Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

OUT - Amartey

Interesting as Amartey probably became 3rd choice CB last season behind Wes and JE. Personally I still think Soyuncu has more potential, but was obviously very poor last season.

Let’s face it Amartey is a good squad player and cover for more than one position, but he isn’t really good enough in any position. He’s too error prone and doesn’t look like he’ll ever excel in defence and is far too limited in midfield.

If he goes to allow another to come in - then great, but if he goes without a replacement it would have an adverse affect on the squad. Losing Vestergaard and Bertrand would definitely be preferable, but if there’s money on the table for DA we surely should consider it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Do we only have contacts with Turkish agents? It's so weird that it's mainly Turkish teams seem to be interested in our squad.

Turkish agents, look also for slowly upping the Allround Internal qualities of their teams...

Not every club, even Consistent CL/Europe qualified cant afford the Top notch superstars...

They can create the odd one, & Pick n Mix, also by finding Fading names 

as improved & helped their international, & higher their  Clubs respect through Europe evolve..IMO

Ie: No matter what some Nego-Posters think, Soyuncu  would be  & is a Good catch for other Top Quality European clubs...

Foxes forum this last One & half seasons, have had in their blinkered perspective views,when picking out individual players

for critic & " Not Good enough reviews", where every Single considered "top Foxes star". have had injury/Form issues,

Soyu was also One  showing Star potential that faded,flickered, refound,then slipped again...

.IMO  is still a Top Quality CB, One should Not forget  other Top line CBs World Wide have Stuttering 1-2 years in their careers...

Sad if he went 

Amartey ( Topic subject)  presence like some other fringe players Upped our Basic squad quality over the last years,( Hence Not the relegation Threat & battles )

But his major injury during that Puel & then the "Boss's" death period,then niggles afterwards,just as he was finding some continuity & base,

he  seemed to lose not only confidence also belief within himself when on the ball...

IMO I reckon a Move now,would help him to rekindle a First Choice potential Star  position in Another European league.

Also I would suggest some Posters quit gnawing on the same bone,

fair enough you have continually mentioned which players in your own opinion you hate/Don t like/are crap..

you Dont have to Repeat it everyweek....So long es they represent our club & Wear our badge, support & encourage them..! You will find it doesn't hurt...!

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Turkish agents, look also for slowly upping the Allround Internal qualities of their teams...

Not every club, even Consistent CL/Europe qualified cant afford the Top notch superstars...

They can create the odd one, & Pick n Mix, also by finding Fading names 

as improved & helped their international, & higher their  Clubs respect through Europe evolve..IMO

Ie: No matter what some Nego-Posters think, Soyuncu  would be  & is a Good catch for other Top Quality European clubs...

Foxes forum this last One & half seasons, have had in their blinkered perspective views,when picking out individual players

for critic & " Not Good enough reviews", where every Single considered "top Foxes star". have had injury/Form issues,

Soyu was also One  showing Star potential that faded,flickered, refound,then slipped again...

.IMO  is still a Top Quality CB, One should Not forget  other Top line CBs World Wide have Stuttering 1-2 years in their careers...

Sad if he went 

Amartey ( Topic subject)  presence like some other fringe players Upped our Basic squad quality over the last years,( Hence Not the relegation Threat & battles )

But his major injury during that Puel & then the "Boss's" death period,then niggles afterwards,just as he was finding some continuity & base,

he  seemed to lose not only confidence also belief within himself when on the ball...

IMO I reckon a Move now,would help him to rekindle a First Choice potential Star  position in Another European league.

Also I would suggest some Posters quit gnawing on the same bone,

fair enough you have continually mentioned which players in your own opinion you hate/Don t like/are crap..

you Dont have to Repeat it everyweek....So long es they represent our club & Wear our badge, support & encourage them..! You will find it doesn't hurt...!

I'm not sure if you were making a point there or not to me @fuchsntf

I understood very little of that post or what the point was.

My point was that it's weird that it's mainly Turkish clubs that are linked with our players. We rarely seem to have players linked with any other nations

Maybe the Turkish put more stock in the Afcon players, as we've sent Ghezzal there and they've been linked to Papy and Amartey this summer. Or, and this might be more likely, there's been more of a focus on us from Turkey with having Soyuncu, recently Under and have been linked ourselves to other Turkish internationals like Demiral, Kabak and recently Kokcu.

Or it's just a coincidence.

Edited by JimJams

43 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm not sure if you were making a point there or not to me @fuchsntf

I understood very little of that post or what the point was.

My point was that it's weird that it's mainly Turkish clubs that are linked with our players. We rarely seem to have players linked with any other nations

Trying to explain…Turkish agents & clubs looking for ´their ideá of bargains, & have over the years very slowly upped their own quality from other European clubs fringe players, or getting older well named players…

No critic just agreeing & bouncing off your post…:)

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Trying to explain…Turkish agents & clubs looking for ´their ideá of bargains, & have over the years very slowly upped their own quality from other European clubs fringe players, or getting older well named players…

No critic just agreeing & bouncing off your post…:)

I follow you now, less was more in this case haha

They certainly are good at finding bargains, I'd say it's probably not a good sign of how the club is doing if there are mainly bargain hunting turkish clubs that are desperately trying to take advantage of the corner we're backing ourselves into :D

He absolutely divides opinion, doesn’t he. Take it for the situation that is, he’s probably the only squad player (maybe outside of Albrighton) that would do us a detriment if we lost him. Prem experience in abundance, isn’t world class, but knows his job. Not going to be a starter and doesn’t act out because of this. Puts a shift in when required. Not costing huge amounts in wages nor in transfer fee.

If we’re trimming down our squad, there’s a long list of players above him we should be focusing on shifting.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

According to the Brendan Rodgers thread in the main forum, he's on £57k per week. So they'd need to persuade him to take a pay cut.

The same goes with most of the players we'd like to get rid of. Nobody will pay them the same as we are. So unless they're happy to take a pay cut for first team football, we're stuck with them.

I should also add that I'd personally prefer we got rid of several other players ahead of Amartey. He seems happy to be a squad player and has come in and made a contribution on more than one occasion.

If that is true it's a scandal.  He wouldn't get that anywhere else in the world, no wonder he is happy to be a squad player.

We have painted ourselves into a corner and we are the only club to make zero signings.   With ridiculous contracts like this for bit part players like Dan, see also Hamza , JV  (the shit one, not the good one) etc, the problem is entirely of our own making.

2 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

He absolutely divides opinion, doesn’t he. Take it for the situation that is, he’s probably the only squad player (maybe outside of Albrighton) that would do us a detriment if we lost him. Prem experience in abundance, isn’t world class, but knows his job. Not going to be a starter and doesn’t act out because of this. Puts a shift in when required. Not costing huge amounts in wages nor in transfer fee.

If we’re trimming down our squad, there’s a long list of players above him we should be focusing on shifting.

Allow me: Perez, Vestergaard, Bertrand maybe Albrighton. Soumare (unless he starts performing NOW) Iheanacho and maybe Choudhury and then get the best out of Praet....

As much as i like Amartey and think he has been a decent player for the club i do feel that if we want to improve then Amartey is the type of player we should look to offload.

Same goes for Perez & Choudhary etc

Rodgers needs a squad where he has players competing for places. None of the above will be threatening any starter for a place in the team. 

• Like 1

We're reaching the point where we'll have to sell anyone that attracts interest. There's going to be a yard sale at this rate.

I'm resolved to there be no 'refresh' until next window.  If someone goes (e.g. YT) then it'll be late in the day... late enough to scupper plans this window.