrete comes from a big club then that changes. 

• Like 1

Someone is going to bid for him before the end of tomorrow IMO. 

This isn't an exact science but I think he wants to remain in this country, hence why there's been no pre contract agreed yet that he already could have done with a European club.

We're in for a central midfielder from what I gather so this could be very interesting. Newcastle would be keen but he won't want to go there, I reckon we let him go though should a £10-15m bid come in which is peanuts for Arsenal, Man Utd etc.

• Like 1

If he wants to go a to a CL/EL club in this country, he won`t be a starter I think, at a push at Liverpool or Spurs but even then its not certain

Suppose there is Newcastle I guess....