Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Fans in attendance

4 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

As  I live in Qatar so i can answer that. ATM there are some fans on the street but not many but in the typical Arabic fashion most things other than the stadiums are still under construction including (would you believe it) some hotels. I am not sure how many fans will eventually arrive (they are saying around 1 million in a country with a population of 2.5 million). Atmosphere wise i know it is almost impossible to get a ticket for any game so most of the games should have high attendances. Outside of the games there are a number of different "fan zones" set to open on 19th Nov. I am not sure if i will attend any though.  i have an Arabic restaurant on the ground floor of my building with outdoor seating, a giant screen showing the games, no alcohol served but  sheesa pipes available if that's your thing. I also have BeIn sports on my TV at home which broadcasts all the games (plus thanks to my recently acquired alcohol license 2 cases of  24 X 355ml Corona (46GBP per case) plus an assortment of red and whites). I have a couple of mates arriving from Australia on Friday night. In total i got tickets to 21 games including 14 group games, 4 X R16, 2 X QF, 1 X SF. The first of these is Eng V Iran on Monday next week. The Wales team will stay in the building next to me so i will see if i can post a selfie with Danny. Of course i would like one with Madders too but the England team are about 1/2 hour drive from where i live.  

If you don’t mind me asking, is that affordable? 

I am flying out on Sunday morning to Qatar and staying as long as England remain in the tournament. Accommodation is on Ummm Awaraada Street, is this near your restaurant? Have tickets for all 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿  games but have struggled for other games. Was hoping to see Amartey 🇬🇭 and the 🇧🇪 trio , hoping to pick up a ticket when I’m there. Any fellow foxes 🦊 making the trip.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm curious about you alcohol license. Does that been you can drink at home?

yes non-Muslims can apply for an alcohol  license. It costs 35GDP per year. There is one shop that has beer wine and spirits and pork product. There is a 50% tax on Alcohol. My spend quota is 2000GBP per month although there is no way i will come anywhere near that. I have been in Qatar 6 years and only recently applied for the license cause i have some Australian mates arriving for the WC on Friday. Yes we can drink at home no problem. Before that i didn't really bother too much with alcohol.   

Edited by hackenbacker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mistyblue said:

I am flying out on Sunday morning to Qatar and staying as long as England remain in the tournament. Accommodation is on Ummm Awaraada Street, is this near your restaurant? Have tickets for all 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿  games but have struggled for other games. Was hoping to see Amartey 🇬🇭 and the 🇧🇪 trio , hoping to pick up a ticket when I’m there. Any fellow foxes 🦊 making the trip.

Give me a call when you get here +97433487360. Happy to show you around. Stephen. I could not find your street on Waze what is the name of the hotel? 

Edited by hackenbacker
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Lionator said:

If you don’t mind me asking, is that affordable? 

is what affordable? The tickets? In total they cost me 2566 GDP. The most expensive was the SF @ 560 GBP the cheapest was Uruguay v Port @ 10 GBP and Wales v Iran also at GBP 10. The 10GBP were only available to Qatar residents (category 4) in the first ballot that took place in Feb or march this year. the other games i have are -

England V Iran 
France V  Australia
Belgium v Canada
Brazil v Serbia
Wales v Iran
Arg v Mex
Spn v Ger
S Korea V Ghana
Port v Urg
England V Wales
Ecu V Sen
Den v Aust
Can V Morr
Serb v Switz
R16 1C V 2D 
1B v 2A
1E V 2F
1H v 2G
QF W49 V W 50
W51 V W52
SF W57 V W58
  • Like 3

Hi Stephen, I am stopping at the Vyra which is the England Supporters Travel Club base. Will take you up on your kind offer, although not landing until 16.45 on 20th , so unlikely to be contact until the Monday of the game. Looking at where Wales are based , I guess you are not too far from Al Rayyan Stadium. Monday will probably be spending Monday getting in some supplies and travelling to Khalifa Stadium.Graham

33 minutes ago, Mistyblue said:

Hi Stephen, I am stopping at the Vyra which is the England Supporters Travel Club base. Will take you up on your kind offer, although not landing until 16.45 on 20th , so unlikely to be contact until the Monday of the game. Looking at where Wales are based , I guess you are not too far from Al Rayyan Stadium. Monday will probably be spending Monday getting in some supplies and travelling to Khalifa Stadium.Graham

I am about 25 mins drive from Al Rayyan Stadium. If i got your hotel right I live about 500 metres from where you are staying (In West Bay). The Wales team are at the Delta Hotel which is about 200 metres from the Vyra.  The Vyra is brand new i reckon it was only completed in the past month.  There is also new beaches across the road which only open tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, hackenbacker said:

I am about 25 mins drive from Al Rayyan Stadium. If i got your hotel right I live about 500 metres from where you are staying (In West Bay). The Wales team are at the Delta Hotel which is about 200 metres from the Vyra.  The Vyra is brand new i reckon it was only completed in the past month.  There is also new beaches across the road which only open tomorrow. 

Sounding better by the minute🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Hope they have completed the snagging list. Is your restaurant at the same place, you could have a visitor for dinner 🍽 

1 hour ago, Mistyblue said:

Sounding better by the minute🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Hope they have completed the snagging list. Is your restaurant at the same place, you could have a visitor for dinner 🍽 

Yes the Arabic restaurant is in the building I live...... I   think I might have given you the wrong impression. It's not my restaurant  ... I have trouble cooking baked beans.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’m going to England vs Iran on Monday.

Wasn’t planning on going to the World Cup but was going to be in Oman for the week and saw Oman Air were doing a day shuttle. Kept an eye on the re-sale platform and got fortunate with a ticket for the match on there.

I land at 12pm, match at 4pm, back to Oman at 10pm so essentially doing an away day in Qatar!

I got a mate in Oman who visited the other week and he mentioned there were shuttle flights. Crazy!

19 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’m going to England vs Iran on Monday.

Wasn’t planning on going to the World Cup but was going to be in Oman for the week and saw Oman Air were doing a day shuttle. Kept an eye on the re-sale platform and got fortunate with a ticket for the match on there.

I land at 12pm, match at 4pm, back to Oman at 10pm so essentially doing an away day in Qatar!

I am going too and there is at least one more on this discussion group but i think he is staying with the England supporter group. if you need any directions etc let me know. If you want to meet let me know too. From the airport get the metro to DECC on the red line that will take you to the City Centre Mall. I live just down the road from it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

See I love a few drinks on matchday, but if you're put off attending a world cup purely because you cannot drink (and not because of other issues) then I'd say you've got a problem. 

That’s fair, but if you’ve spent thousands travelling somewhere and you’ve been promised one thing that then doesn’t materialise…..

Presumably for the last 15-odd years Qatar have been promising alcohol concessions to look like they’re welcoming the world and then they pull out two days before it starts. Did they just basically lie about it for years?