Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
motdsteve

Transfers

5 minutes ago, motdsteve said:

So it appears we don’t have any funds this year so why not go for some freebies? I might be wrong but Ghoulam is out of contract this summer as is Akanji? Any thoughts ?

Squad is already bloated so we don't want to get any more dead wood. 

3 minutes ago, motdsteve said:

I forgot about Thomas (soz) But there must be other freebies or loan options in different positions?

Wetherorr not there is transfer fees available is something we can and have debated all day, every day but it's irrelevant. We could have £100m in the kitty but without wages and squad space, we aren't signing anyone. Free transfer/loan or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, motdsteve said:

So it appears we don’t have any funds this year so why not go for some freebies? I might be wrong but Ghoulam is out of contract this summer as is Akanji? Any thoughts ?

You were bored weren't you?

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

So glad the OP started a new thread for this subject. I follow city and while I don’t know the ins and outs of ffp or the clubs wage structure who will sort it? The manager or  the directors? 

New idea. How about players we currently don't like are forced to get new hairstyles and or names on the back of their shirts. 

Introducing -

Hamza -  a dynamic box to box midfielder with a bleach blonde crew. Worth £15m for his shuddering 50 50 tackles alone.

Dennis - technical and tricky right winger with a mohawk. A constant menace, gnashing at the heels of defenders and midfielders in an energetic high prss

Caglar - muscular left side centre back with a skin fade and a rockabilly quiff. Makes defenders shish themselves with his close marking 

Perezinho - mercurial number 10 with Razor Ramon style collar length hair. Adding some machismo to the final 30mins of any game.

There. 4 new signings we can all get excited about.

2 hours ago, motdsteve said:

probably because they won't be free, they will still command high wages and agents fees.

We do have money. The problem is our wage bill is too high and our squad is too big. Signing freebies wouldn't help this situation. And there is no such thing as a freebie anymore. All freebies want a high sign on fee and high wages. 

Edited by jayfox26

2 hours ago, motdsteve said:

Why can’t we ask the so called deadwood to actively look for a transfer? 

other than sticking a grass skirt on Vestergaard and giving him some coconut shells, I’m not sure what else we can do..