Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

It stands. If anyone understands the hb laws these days they're better than me.

IFAB clarified handball last year; included the sentence:

"Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence."

So on that basis absolutely right to give the goal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I'm rooting for the team with a Leicester player. Always do; no exceptions!

Nah, this is international football,  club affiliation doesn't mean much to me.

Understand that others feel differently, however.

Think this one is over as a contest already anyhow tbh.

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

All of these teams, everyone, in the whole competition, are better to watch than us eh? Bar maybe Belgium. 

We've had one brilliant game and one mergh game (which we still didn't lose, against a tidy enough side), we really haven't been bad or anywhere near the worst side to watch in the tournament. Look at the Dutch, Belgians, Argies, Germans.

That's before you get to Mexico, Qatar, South Korea...

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And Son is a playmaker, not an out and out goalscorer unless he has genuine quality players supplying him, yeah.

Bit harsh. I hate Son with a passion, he's a cynical little cheat. But he's a fantastic player and an excellent goal scorer capable of goals out of nothing through sheer individual brilliance. 

The rest of the team are a bit average and over rely on him though certainly. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Bit harsh. I hate Son with a passion, he's a cynical little cheat. But he's a fantastic player and an excellent goal scorer capable of goals out of nothing through sheer individual brilliance. 

The rest of the team are a bit average and over rely on him though certainly. 

Well, for this team he's having to be both playmaker and goalscorer, so yeah, over reliance.

IMO the quality of the Spurs players around him allows him the opportunity to bring more of those moments of brilliance for them.

And for how I judge his footballing merit, I have a lot of time for Son as a person given the way he's further raised footballing interest in this country.

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We've had one brilliant game and one mergh game (which we still didn't lose, against a tidy enough side), we really haven't been bad or anywhere near the worst side to watch in the tournament. Look at the Dutch, Belgians, Argies, Germans.

That's before you get to Mexico, Qatar, South Korea...

Be gone with your reason and understanding. I want to post wild, unfounded conjecture on this forum without fear of people countering me with valid points. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Be gone with your reason and understanding. I want to post wild, unfounded conjecture on this forum without fear of people countering me with valid points. 

IIRC, the forum T&C’s state when signing up that you must do exactly this.

• Like 1