Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Praet - Torino

A month ago you maybe cut your losses and sell him but with two days of the window left are we really that confident about our injury record that we let him - and possibly Soumare - leave with no-one else coming in? There isn't even a rumour about replacements so we have to assume we're doing no business.

That fabled rebuild isn't happening, this would be like taking the roof off and hoping it doesn't rain until January.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iancognito said:

A month ago you maybe cut your losses and sell him but with two days of the window left are we really that confident about our injury record that we let him - and possibly Soumare - leave with no-one else coming in? There isn't even a rumour about replacements so we have to assume we're doing no business.

That fabled rebuild isn't happening, this would be like taking the roof off and hoping it doesn't rain until January.

Soumare looks to be staying

It also looks like we are going for this Harit from Schalke, and whilst underwhelming, can cover the roles you would probably expect we would use Praet in

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Soumare looks to be staying

It also looks like we are going for this Harit from Schalke, and whilst underwhelming, can cover the roles you would probably expect we would use Praet in

I've seen Monaco linked with him 3 or 4 times already so I wouldn't be surprised if he's snapped up at 11pm on Thursday. I saw something about Harit but again I just don't get it. You're just shuffling deckchairs. If he does the same things as Praet or the others why bring him in? The obvious moves are CBs, right winger and maybe a left back. Someone who does the same as what we've got is just a waste of time.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I've seen Monaco linked with him 3 or 4 times already so I wouldn't be surprised if he's snapped up at 11pm on Thursday. I saw something about Harit but again I just don't get it. You're just shuffling deckchairs. If he does the same things as Praet or the others why bring him in? The obvious moves are CBs, right winger and maybe a left back. Someone who does the same as what we've got is just a waste of time.

Honestly think the club would happily sell both, which make more sense of why we are sniffing around Harit on loan. 

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Harit at least appears to be a fair bit more effective in helping a team going forward than Praet

Sell Praet for about £8m and get his £80k a week wages off the book before his value probably halves by next summer when he has just 1 year left and get Harit in on loan for £50k a week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Harit at least appears to be a fair bit more effective in helping a team going forward than Praet

Sell Praet for about £8m and get his £80k a week wages off the book before his value probably halves by next summer when he has just 1 year left and get Harit in on loan for £50k a week

Weve just pocketed 80m, at which point do we need to stop recouping money?

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Closer to 60 but the point is still relevant

What are we likely to get for him with a year left ?  We surely wouldn’t offer him a renewal at those wages 

I think if YT goes then we’re likely to hold onto him to avoid too much change 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Closer to 60 but the point is still relevant

What are we likely to get for him with a year left ?  We surely wouldn’t offer him a renewal at those wages 

I think if YT goes then we’re likely to hold onto him to avoid too much change 

65m on fofana in transfer fee.

7m on kaspers wages, 5-6m on fofanas and 3m on hamza. Roughly

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

We don’t appear to have pocketed £80m for Fofana it sounds more like £70m, and after Saint-Etienne get their cut it is down to about £60m, and then from what Percy has said we are only going to be able to spend at most half of that

We shouldn’t turn down an opportunity to move on average players like Praet, even if it means getting someone like Harit on loan for a season

Sell Praet for about £8m, save his £80k a week wages for the rest of this season and also the full year he has left works out to about £16m if we get him off our books now

Harit on loan for the season would be about £2m

We need to start getting our finances under control for the long term and not rely on the sale of 1 player to sort it all out

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

We don’t appear to have pocketed £80m for Fofana it sounds more like £70m, and after Saint-Etienne get their cut it is down to about £60m, and then from what Percy has said we are only going to be able to spend at most half of that

We shouldn’t turn down an opportunity to move on average players like Praet, even if it means getting someone like Harit on loan for a season

Sell Praet for about £8m, save his £80k a week wages for the rest of this season and also the full year he has left works out to about £16m if we get him off our books now

We need to start getting our finances under control for the long term and not rely on the sale of 1 player to sort it all out

This harit is growing on me - anyone who is happy to play for free gets my vote ! 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

See my other post.

We have 6 players out of contract this season too. 

I think people are overthinking it.

The only reason Rodgers will only get half is because we need the money to sack him.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

See my other post.

We have 6 players out of contract this season too. 

I think people are overthinking it.

The only reason Rodgers will only get half is because we need the money to sack him.

I just don’t see the point in keeping him when we would probably be lucky to get £5m for him next summer (that is if we don’t stupidly give him a new deal), get someone that probably wouldn’t be any worse on loan (might even be better) for the season and give us a decent bit of money to carry over to next summer when we are going to need every penny for a big rebuild

I just don’t really even see what Praet adds to the squad if we keep him

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I just don’t see the point in keeping him when we would probably be lucky to get £5m for him next summer (that is if we don’t stupidly give him a new deal), get someone that probably wouldn’t be any worse on loan (might even be better) for the season and give us a decent bit of money to carry over to next summer when we are going to need every penny for a big rebuild

I just don’t really even see what Praet adds to the squad if we keep him

I'm fine with him going providing we replace him with a decent player. But him like fofana need replacing.

We currently have 22 fit Senior players.