Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesDeb

Second Teams

On 21/05/2021 at 14:44, MPH said:

The nearest big City to me, Charlotte in North Carolina is starting a MLS team this year. I am absolutely gagging for him to sign up with them.

On 06/06/2021 at 22:28, MPH said:

oh my gosh oh my gosh I can’t breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for those  who didn’t see this first time round, this was my reaction when Christian Fuchs announced he was leaving Leicester, and my reaction 2 weeks later when he announced he was signing for charlotte. So naturally Charlotte F.C are my second team….

I’ve never really bought in to the whole one club till I die - everyone is a plastic stuff. 

I watch football for entertainment and support Leicester because that’s where I’m from. If I lived in a different country I’d absolutely find a local team to support there. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I’ve never really bought in to the whole one club till I die - everyone is a plastic stuff. 

I watch football for entertainment and support Leicester because that’s where I’m from. If I lived in a different country I’d absolutely find a local team to support there. 

Oh massively yeah.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Benguin said:

10 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Oh massively yeah.

I'm really glad you have both said this. I really miss going to games, for me it's just not enough watching on the TV while I'm able to go. I hate the phrase, but I guess it's the whole 'match day experience' I'm missing. 

It will be interesting to see what happens, I can't imagine falling in love with another club, but who knows? Leicester aren't exactly enthralling me atm, although I've endured worse times lol

• Like 1

Bradford City are the closest for me. I live locally and like going to Valley Parade to watch them. Big enough degree of separation between them and Leicester too. Would love to get them in the cup and would also like to see them come back up through the divisions. 

similar to @foxfanazer I’ve got a lot of time for Dorking Wanderers. They play some local games to me this season so might go and watch them. Incredible club when you look at their story and where they are now in relation to where and when they started. 

I wouldn’t say second team but I always want see Rangers win…. Goes back 25 odd years one of my dads mate’s is a massive rangers fan so just always looked out for them. 

I think most people have got a team in most major leagues they prefer more than others. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Bradford City are the closest for me. I live locally and like going to Valley Parade to watch them. Big enough degree of separation between them and Leicester too. Would love to get them in the cup and would also like to see them come back up through the divisions. 

similar to @foxfanazer I’ve got a lot of time for Dorking Wanderers. They play some local games to me this season so might go and watch them. Incredible club when you look at their story and where they are now in relation to where and when they started. 

I'm living in King's Lynn who were unfortunately relegated from the national league else I'd have definitely gone to that game. Only live 2 minutes from the ground as well

Agreed, you’ve got to scratch the itch with the real thing Deb!  Meaning live football of course.  :cool:

"Live" for me is Cleveland SC, pride of the NPSL midwest region.  Their core have played together for 10+ years, and many were semi-pros.  So I get to watch these skillful, wise old men whip the college-age sides.  And to sit next to their (often immigrant) parents and get the scoop.  “Soccer moms” still cheering their 30-something sons.

Maybe you wouldn’t need another top-level club like Valencia?  I’m happy my second team is down the fourth tier.  Playing just for love of the game and their mates.

• Like 1