Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

English tifo/active fan group culture

On 19/03/2023 at 16:05, purpleronnie said:

Holmesdale at Arsenal

FrlzsEbXgAEU7H4?format=jpg&name=medium

“Parish met the Holmesdale Fanatics ultras group last week – rescheduled from earlier in the season – although their discussions largely focused on issues such as safe standing and away ticketing.”

10 hours ago, goody2028 said:

24 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I chat semi regularly with on of the guys there. They get it pretty rough from the clubs opps and safety guys plus the stewarding teams. Fingers crossed the move works for them.

Just looked where that is and that makes no sense at all to me. They'll regret that as they grow imo and will be angling for a move back into the Bobby Moore relatively quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, goose2010 said:

crazy that one fan alone has donated £1000. 

Have the UFS thought about doing a go fund me page? 

Yeah we have, sort splits views in the group.

Me personally I prefer a more organic way with self funding through merch sale and softer donation drives. That being said we can’t ignore the money they seem to pull in. For example they asked for donations and reach 7k, we did similar earlier this week and got £500.

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Me personally I prefer a more organic way with self funding through merch sale and softer donation drives. That being said we can’t ignore the money they seem to pull in. For example they asked for donations and reach 7k, we did similar earlier this week and got £500.

yeah i get what you mean, it almost feels a bit like begging but it gives people a link they can send on i guess ? Not sure. 

I guess with Arsenal they will pull in some bigger numbers but a single person donating a grand is just mad really. 

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

yeah i get what you mean, it almost feels a bit like begging but it gives people a link they can send on i guess ? Not sure. 

I guess with Arsenal they will pull in some bigger numbers but a single person donating a grand is just mad really. 

I think a moving total that fans can see helps boost it up. Like for all anyone outside of the UFS may know they could think we are swimming in cash so perhaps with cost of living think I might not bother this time sort of thing. 

If you get chance have a look when Rangers or Celtic's group use a go fund me, the money that gets thrown their way is massive!

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think a moving total that fans can see helps boost it up. Like for all anyone outside of the UFS may know they could think we are swimming in cash so perhaps with cost of living think I might not bother this time sort of thing. 

If you get chance have a look when Rangers or Celtic's group use a go fund me, the money that gets thrown their way is massive!

Green Brigade managed to raise 75 grand in about 7 months through two different gofundme’s - almost 40 grand for the group through a ‘tifo fund’ and over 35 grand for food banks. Absolutely mind-blowing that.

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Genuine question - why wouldn't you want to raise as much money as possible?

On 12/04/2023 at 08:44, SemperEadem said:

Have you guys ever sold beach towels ?

I used to sell printed beach towels and PAFC displays had shed loads off me . Same with a Rangers charity ( Erskine apeal ) who sold in excess of 500 . Which I know would've pulled in a few thousand.