Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Praet - Torino

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Praet isn't creative, he averages about 2 assist a year! 

For what it worth, I'd sell both him and Soumare give half a chance.

There was a spell in his first season where he was the best Belgian midfielder we had, Tielemans was looking like the player that Monaco had benched for a season. Creativity isn't just measured in assists, it's how you use the ball. Praet's a forward thinking player, probably why he's fallen out with Rodgers and his obsession with crab-like movement and tippy-tappy own-half Puelball.

Also our assist figures for anyone that's not Maddison or Barnes are shocking

• Like 2

3 hours ago, happy85 said:

Torino are now set to offer their ‘last resources’ to get the signing done, offering Leicester City a loan with the obligation to buy him for between €8m and €10m.

(@tuttosport)

They really are such an embarrassing club, how much did they get for Bremner again? Tighter then a ducks arsehole

3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Would much rather keep Soumare than Praet. 

Curious to know why?

Praet is industrious and offers energy compared to a big lump who offers nothing defensively or in an attacking sense.

Soumare if any genuinely acceptable bid comes in, I’m 99% sure the club sells as look how limited his minutes have been/not even in the squad for pro-longed periods 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, iancognito said:

There was a spell in his first season where he was the best Belgian midfielder we had, Tielemans was looking like the player that Monaco had benched for a season. Creativity isn't just measured in assists, it's how you use the ball. Praet's a forward thinking player, probably why he's fallen out with Rodgers and his obsession with crab-like movement and tippy-tappy own-half Puelball.

Also our assist figures for anyone that's not Maddison or Barnes are shocking

Lookman did ok and Youri is Youri. I agree though about Praet. Before that injury he was looking good. It’s in there somewhere but just can’t find it somehow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taupe said:

£8m to £10m? Dear lord, why bother even responding.

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

This is as insulting as the Saudis (sorry Newcastle) offer of £20m for Madders 

Are you guys insane? If we get money for Praet we've done really well. If we get 10m we've absolutely cornholed them. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

just let him go

this feels like a toxic relationship already 

In what way is it toxic? He’s been nothing but professional and Brendan has included him in every match day squad this season. Nothing toxic about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Make more than one forward pass and goal contribution a season.

Exactly this.

The only reason Praet goes is that he’s one of our only CM’s who is not a first team player who has interest.

Mendy was on his way to Turkey last year wasn’t he?

Soumare would have gone if an acceptable offer came in.

So whilst I’d want to keep Praet over those two, if him going frees up a squad position for a RW then thanks for that pass against Brentford Dennis, ohhh and some of those triangle passes with Youri/Timmy when we were still decent to watch.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Are you guys insane? If we get money for Praet we've done really well. If we get 10m we've absolutely cornholed them. 

It does rather feel that other clubs ( esp Italian and Turkish) can rock up and offer derisory fees for a current Belgian international or to put it another way less money than his club want for Harit who has no one interested in him bar us .

it feels like our club is suffering a collective nervous breakdown at the moment ( or perhaps that’s just how it appears seen through the prism of FT 

:cool:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, l444ry said:

Keep him. Would most likely be a great asset under a different manager, which might happen pretty soon anyway. 

Personally I think a few of these guys who are buried might be in line for a resurgence under a new manager. 

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Evidently I'm insane. It's not 10m though is it? It's a promise maybe to pay something like that in 12 months time. IF they're picking up his wages then I can see some interest from the club but otherwise it'd not be a deal that I can see really works for us.Of course, if we're hell bent on getting him gone, or Praet wants out, then that's a different situation, but I'm not getting that impression either.

1 minute ago, taupe said:

Evidently I'm insane. It's not 10m though is it? It's a promise maybe to pay something like that in 12 months time. IF they're picking up his wages then I can see some interest from the club but otherwise it'd not be a deal that I can see really works for us.Of course, if we're hell bent on getting him gone, or Praet wants out, then that's a different situation, but I'm not getting that impression either.

“Obligation”. ie. They have to sign him

If we can get his wages off the books and guarantee a fee in a year's time then get rid. Our problem is too many on decent money who don't really contribute anything of note, and whether you (for some reason) think he's an absolutely brilliant player we haven't utilised correctly or he's totally average, he is basically a prime example of that. 

Get him gone. Rodgers has had opportunity to use him more this season already and hasn't bothered. I'd rather a derisory sum (In some peoples view) which can be put towards a starter either now or in another window than keep him for a few pointless cameos.

Edited by JimJams

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

All depends if they are paying all his wages. If so I think we are in no position to turn this down. It is all about reducing our wage bill now and nothing else seems to matter.

They won’t pay all of his wages unless the 20/30k that’s too high for them to take on is deducted from his valuation.  We have to accept that we’re overpaying (for Serie A) and if he isn’t going to stay here then we take a bath on that few million