Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Ibrahim Sangare

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

How long is Ndidi out for?

I have a horrible feeling his best days are gone. Injuries seem to be stacking up and he looks a yard slower than before… maybe fatigue or maybe something else. 

For me, i’d feel so much more comfortable with sangare coming in, because if wilf plays like last season and we have no alternatives… it’s going to be a horrid season. 

One thing to note though, there’s no way he comes here to be second fiddle. He’d be expecting to hear that we want him as part of that first 11 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

It would be, but he wouldn't be since Ndidi is injured again. Plus he's more than a DM—pretty sure he could play box-to-box. He's better on the ball than Ndidi too from what I remember. And very "press resistant".

This. Plus he replaces Soumare, Choudhury and with some luck Mendy on the wage bill.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

None of those are starters if everyone is fit, so we will be spending £30m on a reserve, unless as said above we aren't expecting Ndidi to be fit

Or we choose to play two physically strong midfielders together - as we could well in our 12 PL games against the greedy six, for example...

46 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Also there's every possibility that Wilf becomes a makeshift CB in some games and Sangare slots into the lone DM role, such is the confidence in our back up defenders.

Which is why funds allowed, we needed a big overhaul in defence and midfield..

• Like 1

The Athletic team have identified him as the #1 target for Man U if they don’t get FDJ. He’s very much an all action B2Ber that can pick up and drive. I think he’s almost more similar to KDH but not quite as good an attacker but slightly better defender. Was v impressed with him when we played PSV and he’d be my main target from them.

He, KDH and Wilf would be an all action midfield and really let a front three in front of them go wild. 

Won’t happen though 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...