Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

OUT - Amartey

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I was going to post this ……. We’ve got one of the worst defences in the league. He’s played a large part in that, therefore it isn’t working. 

Which of the 29 different combinations that we were forced to use last season are you referring to.

50 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Which of the 29 different combinations that we were forced to use last season are you referring to.

All of them.

If it’s broken, you fix it. 

Teams need balance. We’re setup too offensively, so I wouldn’t be against changing the fullback setup either. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

We are not allowed to criticise these massive wages for an mistake prone centre back though are we it appears ridiculous?

£60k+ a week you know to be 4th / 5th choice ….

Edited by Sly

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Bang on 

The wages are mutually agreed.  He can see his contract out if he wants to.

I know you're not keen but I like dan and he has always done his best for us.  The club could offer him an extension on more or less... no not offer him one at all.

Kasper is in an interesting position. If I was the club I would offer him a two year extension on half the current money (after his current deal expires) and see what he does.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I know you're not keen but I like dan and he has always done his best for us.  The club could offer him an extension on more or less... no not offer him one at all.

Kasper is in an interesting position. If I was the club I would offer him a two year extension on half the current money (after his current deal expires) and see what he does.

I can do my best for Leicester and be on 50 k and be absolutely rubbish 🤣 

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If City offered Kasper a 50% wage deduction right off the bat he’d probably be so insulted that he’d just stop showing up to training.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Leave.......

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sly said:

£60k+ a week you know to be 4th / 5th choice ….

To be fair to Dan, he was absolute dog shit on the day, but none of them were much better.

That back pass will haunt me still though, as does the vision of Forest fans in their joyous splendour 

😩

• Like 1

Some of the leakage above is mind blowing. Let’s be fair, there are very few on here that have a grip on wage structure, comparable wage, what’s overpaid, fair, or underpaid. Including me. It feels as though this is the rationale to want him gone. 

We’re scapegoating him and throwing him into the mix for our abysmal efforts last season. This is wrong. It shouldn’t have ever been the intention him playing the volume of games he did last season. That isn’t on him. That’s an unfortunate injury, a whole lot of shocking coaching and direction, loss of form and a s**t show of recruitment. He’s not a starter. That’s obvious. Who are we going to get in that’s an improvement and is happy to sit on a bench? 

We spunked a reported £10m on Danny Ward to warm the bench. What’s the going rate for a bench warmer these days? We sell DA for next to nothing. How is that going to support the wider challenge of improvement? Do we replace with a freebie? Have another Bertrand on our hands. 

We need to stop measuring him against 20+ appearances a season. He’s more than a solid squad player capable of delivering to a reasonable level. Let’s not compare ourselves to the luxury of the big 6 and having the ability for elite benches. He’s simply not the problem.

• Like 3

There is no scapegoating, just a load of hyperbole, and who leaves is based on who can be sold, not who we would like too only.

There has to be a market for who can leave, otherwise they cannot be sold and you end up selling someone you ideally don’t want to.

And don’t forget one at CB out does not mean we need to bring a CB in

Edited by Dahnsouff

3 hours ago, Ely fox said:

He is on too big wages to be 4th /5th choice. Taking up space from someone better who could improve the squad. 

Far easier said than done, which is what a lot of the folk who really dislike him don't seem to grasp when people stick up for him. No one expects him to be a world beating centre half, however most can recognise that being able to sign a better centre half to play his role on less money and be happy not doing a lot when everyone is fit, isn't going to be an easy sell to potential options.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There is no scapegoating, just a load of hyperbole, and who leaves is based on who can be sold, not who we would like too only.

There has to be a market for who can leave, otherwise they cannot be sold and you end up selling someone you ideally don’t want to.

And don’t forget one at CB out does not mean we need to bring a CB in

Agreed with point 2. That said, this boils down to our hideous recruitment over the last two seasons. I don’t see why if he’s the only player generating interest how selling him for a nominal value will aid anything?

To your last point though. We sell a backup in the position that we were utterly honking last season and not replace but invest elsewhere. Thus leaving Vestergaard as the next go to? A crocked Evans. Soyuncu who may or may not come back into form and who potentially could have peaked post Maguire for half the season. Back to my original question. What will this support?

18 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Some of the leakage above is mind blowing. Let’s be fair, there are very few on here that have a grip on wage structure, comparable wage, what’s overpaid, fair, or underpaid. Including me. It feels as though this is the rationale to want him gone. 

We’re scapegoating him and throwing him into the mix for our abysmal efforts last season. This is wrong. It shouldn’t have ever been the intention him playing the volume of games he did last season. That isn’t on him. That’s an unfortunate injury, a whole lot of shocking coaching and direction, loss of form and a s**t show of recruitment. He’s not a starter. That’s obvious. Who are we going to get in that’s an improvement and is happy to sit on a bench? 

We spunked a reported £10m on Danny Ward to warm the bench. What’s the going rate for a bench warmer these days? We sell DA for next to nothing. How is that going to support the wider challenge of improvement? Do we replace with a freebie? Have another Bertrand on our hands. 

We need to stop measuring him against 20+ appearances a season. He’s more than a solid squad player capable of delivering to a reasonable level. Let’s not compare ourselves to the luxury of the big 6 and having the ability for elite benches. He’s simply not the problem.

Unless there’s a plan in place for one of the academy lads to step up to the bench I agree with you. 

3 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Agreed with point 2. That said, this boils down to our hideous recruitment over the last two seasons. I don’t see why if he’s the only player generating interest how selling him for a nominal value will aid anything?

To your last point though. We sell a backup in the position that we were utterly honking last season and not replace but invest elsewhere. Thus leaving Vestergaard as the next go to? A crocked Evans. Soyuncu who may or may not come back into form and who potentially could have peaked post Maguire for half the season. Back to my original question. What will this support?

Squad is too big, especially with no European games, and sure keep Dan if we can ship out Vestergaard and/or Bertrand, or ship out all three, get Colwil or even rely on Nelson if he isn’t going on loan.

The bad recruitment does indeed have much to answer for, but chatter isn’t going to put us in a different situation, and the recruitment replacement is in hand.