Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, Mee-9 said:

I do think Kristiansen is terrible. 
 

Not a Premier League player at all.

So weird as he seems to have lost all that early promise.

 

I still prefer him at LB than the one paced Thomas, him running in treacle after a not very rapid Mahrez in the second half reminded me, WHY we were so desperate for a LB.

  • Like 1
Posted
7 minutes ago, sishades said:

This now 9 defeats and 1 draw in 10 games. I have seen nothing to suggest that we can win 4 of the last 7.

Nonsense. You have to draw a line where a new manager comes in.

 

Palace had similar bad form and now won 3 in a row under Hodgson. 

Guest nathan.
Posted

I turned it off after 3-0

 

Next 7 are the big ones

 

 

Guest Col city fan
Posted
3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Not a good sign he dropped of so quick.

I think Souttar looks worse personally.

Every bit your archetypal big lump of a Championship CB

Hope he improves 

Posted
33 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Yes no I completely agree we were much better second half another day at least 1 or 2 of those Preat, maddison, nacho chances go in and it's a different game. 

 

That second half gave me hope 

It’s a shame that one of them didn’t go in as we were in the ascendancy and it could have been difficult for them to find the momentum again after playing at a slow pace for so long, it could have set up a frantic finish. 

  • Like 1
Guest Mee-9
Posted
4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Not a good sign he dropped of so quick.

I don’t understand the hype at all.

 

Fans love him because he waves his hands around trying to get the crowd up and overlaps but never receives the ball, but he can’t defend well and his passes are all over the place. 
 

Even Thomas looked much more composed. 

Posted
Just now, Col city fan said:

I think Souttar looks worse personally.

Every bit your archetypal big lump of a Championship CB

Hope he improves 

Thought he was actually okay today, better more experienced defenders will come away from Man City worse off then he did. Won his headers as you'd expect and got a good header off for Iheanacho to tap in the rebound.

  • Like 2
Posted
6 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

So weird as he seems to have lost all that early promise.

 

I still prefer him at LB than the one paced Thomas, him running in treacle after a not very rapid Mahrez in the second half reminded me, WHY we were so desperate for a LB.

I do like Kristiansen but to be fair to Thomas we looked a lot more secure down the left side in the second half with him there.

  • Like 2
Posted
Just now, Mee-9 said:

I don’t understand the hype at all.

 

Fans love him because he waves his hands around trying to get the crowd up and overlaps but never receives the ball, but he can’t defend well and his passes are all over the place. 
 

Even Thomas looked much more composed. 

Man City didn’t even come out of second gear in the second half though mate.

 

If Mahrez actually looked up, he would have seen Walker bombing past Thomas on a regular basis, not even solely due to pace but because Thomas just drifted into blind alleys a lot of the second half.

 

Thomas really is NOT the answer for the last 7 games.

Posted
59 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

I know Man City stopped at HT but unbelievably another day we draw that. Poor finishing cost us again. 

Giving away 2 piss poor goals cost us. The 1st goal was a freak but the 2nd and 3rd were absolute piss from Ndidi and KDH respectively. First half we were awful but 2nd half we were miles better and showed a bit more fight. So unlucky when Nacho hit the post, that would have been a wonderful goal! 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I think Souttar looks worse personally.

Every bit your archetypal big lump of a Championship CB

Hope he improves 

Souttar is quite limited but has to play imo just for the threat he gives us at set pieces. Not sure playing 3 CB's will create us enough chances to get us out of trouble so Smith has to decide between Faes, Soyuncu and Evans for the other CB.

Guest Mee-9
Posted
Just now, SafewayFox said:

Man City didn’t even come out of second gear in the second half though mate.

 

If Mahrez actually looked up, he would have seen Walker bombing past Thomas on a regular basis, not even solely due to pace but because Thomas just drifted into blind alleys a lot of the second half.

 

Thomas really is NOT the answer for the last 7 games.

Which is why I can’t see why some people are buzzing with the performance.

 

They should have put us to the sword, but didn’t. Champions League in mind. 

Posted (edited)

Crazily we were given a chance to pick up a point from that game, due to their utter disregard for us, and complacency.

Maddison had two choices when he was through, have a shot himself or square for Nacho for a tap in, sadly he chose to shoot, probably because earlier Nacho had shot when he should have passed to Maddison for a good opportunity.

 Nacho should also have scored when he hit the post, he wasnt unlucky, it was a poor finish.

An undeserved point was there for us, but we blew it.

I hope today has shown the new management team that this isnt the Vardy they remember, and that he shouldnt be a starter from here on in.

I also hope that they realise that Soyuncu is probably our best centre half and should play with one of Soutter or Faes, not both, in future games.

 Also that Harvey Barnes has to be found a place in the side if and when he gets fit, he is our best forward, even though he can be frustrating.

That Mendy should be playing ahead of the truly awful Ndidi. As with Vardy, this is not the vintage Ndidi that Shakey will remember.

That KDH, for all his running and hard work, is simply technically not good enough at this level, and shouldnt be starting games.

I also think that Kristiansen may have played himself out of the team, which is a worry, because that means Thomas will be back, with Ricardo out.

The plus from today is that Man City declared at 3-0, and so hasnt damaged our goal difference too much, which could prove vital, if we can start picking some points up ourselves.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 3
Posted
6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Souttar looks worse personally.

Every bit your archetypal big lump of a Championship CB

Hope he improves 

He hasnt impressed me either.

 

He's good at header clearances, but nothing else stands out for me.

 

I think Evans was going to start this game according to sky, but had late sickness come on yesterday, wonder which of the back 3 would have been dropped, Souttar seems most likely.

Posted
Just now, Mee-9 said:

Which is why I can’t see why some people are buzzing with the performance.

 

They should have put us to the sword, but didn’t. Champions League in mind. 

I think it was more of how you HAVE to take the positives, I just don’t think Thomas was much of one, he just wasn’t punished for his lack of positional sense IMO.

 

Seeing Nacho score (again) surely just highlights to Smith that he HAS to start and hopefully the same for Mendy as a bare minimum.

 

 

Posted
59 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Stuffed 3-1 and I feel more confident than I did. 7-0 under Rodgers

This!! 

 

That intensity we shown in the last 20 and pressing would never have been there for Brendans team. Whether City took their foot off the gas or not. It would have been closer to 10 than 5.

  • Like 1
Posted

We were never going to get anything today. But the game ended in a positive fashion, and I feel bizarrely positive after watching it. I think Smith et al can win enough game to keep us up, but whether there is enough games left is the question. But I saw enough in the second half to think that we can. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

He hasnt impressed me either.

 

He's good at header clearances, but nothing else stands out for me.

 

I think Evans was going to start this game according to sky, but had late sickness come on yesterday, wonder which of the back 3 would have been dropped, Souttar seems most likely.

Souttar is a weird one.

 

He plays like a Scottish/Ozzie Vestergaard one minute but then looks like he actually uses his sheer size in a good manner, which Jannik doesn’t.

 

One thing that a lot of us have said, him or Faes need to play NEXT to Cags for a bit of athleticism at least.

Posted
1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just think if maddison and nacho took them final two chances plus a decent pen shout.

Nacho had the chance from outside the box too which he scuffed, so we could have ended up winning that game!! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...