Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Fans in attendance

Went out for a pint with a chap last who went to England's first game and also USA vs Wales. Said the digital ticket app was a proper shit show. Tickets just wiped away for the Wales game and only got in my chance by collaring a Polish FIFA delegate who wrote a pass out for him that he said was not on much more than a napkin.

Makes you think about it going this way closer to home too.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Went out for a pint with a chap last who went to England's first game and also USA vs Wales. Said the digital ticket app was a proper shit show. Tickets just wiped away for the Wales game and only got in my chance by collaring a Polish FIFA delegate who wrote a pass out for him that he said was not on much more than a napkin.

Makes you think about it going this way closer to home too.

Digital tickets are a plague, whichever country it is in

8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Not only that, but there's absolutely zero tolerance for thick yobbo behaviour of any sort. 

I've been to the middle east several times, and personally I was hyper aware of my own conduct when having a few drinks. Almost uncomfortably so. 

Can’t be a bad thing to be aware of your own conduct. That’s the issue with excessive alcohol, it takes people out of their senses which then leads to erratic behaviour.

• Like 1

Just now, K1FOX said:

Anyone know why the boycott thread was locked? 

Yes, I think I can make an educated guess, but I don't want to start a discussion on here that ends the same way.

Suffice to say there was a post that went beyond what had till then mainly been reasonable discussion; it was rightly swiftly deleted and the thread locked.

8 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Yes, I think I can make an educated guess, but I don't want to start a discussion on here that ends the same way.

Suffice to say there was a post that went beyond what had till then mainly been reasonable discussion; it was rightly swiftly deleted and the thread locked.

Freedom of speech? If it’s for what I think it was for then it begs the question, why are only certain things unspeakable?

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

Freedom of speech? If it’s for what I think it was for then it begs the question, why are only certain things unspeakable?

They aren't. I am certain that any similar comment in a different context would receive the exact same treatment.

'Freedom of speech' is not absolute, and does not include things like (for example only and not as comment on the locked thread) incitement to violence, racist language, defamation, threatening language...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

They aren't. I am certain that any similar comment in a different context would receive the exact same treatment.

'Freedom of speech' is not absolute, and does not include things like (for example only and not as comment on the locked thread) incitement to violence, racist language, defamation, threatening language...

Again didn’t actually see the comment so tough to comment but I’ve seen many digs at Islam and Muslims on this forum with no action taken, let alone action so swift even I missed it lol

Just now, K1FOX said:

Again didn’t actually see the comment so tough to comment but I’ve seen many digs at Islam and Muslims on this forum with no action taken, let alone action so swift even I missed it lol

It wasn't a 'dig.'

Obviously I'm not going to quote it, but I agree completely with it being deleted. And if I saw an equivalent post about Islam and/or Muslims and it wasn't deleted I'd be reporting it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Not only that, but there's absolutely zero tolerance for thick yobbo behaviour of any sort. 

I've been to the middle east several times, and personally I was hyper aware of my own conduct when having a few drinks. Almost uncomfortably so. 

Interesting, some of the drunkest times i've ever had have been in Dubai and Bahrain, im much more comfortable there than over here because of the passport in my pocket, middle class company im in and the fact im definitely not going to get beaten up, attacked, mugged etc by some fellow drunken thugs. Now if i was a migrant worker...whole different ballgame

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

Interesting, some of the drunkest times i've ever had have been in Dubai and Bahrain, im much more comfortable there than over here because of the passport in my pocket, middle class company im in and the fact im definitely not going to get beaten up, attacked, mugged etc by some fellow drunken thugs. Now if i was a migrant worker...whole different ballgame

It's not other people that made me uncomfortable, it was the authorities. The last time I went was just after the Dubai regime had just jailed a Scottish bloke for 6 months for "public indecency" after he allegedly "touched" a man's hip when he brushed past him in a busy bar. I'm sure there's more to the story, but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't playing on my mind. There are some absolute horror stories.

But yes, you can get drunk and enjoy yourself... Dubai especially, but I was always aware of the Police absolutely making sure you knew they were watching. 

16 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It's not other people that made me uncomfortable, it was the authorities. The last time I went was just after the Dubai regime had just jailed a Scottish bloke for 6 months for "public indecency" after he allegedly "touched" a man's hip when he brushed past him in a busy bar. I'm sure there's more to the story, but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't playing on my mind. There are some absolute horror stories.

But yes, you can get drunk and enjoy yourself... Dubai especially, but I was always aware of the Police absolutely making sure you knew they were watching. 

Yes that is my point, the fact i have a British passport and am with middle class ex pats/locals when i go to these places makes me much more comfortable of the authorities, on the whole they won't touch you. Won't be the same as migrant worker i assume..

You will always find sensationalised, one-off stories like the Scotsman around the world that is no way representative of reality. Right now during Friday brunches there will be a hell of a lot of 'brushing' going on in busy bars lol. When i've worked with global teams who come to London for a week or two some have been deathly scared of leaving the hotel due 'all the violence and religious warfare' that goes on in the city lol. You can tell their local media have jumped on the fact an immigrant has committed a crime and paint out London to be an unlivable hell hole. Not true.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Neanderthals throwing chairs and resorting to violence and treating people and the area they're in like sh*t.

That kind of stuff would be my guess.

Quite a few Middle class twats at the front and causing avoc..

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

This purely grapevine stuff so as a disclaimer this post of mine could be bollocks but from what I heard the Brit was being complete and utter arsehole all night to the guy all night. Guy finally snapped when he was going near his rear end. Not saying the British guy deserved jail time but from what I heard it was far from an accidental brush past someone in a busy bar.

Edited by Nalis

45 minutes ago, Nalis said:

This purely grapevine stuff so as a disclaimer this post of mine could be bollocks but from what I heard the Brit was being complete and utter arsehole all night to the guy all night. Guy finally snapped when he was going near his rear end. Not saying the British guy deserved jail time but from what I heard it was far from an accidental brush past someone in a busy bar.

I've always assumed as much, like I say - sure there's more to the story. 

• Like 1

After the absolute horror shit show that was the euros final at wembley I don’t mind an alcohol ban any where near the stadium.

I love a few beers as much as any man but I know my limits and I’d I did get sloshed I’m not the kind that goes on a violent rampage of public disorder but many are as we sadly witnessed. People from all walks of life should be able to enjoy a game without ever fearing for their welfare.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

After the absolute horror shit show that was the euros final at wembley I don’t mind an alcohol ban any where near the stadium.

I love a few beers as much as any man but I know my limits and I’d I did get sloshed I’m not the kind that goes on a violent rampage of public disorder but many are as we sadly witnessed. People from all walks of life should be able to enjoy a game without ever fearing for their welfare.

People would just turn up pissed anyway. The trouble at Wembley was caused by people who didn't have a ticket anyway.