Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

Just now, boots60 said:

Doing the same but night out in Amsterdam on Wednesday.

Not decided whether I'll do that yet. 

I fancy just getting to eindhoven and 2 nights there as I was constantly on the move in Denmark and was a bit exhausting lol

12 hours ago, glar84 said:

The fact that 2 of the Friday flights back have already sold out suggests it’ll be a more popular trip than we’ve had up to now. 

That is what I’m thinking. I have an hotel booked but holding off booking ferry or flight until know if I get a ticket. I when Liverpool played there few years back they got 1700 tickets 

Decided to drive, via the tunnel, as four of us going.

Not too expensive even allowing for fuel and only three hours drive the other side. Driven over there many times. Booked the Van Der Valk for three, but we’ll all squeeze in! Only doing the one night as spent too much in Randers / Copenhagen!!

17 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Have to show your passport and the voucher to get the ticket on the day

Best chance I guess is if you look like the person whose ticket you are getting

For anyones info.  Just got back from Rennes three people I know got turned away by LCFC Officials in Rennes because they had vouchers in someone elses name vouchers were confiscated and they all  were turned away.  Two of these people had their sons vouchers surnames were the same but initials were different.  Stories of but he is coming he is delayed,at the station or airport didnt wash.  Steward just said when he gets here tell him to see me and I will give him his voucher.  Club and Euefa officials were very strict on this.  Considering we didnt sell out I thought it was ridiculous.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Crazy the amount of people that considered this tournament an inconvenience and didn't bother with the tough journeys but are suddenly interested :)

Yeah, having been to all but Moscow this season it'll pee me off if I can't get a ticket. 

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
9 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

For anyones info.  Just got back from Rennes three people I know got turned away by LCFC Officials in Rennes because they had vouchers in someone elses name vouchers were confiscated and they all  were turned away.  Two of these people had their sons vouchers surnames were the same but initials were different.  Stories of but he is coming he is delayed,at the station or airport didnt wash.  Steward just said when he gets here tell him to see me and I will give him his voucher.  Club and Euefa officials were very strict on this.  Considering we didnt sell out I thought it was ridiculous.

I can add to the anecdotes of strict ticket protocol, my name on passport is Joseph, but on Season ticket it's Joe, so a little persuasiveness was required.

Heard similar stories and people being asked to verify postcode etc

I don't think it's our staff choosing to be strict it's the Uefa rules and probably some severe telling off if any breaches occur.

13 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

I can add to the anecdotes of strict ticket protocol, my name on passport is Joseph, but on Season ticket it's Joe, so a little persuasiveness was required.

Heard similar stories and people being asked to verify postcode etc

I don't think it's our staff choosing to be strict it's the Uefa rules and probably some severe telling off if any breaches occur.

It is not UEFA at all. Do you see many other English clubs doing this for their European trips?

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

Good

Anything that stops people selling tickets for priority points is alright with me. 

Nobody can moan about this, it's been heavily publicised for every single game

If people still want to take the risk then more fool them 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blurryface said:

FC Eindhoven v PSV Jong on the Friday apparently, very tempted.

Thats got my attention 

I might do that and then train to Amsterdam but might get an earlier train to dordrecht to watch them v Fc Emmen. 

Might be good to go elsewhere after 2 days in eindhoven 

30 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Good

Anything that stops people selling tickets for priority points is alright with me. 

Nobody can moan about this, it's been heavily publicised for every single game

If people still want to take the risk then more fool them 

There were 54 no shows in Randers as well and you don't get your away point unless you collect your ticket as its added manually after so it really is a waste of time and money.

Really hoping this now makes my lads points but definitely seems like it's gonna be more popular, due to the easy of travel. Think if it doesn't I'll end up watching in my mates bar in the hauge and just taking in Fridays game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Thats got my attention 

I might do that and then train to Amsterdam but might get an earlier train to dordrecht to watch them v Fc Emmen. 

I've seen FC Emmen play at Breda in the top flight. Small away following but I was hugely impressed with the noise they made. That said it may have been the fact they knew there stay in the top tier would be short so made the most of it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I've seen FC Emmen play at Breda in the top flight. Small away following but I was hugely impressed with the noise they made. That said it may have been the fact they knew there stay in the top tier would be short so made the most of it 

I was going to say a lot like Leeds but they won last night unfortunately 

• Haha 1

The fact that it's easier to travel now with no testing and extra expense means people are more likely to travel. Plus it could be our last European campaign until ...who knows when. Every away match could be the last. I was gutted to miss Rennes due to covid ( That will account for 3 uncollected tickets) so am determined to get to this one

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

It is not UEFA at all. Do you see many other English clubs doing this for their European trips?

No I dont know sorry, I take little interest in what other clubs doing to be honest, I can only go off my own experience. If you are aware of inconsistencies then I think that needs raising with the club. It would be poor of them to be blaming Uefa if they are the ones creating challenging situations for traveling supporters. 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

There were 54 no shows in Randers as well and you don't get your away point unless you collect your ticket as its added manually after so it really is a waste of time and money.

Really hoping this now makes my lads points but definitely seems like it's gonna be more popular, due to the easy of travel. Think if it doesn't I'll end up watching in my mates bar in the hauge and just taking in Fridays game.

It's poor form buying a ticket and then not going, potentially doing someone else of a ticket for a special game. Imagine if it happens again, could be doing 50 or so people out of seeing LCFC play a huge European team.

Think we're driving over, usually just get pissed for these European aways but reckon I might be slightly cultural on this one, take it a couple of sites and do things I normally would't do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Thats got my attention 

You’d better going Dordrecht. Games with youth teams/reserves are an utter grind according to fans in Germany and Netherlands