Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
steveherbe

Mobile tickets - meeting with club

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It's a thinly veiled way to get people to use the resale platform instead of passing their ticket onto friends or family. The additional £300,000 per season this generates is enough to pay Rodgers' wages for 10.5 days.

The operations side of things at the club are increasingly soulless and about extracting relatively insignificant amounts of cash, far removed from the ethos Vichai established.

Amongst all moaning and one upsmanship of victim competing, this is the most coherent argument I’ve heard by far. It’s completely against what the Vichai ethos ain’t it 

21 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Could see this car crash coming a mile off so picked to have physical tickets 

Jim is a sound man and the job is too big for one person 

He's also basically now just a face for the club. He has next to no power anymore and tries way to hard to please everyone.

There's several other people in his team. But they love hiding behind him as well rather than actually attempt to do their job. Too many of them love the prestige of working for the club than the actual work. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Winchesterfox said:

Would be good to know which other Prem clubs allow mobile tickets to be shared with friends and family. Just had a quick look at a few and Liverpool, Man City and Spurs do.  Is ours the only one that doesn't?

I asked that very question before opting for mobile tickets and was assured by Jim,  that I could email the ticket office with the details they would either issue a paper ticket or send the mobile ticket to another email address so they could add it to their wallet.  I am yet to test it out though.

7 hours ago, Robo61 said:

I asked that very question before opting for mobile tickets and was assured by Jim,  that I could email the ticket office with the details they would either issue a paper ticket or send the mobile ticket to another email address so they could add it to their wallet.  I am yet to test it out though.

I asked this question very recently and was assured that tickets were strictly non transferable for this season!

I quoted him that crystal Palace have a simple process for reallocating tickets and he said each premier league clubs makes there own decisions on this, and ours (made at Director level) was to not be able to transfer tickets.

I opted to continue to get my season ticket by card this season. When it comes to cup games,  presumably I will be forced to use mobile tickets only in place of the usual print at home ticket. That means I will probably have to buy a new phone as I don't think my phone has the tech to do it. The hassle of that will probably affect sales as I'm sure others are in the same situation. 

If I want to buy a couple of pairs of extra tickets for cup games for friends and family,  as I often do as tickets are available and cheaper than league games, will that mean that I will have to tell those people that they will need to download the Apple/Google pay apps for their phones (which some people don't want to do), and potentially buy a new phone, as that's the only way they would get in? I couldn't scan them in,  assuming I myself have decided to buy a new phone so I can actually go, as I'd be in different parts of the ground. Again,  this is going to affect ticket sales,  especially for early round cup games against lower league sides. 

Surely they won't enforce the phone ticket only option for all cup games?

6 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I asked this question very recently and was assured that tickets were strictly non transferable for this season!

I quoted him that crystal Palace have a simple process for reallocating tickets and he said each premier league clubs makes there own decisions on this, and ours (made at Director level) was to not be able to transfer tickets.

Sounds like the left hand is struggling to communicate with the right hand

On 10/08/2022 at 12:03, Stadt said:

It's a thinly veiled way to get people to use the resale platform instead of passing their ticket onto friends or family. The additional £300,000 per season this generates is enough to pay Rodgers' wages for 10.5 days.

The operations side of things at the club are increasingly soulless and about extracting relatively insignificant amounts of cash, far removed from the ethos Vichai established.

lack of transferable tickets is just a complete kick in the teeth personally. 

Me and my dad often have a game or two we can’t attend in the season and take either my brother or spouse. For 90% of the games no one is going to be interested in buying a single seat where we sit and there’s not a chance we’d pay the additional money to buy our own ticket back from the club so it’ll just be another empty seat. 

what’s the point in that?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

lack of transferable tickets is just a complete kick in the teeth personally. 

Me and my dad often have a game or two we can’t attend in the season and take either my brother or spouse. For 90% of the games no one is going to be interested in buying a single seat where we sit and there’s not a chance we’d pay the additional money to buy our own ticket back from the club so it’ll just be another empty seat. 

what’s the point in that?

There's zero incentive for fans to sell their ticket back to the club when they're handing it to somebody they know. 

Literally hand it them vs sell to back to the club and the buyer then has to log in, search for the specific seat, hope it's viable and then purchase at a more expensive price. We aren't Man United where STH's make a profit by selling their ticket each week.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

There's zero incentive for fans to sell their ticket back to the club when they're handing it to somebody they know. 

Literally hand it them vs sell to back to the club and the buyer then has to log in, search for the specific seat, hope it's viable and then purchase at a more expensive price. We aren't Man United where STH's make a profit by selling their ticket each week.

It’s not even tout protected to be honest, the blokes at Arsenal collecting season tickets at half time will just be collecting cheap Androids/iPhones instead. They’ll pay themselves off within a game

3 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

It’s not even tout protected to be honest, the blokes at Arsenal collecting season tickets at half time will just be collecting cheap Androids/iPhones instead. They’ll pay themselves off within a game

Yeah I agree, what I'm saying is we don't even have a market for that. This is just massively inconvenient for fans, it'll have cost the club a wedge to do this as well you'd have thought.

Just now, Stadt said:

Yeah I agree, what I'm saying is we don't even have a market for that. This is just massively inconvenient for fans, it'll have cost the club a wedge to do this as well you'd have thought.

Absolutely, there’s not a resale market here at all. 

Just screwing over fans who’ve already forked out £600 odd for that seat. 

No one has ever bought their ticket and thought, “oh great, if I can’t go I’ll resell my ticket”. It’s always been just a lost game

7 hours ago, FOXSE said:

For that, Palace season ticket holders have to pay an extra £50 

On 10/08/2022 at 09:30, goose2010 said:

i understand it at gigs and high profile events as it helps to stop touts. But at our level that isnt really the issue. 

Only real reason i can see why they have put the tech in is to future proof when the stadium is redeveloped and they are hoping for more high profile events other than the football. 

Are they doing this at gigs aswell? If so that's crap, I never even take my phone to a gig, nothing worse than people stood there with a phone in the air. Plus there's a good chance it gets lost or smashed.

On 10/08/2022 at 10:42, Clarkeyblue said:

If you take a screen shot of the barcode you can send it to all your family to use or anyone else!

There's a security policy to stop you taking a screenshot of the mobile ticket. However, if you take a picture of your QR code on another phone and share that image then it will work on a different device.

I tried it at Brentford using my old man's phone and it worked fine. Straight in.