Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

PSV Away (Travel Plans) - Thursday 14th April

59 minutes ago, lestuhfox said:

Fully vaccinated need a negative test for Holland?

Is that correct?

46 minutes ago, lcfcfem said:

Currently PCRs or Antigens pre-flight.  Not fully vaccinated not accepted at all. 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/netherlands/entry-requirements

All COVID rules abolished from this week. 

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/netherlands-to-abolish-entry-rules-for-all-travellers-from-march-23/

• Like 2

Anyone know what sort of train tickets are available for travel within the Netherlands?

Is it similar to here where we have "walk on fares" ie singles, day returns and period returns (1 month), but also advance singles?

or do you just have to buy a pair of singles, and be done with it?  eg www.raileurope.com quotes £19.50 for singles each way between Amsterdam and Eindhoven.

Cheers

Dutch rail travel is pretty reasonable and you can just buy tickets on the machines outside the stations. You can't get in without buying one. So the machines are normally before the barriers at most major stations.

Also something to note is they have 1st and 2nd class travel on pretty much all trains. Really isn't worth paying for 1st, 2nd is perfectly adequate and normally not overly busy apart from rush hours.

Just looking at operator site now the single for Amsterdam to Eindhoven shows at 21.50 in euros. 

Edited by Bayfox
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Dutch rail travel is pretty reasonable and you can just buy tickets on the machines outside the stations. You can't get in without buying one. So the machines are normally before the barriers at most major stations.

Also something to note is they have 1st and 2nd class travel on pretty much all trains. Really isn't worth paying for 1st, 2nd is perfectly adequate and normally not overly busy apart from rush hours.

Just looking at operator site now the single for Amsterdam to Eindhoven shows at 21.50 in euros. 

Just booked my train and it comes in at £16.79 each way.

i found it very easy to book tickets online via the app as i thought it would save a bit of messing around once over there.

Edited by Bristol fox ....
  • Like 2

On 20/03/2022 at 07:38, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think the rules are only going for EU citizens and countries in Schengen zone. Might be wrong but my understanding was we will still have to show a negative test plus show you have the vaccine?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/03/2022 at 22:04, TC1884 said:

They were hopeless. Queued in one line to show passport and ticket voucher. Put passport safely away. Gets to window after queuing again. "Need your passport", brilliant...

None of them on main road actually directing towards the collection point, plenty walked right around the stadium trying to locate it.

Both no go pubs rammed with Leicester with no issue at all. They really are so out of touch with what really goes on.

Passport stuff is brilliant, unbelievable how they can claim passports are mandatory when 95% of europe travel between each others countries on EU ID Cards. 

They're a parody of themselves and dont care about the fans

On 20/03/2022 at 08:38, Leicester_Loyal said:

That doesn't apply to the UK I don't think though, from what I understand people will still need to be fully vaccinated or have proof of recovery, and have a negative test even after the 23rd.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

That doesn't apply to the UK I don't think though, from what I understand people will still need to be fully vaccinated or have proof of recovery, and have a negative test even after the 23rd.

I'm sure the club will tell us what's required when they put out there travel guide for the game. 

• Haha 4

My uncle cocked up on the booking of our flights - he booked them in a panic in the queue for security at Nantes airport immediately after the draw and only realised yesterday that he booked the wrong dates lol

So now it looks like we might be driving there instead!!

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Haha 1

On 19/03/2022 at 20:46, Zacman2 said:

3 no shows was because we missed the flight they let our friends on who where 2 minutes in front of us 

4 no shows from us not being able to get on the ferry at Newhaven cos my eldest son couldn’t get his Covid passport on his phone. 
still we enjoyed the 11 hour round trip from Cheshire 🙈

29 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Reading the twitter of Netherlands Embassy it will be clarified further.

However, it's worth noting the UK is not considered a 'safe' country. 

Point 3 is the key bit, about test requirements being lifted. My take is that you are exempt from the EU entry ban when you’re fully vaccinated. ‘Safe’ country or not has no impact on that. 

47 minutes ago, FoxesTez said:

Point 3 is the key bit, about test requirements being lifted. My take is that you are exempt from the EU entry ban when you’re fully vaccinated. ‘Safe’ country or not has no impact on that. 

698C409F-7BC1-449F-8FE2-2FB197D193E1.png