Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Ibrahim Sangare

3 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Relatively…. credible source (Nixon, not the Sun!)

3524B8E5-C589-4E0A-94F0-18C1AACA02A2.jpeg

Here’s the tweet with the article etc.

Was PSV’s best player when we played them. Would be a very welcoming signing from me! £30m sounds quite steep mind

Edited by LestaLad

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes quality and I thought he was superb both games against us. But he's a dm and we don't need one. Villa will be after him.

I concur but we do need a DM within the next 18 months (assuming both Mendy/Choudhury won’t be here by then & you never know what Wilf’s future will

look like). Maybe its worth taking the plunge now before bigger clubs try to sign him? 

Probably can’t afford both a CM and DM though! Just have to hope nobody gets to him before us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Yes please, a ball playing CDM with stature is exactly what we need in a ball playing possession team like Rodgers is trying to create. Ndidi is quality at winning the ball back but poor on the ball which makes him a target for the opposition press and imo is what will stop him playing for a top side. Would happily sell for 50-60 mil and get this fella in with Mendy as backup. 

....why we are looking for an offensive DM I do not know!!!

We need someone who is technically good on the ball and not flying pass the half way line. Rodgers looking for Ndidi to play in this fashions and with our high line, Youri gets caught out as he hasn't the speed to get back, if we lose the ball upfield. This seems self indulgent, he is not what we need.

Edited by sacreblueits442

2 hours ago, Shane said:

I concur but we do need a DM within the next 18 months (assuming both Mendy/Choudhury won’t be here by then & you never know what Wilf’s future will

look like). Maybe its worth taking the plunge now before bigger clubs try to sign him? 

Probably can’t afford both a CM and DM though! Just have to hope nobody gets to him before us. 

I'd agree. I like Mendy and Choudhury but after Ndidi the dropoff in quality is clear. We wouldn't need to play both Ndidi and Sangare but it might 1) allow us not to have to rush Ndidi back if he struggles to regain fitness over summer, and 2) push Ndidi to regain some form after a bit of a patchy season where he's been overworked and occasionally forced to play out of position.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'd agree. I like Mendy and Choudhury but after Ndidi the dropoff in quality is clear. We wouldn't need to play both Ndidi and Sangare but it might 1) allow us not to have to rush Ndidi back if he struggles to regain fitness over summer, and 2) push Ndidi to regain some form after a bit of a patchy season where he's been overworked and occasionally forced to play out of position.

Having some regular competition for Wilf would be brilliant. Mendy is good, but clearly not rated. 

Having Sangare and Wilf would really allow us to rotate and force both to be in good form

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Having some regular competition for Wilf would be brilliant. Mendy is good, but clearly not rated. 

Having Sangare and Wilf would really allow us to rotate and force both to be in good form

Indeed. In fact, a double pivot has worked in the very recent past for England. Perhaps it could work for Leicester too in certain games. We'd get bored of seeing it week in week out but maybe there are games where it could work for us, allow us to control the middle of the park a bit more in difficult games and free up KDH or Maddison to carry the ball and break the lines or pounce on the break with Barnes, Lookman, Vardy or Daka.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

....there is a big gulf between the two!!!

Ndidi is poor on the ball, Sangare is not, we have attempted to get Wilf to play a more progressive game, it is not something he is good at, having both players here at the same time will not work. If Wilf cannot do what we want him to do, then he is not what we need for the team.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know he's highly rated but he was crap vs us, don't get the admiration over the 2 legs at all. Luckily he's better than that showing but unless Ndidi goes he's not needed.

Unless ndidi is being moved to CB.

Its possible it's been decided his passing isn't good enough for a BR midfield.

33 minutes ago, kenny said:

Unless ndidi is being moved to CB.

Its possible it's been decided his passing isn't good enough for a BR midfield.

...in fairness, it has been obvious fir some time that Rodgers is not happy with what he brings to the team and has sought to change the way he plays!!!

Ndidi has been regressing now for some time and probably has now come to terms that it may be time to move on.

Rodgers does have a way of stifling players and using Maddison in this way at the moment reduces our ability to be creative. Barnes is struggling at the moment through lack of options and not having the opportunity to be played into the box by Maddison.