Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Spain vs Morocco - Round of 16, 6 December

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Think Spains tippy tappy style has ran its course now.

Its tedious to watch without the intensity and end product.

Be happy to see Morocco  nick one, the way the Spaniards  manufactured Germany out of the WC last week.

If you can watch this game and conclude that of the two teams it's Spain producing the tedious football then fair play to you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

If you can watch this game and conclude that of the two teams it's Spain producing the tedious football then fair play to you

Morocco are just sitting back to try and  counter.

It's not pretty and  everyone will have known what they are going to do.

If they went toe to toe, Spain would Muller them.

It's all on Spain to break them down.

2 shots on target??

If you watch this and think Spain are doing well, fair play to YOU!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes you need different style of play to win games not just pass pass tika taka trying to break down heavily defending teams. You can hit the occasional long ball to a target man once in a while. No one wins games by having the most passes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Raj said:

Think Spains tippy tappy style has ran its course now.

Its tedious to watch without the intensity and end product.

Be happy to see Morocco  nick one, the way the Spaniards  manufactured Germany out of the WC last week.

Ridiculous 

Ill be happy to never see Morocco throw out 10 defensemen ever again.  

Spain are just as one dimensional as Morocco. Even when Morocco lose the ball in Spain’s end Spain still want to walk the ball back up the pitch they rarely try to get forward quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is up to Spain to be able to break them down, they can’t and have been poor going forward 

I don't dispute that, nor do I begrudge Morocco setting up the way they have, but in a game like this where only one of the two teams is actively trying to make something happen - whether or not you agree with the way they're going about it - I think it's odd to single out that team as being the tedious one. Of course, I accept that not everyone gets excited by the same types of football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marbles said:

You may enjoy teams that try to win 0-0, but I don’t.

I also understand when playing against a side that is superior you do what you need to do. Morocco are doing their bit and they are pretty comfortable so far doing it. It is up to Spain to move it faster and create more, at the moment they have created absolutely nothing. Morocco know what they are doing and one chance could win them the game 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I also understand when playing against a side that is superior you do what you need to do. Morocco are doing their big and they are pretty comfortable so far doing it. It is up to Spain to move it faster and create more, at the moment they have crated absolutely nothing 

But even when Morocco have had chances to counter, they've failed quite badly. So are they not tedious too? 

Just now, StanSP said:

But even when Morocco have had chances to counter, they've failed quite badly. So are they not tedious too? 

Oh it isn’t exciting that is for sure lol They have created the better chances still, for a team without anywhere near the quality too that is decent. Morocco have been tight and using what they have well, I can’t say the same for Spain.  

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Spain's fault if they can't score. People underappreciate quality defending so much you're "anti-football" if base your game around it lol

No-one wins anything without a good defence.

Didn’t Rodri call Leicester anti football when we beat them 4-2

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Spain's fault if they can't score. People underappreciate quality defending so much you're "anti-football" if base your game around it lol

No-one wins anything without a good defence.

No one wins anything with only defense