Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

OUT - Amartey

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Reportedly 67k per week here?

Here’s hoping…

🤞

Yeah probably anywhere between £50-60k a week I imagine. Turkish teams happily pay £50k a week though as they usually don't pay much in the way of a transfer fee.

Someone has to go to kick start our window unfortunately. He has been a steady player but won't miss him long term. After the Forest match I would have driven him and Soyuncu to a new club. I think ultimately they may be the two to leave us out of the defenders. 

3 hours ago, Sly said:

This weird cult Like following he’s received from half the support, being our most un terrible defender, in a defensive line that was leakier than a sieve, is odd. 

It’s like keeping a plastic Spork in the drawer, in case you run out of actual spoons and forks. 

All players that are 4th / 5th choice within their position, are the ones we should like to move on. Either to lessen the wage bill or generate income. 

Those players get replace with youth prospects like Nelson, Alves, Weight or Braybrook; or perceived Premiership quality players that will walk into the first team. We’ve got a bloated squad of players and that isn’t good. 

What about 3rd choice players?

In a full list of PL centre backs , many on here would say 60% aren't good enough. Even most of the 40% have poor games . I would like  a Terry and Baresi at the back but it ain't gonna happen.

Edited by An Sionnach

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Over half of our squad are 3rd choice players. Therein lies the problem

We can only have 11 first choice players, so over half of every squad in the PL are not first choice players. Our squad would have the exact same breakdown of 1st, 2nd, 3rd… choice players as every other squad in the league.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

We can only have 11 first choice players, so over half of every squad in the PL are not first choice players. Our squad would have the exact same breakdown of 1st, 2nd, 3rd… choice players as every other squad in the league.

I'm pretty sure man city have a full squad of 1st team players. Possibly Liverpool too

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm pretty sure man city have a full squad of 1st team players. Possibly Liverpool too

I'm pretty sure that Man City and Liverpool owners have more cash in their wallets than Leicester City Football club have to offer.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just bizarre

’Never let’s us down’!?

Just look at our defensive stats from the season just gone…

And lest we forget the Forest FA cup game.

Amartey is reputedly earning 60k a week at our club, which is daft wages for a player of his ability. 
I say again, I’ll be surprised if we extend his contract. Though, given the recent lunacy at the club, I wouldn’t put it past them.

We need better than Amartey and Vestie, even as back up CB’s. 
I must consider that Amartey is a good lad to have at the club. He seems a good chap and clearly likes a laff. But ability wise, we have to improve if we are to not suffer when Evans gets crocked again (as he surely will)

I was going to post this ……. We’ve got one of the worst defences in the league. He’s played a large part in that, therefore it isn’t working. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sly said:

All players that are 4th / 5th choice within their position, are the ones we should like to move on. Either to lessen the wage bill or generate income. 

financially that would be a catastrophic decision.  We simply can’t afford to keep all the high wage earners and bring in more  high wage earners. That’s just not how a balanced squad works. You simply have to have players on a lower wage who will be happy to play back up and can play a few games when needed and we just can’t expect them to be the same level of skill as the starting 11.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sly said:

I was going to post this ……. We’ve got one of the worst defences in the league. He’s played a large part in that, therefore it isn’t working. 

Without an injury ravaged defence he probably plays 5 league games maximum, he isn't and won't be the issue if everyone stays fit this term.

Players like Amartey are decent value for money even if his wages are too high. He can cover multiple positions and he's content as a squad player, to get a better back up than him we either A) sign a better third choice CB or B) replace like-for-like, how many CBs are better than Amartey that would cost less than what we sell him for?

Vestergaard is the egregiously expensive, dreadful back up option, not Amartey.

• Like 4