Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesDeb

Second Teams

Yes I know some people really hate the idea of anyone having a second team to support, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, I really want to get back to going to games, and LCFC is sadly too far away from me now, at least to go regularly.

So for those of you with much greater European footie knowledge than me, if you had to choose between going regularly to watch Valencia or Levante, which would it be, and why? The only thing which might sway me so far is that Vicente Iborra is currently playing on loan for Levante, so they are currently the front runners lol 

If anyone else has a second team feel free to share, too, I looked for an existing thread and couldn't find one, I know plenty on here do though...

56 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I know some people really hate the idea of anyone having a second team to support, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, I really want to get back to going to games, and LCFC is sadly too far away from me now, at least to go regularly.

So for those of you with much greater European footie knowledge than me, if you had to choose between going regularly to watch Valencia or Levante, which would it be, and why? The only thing which might sway me so far is that Vicente Iborra is currently playing on loan for Levante, so they are currently the front runners lol 

If anyone else has a second team feel free to share, too, I looked for an existing thread and couldn't find one, I know plenty on here do though...

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I visited Valencia in 2019 and it is great, definitely worth a visit. Worth doing the stadium tour as well. Huge ground though, and I don't think their attendances are great, it's barely half full most of the time.

Whichever one you pick you'll have fun.

Have to agree! Not that I've been to Levante's stadium but the Mestalla has great character and is iconic. 

Loved my visit to the city in 2020 and also did the tour. 

I know @SemperEadem and @Voll Blau and perhaps a few others follow some German clubs (not just Bochum?) 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Have to agree! Not that I've been to Levante's stadium but the Mestalla has great character and is iconic. 

Loved my visit to the city in 2020 and also did the tour. 

I know @SemperEadem and @Voll Blau and perhaps a few others follow some German clubs (not just Bochum?) 

Yep, quite a few I know regard Bochum as their second team. Same goes with Leicester for our mates over there.

• Like 1

I'd personally chose Levante because they're the lower ranked side out the two and there's much more fun in that! 

I only really check Rangers results and Coalville more so now, but I wouldn't say I have a second team as such.

I'd just follow the national side if City ever went under.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

@Soupis your man on that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've been numerous times to both Levante and Valencia and enjoyed both. Didn't feel any connection though so I was looking at going to watch Torrent CF just outside the city. They play at the Estadio San Gregorio which holds 4000. I don't think they ever fill it but they have a half decent main stand that gets a few in there. Decent little town as well which is connected by the metro from Valencia. 

Just sold my gaff there though so I'll probably not get to go now which is a shame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I haven’t been for a while but I used to go and watch Elche a couple of times a year when I would go on holiday in that area, still look for their results and watch them online if I get a chance

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soup said:

I've been numerous times to both Levante and Valencia and enjoyed both. Didn't feel any connection though so I was looking at going to watch Torrent CF just outside the city. They play at the Estadio San Gregorio which holds 4000. I don't think they ever fill it but they have a half decent main stand that gets a few in there. Decent little town as well which is connected by the metro from Valencia. 

Just sold my gaff there though so I'll probably not get to go now which is a shame.

You're not a drummer and guitar player are you, and sold a place about half an hour from the city? :dunno:

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Talking of Spanish teams, I used to joke (whenever someone asked me who I supported) that my second team was Real Madrid. Of course we went and won the Premiership, so I couldn't make that joke anymore for fear of being seen as a glory-hunter... 

I did have a Spanish friend from Valencia who was heavily into football. One season he actually bought season tickets for both Valencia and Levante (although Valencia was always his main team). So you could opt to watch both when they play at home... Going to away games (well the league games) is not a big thing in Spain, partly because of greater distances.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I hope you haven't moved out since you heard I was moving closer...lol

It would have been good to meet up though, hopefully you'll still visit?

Now you come mention it lol

No just circumstances have changed. I'll hopefully still visit as it's a wonderful city. Keep your eyes peeled though as I've left my mark, especially in the the old town. All I'll say is 1980's little winger :thumbup: 

8 minutes ago, Soup said:

Now you come mention it lol

No just circumstances have changed. I'll hopefully still visit as it's a wonderful city. Keep your eyes peeled though as I've left my mark, especially in the the old town. All I'll say is 1980's little winger :thumbup: 

So you're basically setting me up for early entry in to a dementia home, given that I'll be spending my time in Valencia looking for some kind of Stevie Lynex? reference, and blaming it on Soup lol

Way to go at getting me back for our covid disagreements lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

So you're basically setting me up for early entry in to a dementia home, given that I'll be spending my time in Valencia looking for some kind of Stevie Lynex? reference, and blaming it on Soup lol

Way to go at getting me back for our covid disagreements lol 

Yeah I've not forgotten those 🤣🤣

But seriously if you don't spot the little man I'll be gutted.

Back to the football though. I think the new Mestalla has been pushed back again so you may get to enjoy the old girl for a bit longer. 

• Like 1

I have family from Norwich so I always keep an eye out for their results. I also  have a soft spot for Mansfield Town because of a lad I used the coach who's a big fan of theirs, and Portland Timbers (for reasons I don't fully understand)

Edited by TiffToff88

12 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

You need VR goggles to attend a city game virtually.....and i suppose for virtual-shagging iborra.

Go for the underdog of the two :)

I've started to keep an eye on Dorking Wanderers results after being recommended a fly on the wall series on YouTube. Would quite like to go to one of their games this season. I'm disillusioned with top flight football currently so maybe it will reignite some love for the game 

I’ve got a season ticket for FC Copenhagen due to sheer proximity, I live 5 mins from the ground and my girlfriend’s family are all FCK and I wanted to start going footy again after I moved so yeah, they’re my second team. Pay roughly £15 a month for pretty good seats. The atmosphere is excellent.

• Like 1