Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

Just spent a few hours looking. My take on it is:

1. Flights from Birmingham to Amsterdam look really good with regards the times. Late afternoon flights in and out.

2. Costs are high at over £250 if you take a suitcase and book your seats.

3. Amsterdam hotels look plentiful, loads of choice with fair prices.

4. Hotels in Eindhoven look fine, choice at the moment but not sure how long that will stay like that as I only found 20 hotels on Tripadvisor when I put the dates in. 

5. Trains plentiful from Amsterdam to Eindhoven.

In my opinion if you fancied a decent break, get to Amsterdam on Wednesday early evening and stop there Wednesday night.

Train to Eindhoven on Thursday and stop Eindhoven Thursday night.

Train back to Amsterdam Thursday morning for a flight back to Birmingham about 3.00pm.

Train is just over an hour, but the convenience of the Birmingham flights outweigh the inconvenience of getting a train to and from Amsterdam. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Have there been many fans going over to our games without tickets and watching in pubs over there? 

Not recently. I was in the home end in Brugges,  Copenhagen and Atletico,  bar for Seville. Got tickets since but we'll be borderline here. Still going,  it's always a great experience. 

Edited by TC1884
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Just spent a few hours looking. My take on it is:

1. Flights from Birmingham to Amsterdam look really good with regards the times. Late afternoon flights in and out.

2. Costs are high at over £250 if you take a suitcase and book your seats.

3. Amsterdam hotels look plentiful, loads of choice with fair prices.

4. Hotels in Eindhoven look fine, choice at the moment but not sure how long that will stay like that as I only found 20 hotels on Tripadvisor when I put the dates in. 

5. Trains plentiful from Amsterdam to Eindhoven.

In my opinion if you fancied a decent break, get to Amsterdam on Wednesday early evening and stop there Wednesday night.

Train to Eindhoven on Thursday and stop Eindhoven Thursday night.

Train back to Amsterdam Thursday morning for a flight back to Birmingham about 3.00pm.

Train is just over an hour, but the convenience of the Birmingham flights outweigh the inconvenience of getting a train to and from Amsterdam. 

Flights to Amsterdam will come down in a week or so’s time- not to the level of before the draw though

If I bother going it’ll be as cheap as possible for as short as possible 

But some alternative routes are

Harwich- Hook £92 a person on a hatchback sized car

Can fly to Frankfurt from LHR several times on the Thursday. £26 ew train to Eindhoven- £200 return

Similarly to Berlin

You can even do EMA-Dublin-Amsterdam 

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbf aren’t we a week later than them? I have read before for them how it can be difficult at clash periods with school holidays.

Roma would be fine, we’d be due to get a huge allocation of 3k. 

You’ve made me check! West Ham are away the same day as us. They’ve already cited on the booking page how difficult it was to get hold of an aircraft due to Easter. So I won’t be holding my breath 

F5D6349F-2036-41DA-BFA1-4E3CFEA4F2C4.png

16 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Being relative new boys on the block, it’s clear our hierarchy want to be seen to be toeing the line then 

LCFC are rancid. Staff at the collection on Thursday were trying to claim the local fuzz had some regulation about lads drinking tins in the car park. Clearly bollocks, they just didn't like seeing Leicester fans doing what anyone would do if they were forced to go a half-hour walk out of somewhere they're on holiday in for no good reason. Again, another "UEFA regulation" the club hide behind that 2 mins on Google tells you is false.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

LCFC are rancid. Staff at the collection on Thursday were trying to claim the local fuzz had some regulation about lads drinking tins in the car park. Clearly bollocks, they just didn't like seeing Leicester fans doing what anyone would do if they were forced to go a half-hour walk out of somewhere they're on holiday in for no good reason. Again, another "UEFA regulation" the club hide behind that 2 mins on Google tells you is false.

Jim and Vish grabbed me and told me they’d literally just had an update about not drinking in those two pubs near the away end. They were very adamant that this wasn’t their instruction

I wonder what they’d have thought of me and my mate getting a crate from Lidl and drinking that outside the Fox and Friends 🙊

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Jim and Vish grabbed me and told me they’d literally just had an update about not drinking in those two pubs near the away end. They were very adamant that this wasn’t their instruction

I wonder what they’d have thought of me and my mate getting a crate from Lidl and drinking that outside the Fox and Friends 🙊

Unreal ennit. They've zero idea of what it's actually like to follow your team abroad.

Blokes from Corby who Jim definitely knows were in that Leffe gaff over the road and he still says that line with a straight face...

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

They were hopeless. Queued in one line to show passport and ticket voucher. Put passport safely away. Gets to window after queuing again. "Need your passport", brilliant...

None of them on main road actually directing towards the collection point, plenty walked right around the stadium trying to locate it.

Both no go pubs rammed with Leicester with no issue at all. They really are so out of touch with what really goes on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TC1884 said:

They were hopeless. Queued in one line to show passport and ticket voucher. Put passport safely away. Gets to window after queuing again. "Need your passport", brilliant...

None of them on main road actually directing towards the collection point, plenty walked right around the stadium trying to locate it.

Both no go pubs rammed with Leicester with no issue at all. They really are so out of touch with what really goes on.

And the stares you got at the window... never been looked at so suspiciously in any airport in my life.

They 100% do it deliberately with the passport crap too knowing most of us will go out of our way to drop it off after because we're out all day/night after and don't want to be fretting about it.

How do they justify sending so many staff when there's only one that was actually doing anything, I.e checking ticket vouchers.

Even that is a pointless job created solely to inconvenience their own fans.

Absolute jokers.

On 18/03/2022 at 15:01, Basingstoke Fox said:

Booked via an agent on Skyscanner who failed to process the order at £80 Now up to £150+.

Could've booked it direct on Ryanair for £10 more at the time. Won't make that mistake again!

Will still go if the price drops enough after a week or two.

Exactly the same scenario with me....TripCase.com by any chance ??

On 18/03/2022 at 15:02, Ric Flair said:

Wonder if the missus fancies this for her birthday on the 14th

I've already mentioned a week away in Rome to the missus if we beat PSV.....it's the week of the away Roma match however !!!

How much of a coincidence is that though 😲😲😲 !!!

• Haha 1