Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Praet - Torino

Just now, Babylon said:

“Obligation”. ie. They have to sign him

Yes, I know. For a seemingly vague sum in (and this was my point) the future. Who knows what will happen come the time?

I've no major gripe about him going for £10m in cash now but why do Torino any favours? 

5 minutes ago, taupe said:

Yes, I know. For a seemingly vague sum in (and this was my point) the future. Who knows what will happen come the time?

I've no major gripe about him going for £10m in cash now but why do Torino any favours? 

It’s just a way of bumping it into another years accounts for them. So long as it’s guaranteed we can still use it by various means. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Didn’t they have an obligation to buy last time for £15m or so and then decided they didn’t want to pay it or am I making this up? 

They had an option

If it had been an obligation, they couldnt have just said no, it sort of defeats the purpose of an obligation

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox 66 said:

A bit better than average. Brendan doesn’t start him and then when he does plays him out of position. Give him a run at number 8 instead of Tielemans and you’ll get solid performances out of him. You won’t get a replacement of his quality for £10m.

Very true, he was lost at RW because that's not his position. It's like judging KDH when he was played as a LWB by Rodgers. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

In what way is it toxic? He’s been nothing but professional and Brendan has included him in every match day squad this season. Nothing toxic about it. 

when relationship does not work and couple stay together anyway

26 minutes ago, Fox 66 said:

You won’t get a replacement of his quality for £10m.

Ok but you could gamble on Bowler for half that. 

Or if this was done earlier add 4 and we could have made Lookman permanent. 

Praet doesn't need replacing. 

6 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

What is he? :ph34r:

That is a genuinely good question to be fair. I've seen it suggested quite often that he should be playing ahead of Perez/Albrighton on the right but if we're ruling that out then what role exactly is he going to be occupying for us? He's not someone who's going to sit in front of the defence as the deepest midfielder and he's got nothing like the creativity of Maddison or Tielemans. The best I can see for him is as an alternative to KDH as a box-to-box workhorse or as one of the wider midfielders in the diamond we wheel out about once every two years. It's remarkable that given how highly rated he seems to be on here, nobody can ever actually tell you what he's good at or what it is he contributes other than he works hard and he plays for Belgium.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

That is a genuinely good question to be fair. I've seen it suggested quite often that he should be playing ahead of Perez/Albrighton on the right but if we're ruling that out then what role exactly is he going to be occupying for us? He's not someone who's going to sit in front of the defence as the deepest midfielder and he's got nothing like the creativity of Maddison or Tielemans. The best I can see for him is as an alternative to KDH as a box-to-box workhorse or as one of the wider midfielders in the diamond we wheel out about once every two years. It's remarkable that given how highly rated he seems to be on here, nobody can ever actually tell you what he's good at or what it is he contributes other than he works hard and he plays for Belgium.

Another 'highly rated in his absence' player, useful to the growing band of idiot cynic/conspiracy theorists who need another (as if we don't have enough) way of having a pop at Rodgers.

• Like 4